10~Can't Sleep

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

As they drove off, he continuously glanced at her and saw her looking outside placing her hands and head on the window like a child. "Umm, Shreenidhi, I understand you have a child inside you but...," he was cut in between as she raised her head and snapped at him. "Child in me? You said you're my husband but there's not a single memory I can remember of yours and you're saying I am pregnant? Seriously? Listen, stop the car," she said angrily and he gasped. "Shreenidhi? What are you saying? I never said that baby," he said and chuckled.

"Baby? Seriously? Ugghhhh, listen I can't recall you, okay? Get that in your mind, and I am also not pregnant and I am also not your baby, stop the car I said," she said getting angry holding her head and he halted the car. She unfastened the seatbelt and unlocked the door and got out of the car and walked a few steps sitting on the bonnet. He also did the same. "Shreenidhi, I didn't mean that you're pregnant, I meant to say that you have a child inside you like not literally, but somewhere the little Shreenidhi is still there inside you, like you were in childhood, and I was saying that what if a motorcycle comes and bangs in the car? That may fracture your fingers and you would have also got hurt on your head," he said.

She looked at him and gasped. She blinked her eyes for couple of times and began to laugh cupping her face. "Shreenidhi? What? Why are you laughing?" he asked and she stopped laughing and as she looked at his face, she burst out laughing once again and looked away. "What?" he asked and she couldn't stop laughing. "Siddhu? Siddhu I was saying that...," her voice trailed off again as she couldn't control her laughter.

He also smiled seeing her laugh. "Siddhu, I was laughing because the way I misunderstood what you said, what to do? It was so funny," she said and smiled touching his arm, he chuckled. "Okay I understand, but you stopped laughing in the middle and began to laugh again, why?" he asked smiling back at her. "Because when I saw your face, I recalled the joke again, this always happens, ha ha, let's go," she said and giggled. She went and sat in the car. He also came and sat.

They closed the doors together. He glanced at her while fastening his seatbelt. "Shreenidhi seatbelt," he reminded and she fastened the seatbelt. "Thanks for making me laugh, after going through anesthesia, a person often has anger issues," she said and rolled up the window seat. "Yes, I understand," he said and smiled, she too smiled and looked away. He began to drive and then they reached. He got out of the car and waited for her to come out. Now that she didn't really have any of his memories in her mind, for him it didn't seem valid to get her out of the car holding her hand.

She got out of the car and closed the door and stood beside him. "Come," he said and began to walk but she stood there only and he turned. "Shreenidhi? Come?" he said and she folded her arms on her chest and walked to him. He looked on. "I wonder that if I married you, then in what circumstances I married you, but one thing I understand is that, I really could identify what a diamond really is, I could easily distinguish between a stone and a diamond. Even after I got angry, you didn't hesitate to care for me. When I fell, you immediately lifted me, I did feel something at that moment. Maybe it was familiarity or maybe something else," she said smiling slightly.

He smiled. "Thank you but, I was a stone, you were the diamond, and you will understand this once you gain your memory back, shall we go?" he asked and she nodded and began to walk but suddenly her ankle twisted and she was about to fall, she flinched but he held her arm on time and pulled her holding her back. They had an eyelock.

Shayad kabhi na keh sakoon main tumko
Kahe bina samajh lo tum shayad
Shayad mere khayal mein tum ik din
Milo mujhe kahin pe ghum shayad

He realized and straightened her. "You okay?" he asked and she nodded. He wrapped her arm around her shoulders and she felt goosebumps.

Jo tum na ho... rahenge hum nahin
Jo tum na ho... rahenge hum nahin
Na chahiye kuch tum se zyada tum se kam nahin

He led her inside the building in which there was their bungalow.

Jo tum na ho... toh hum bhi hum nahi
Jo tum na ho... toh hum bhi hum nahi
Na chahiye kuch tum se zyada tum se kam nahin

He rung the doorbell and waited. Kokila came and answered the door. She smiled seeing them and invited them inside. They settled. "Mom, it feels as if I have come here after a long time, as if its been ages since I last came here, is that so?" she asked looking around the house. "Dikra (used for both son and daughter in Gujrati), why are you thinking so much? Doctor said not to think much, it can affect you badly," Kokila said, Shreenidhi nodded not satisfied by her answer.

"I will just come," Kokila said and stood up and went to give them some privacy. "Siddhu, I am not really satisfied with her answer, you tell me what is it? Why do I feel like this? I mean you're claiming to be my husband, I even felt familiarity with you, your touch and your care felt familiar, so tell, did I not come here even for once after our marriage?" she asked. "Yes, after marrying me, you rarely used to come here," he told her. "But why?" she asked. "We had some problems between us, and you didn't want to show your mom that our relation isn't so smooth, and that let alone love, we didn't even have mutual understanding between us," he said and she looked on and stood up scanning the house, some blurry flashbacks ran in her mind.

She held her head. "Ahh.. My head.. Ahh," she said feeling dizzy and immediately he stood up and rushed to her holding her. She blinked her eyes multiple times and her head fell on his chest as she went unconscious and darkness engulfed her. "Shreenidhi?" he said in a shock, he held her carefully and bent down lifting her in his arms, her head hung as he took her to the couch.

He lied her on the couch and went to the kitchen to get water. Meanwhile she was as still as a corpse. He came back and sprinkled water on her eyes, she squeezed her eyes and stirred a little. He sprinkled a little more of it and she held her head and opened her eyes. "Shreenidhi? Are you okay? You went unconscious all of a sudden," he said and went to the kitchen and drained the water in the glass down the sink and came back.

She sat up and he sat beside her, she seemed to be so lost. "Nidhi?" he said and she looked at him immediately, it seemed as if he had called her by her nickname after ages. "You okay?" he asked, she smiled slightly and nodded and looked away. "If there's something you want to share, then I am listening," he said and she sighed. "Siddhu, it's like I got some blurry flashbacks, even the voices that I heard were very faint, and suddenly I felt dizzy and went unconscious," she said, Kokila came back and sat on the couch in front of them.

"What kind of flashbacks Nidhi?" he asked and she shrugged. "I don't know, but they seemed unpleasant to me," she said and looked away holding her head. "Shreenidhi, it happens, I think you need rest," Kokila said and she nodded and stood up and walked away from there. He looked on. "Okay mummy I will leave," he said smiling slightly and began to leave. "Siddhu dikra?" she said and he turned. "Shreenidhi would get fine and then you can surely take her with you, she would stay with you only," she assured, he nodded and smiled and began to leave again.

"Is there anything you're hiding?" she asked and he sighed. "Actually, whatever happened with Shreenidhi looked like an accident but actually it isn't, she had an injury on her thigh and doctor said it comes only after getting hit by a car, so its literally a murder attempt, police is investigating," he said. She got shocked. "Who will try to kill my daughter? I remember there was literally no one before you in her life, but... Wait a second, there was someone in your life before her and she can be the one behind all this," she said angrily.

"No, she can't, she was in front of me when Shreenidhi ran away," he said. She got thinking. "Anyways, I will leave," he said and went. As he got out of the building, he sat in his car and drove off. The thought of living alone troubled him. He couldn't imagine living in that house alone. He kept driving and reached his house. He got down the car with a heavy heart and walked with baby steps towards the house. He unlocked the house, the dead silent house, which was once a home, but it didn't feel like home after Shreenidhi lost her memory.

He entered inside and closed the door behind him. It was really difficult to enter the house. He recalled how happy she really got whenever he returned and how he was always unhappy by her clinginess. Now he realized, that the clinginess she showed was her very loving and possessive nature. How he missed it badly and how badly he wanted that she returns and clings onto him and hugs him so tight that he forgets all the sadness that has engulfed him and how he wished he could talk about it with someone.

He was about to call his mother Radhika but he got another call and he was surprised to see it was Shreenidhi's call. He smiled and thanked God for it. He received the call happily. "Shreenidhi!" he exclaimed. "What? Even my parents wouldn't have been so happy after my birth like you are happy after receiving my call," she said and chuckled. He too laughed a little and walked to his bedroom lying on his bed. "What happened? Why are you so silent? Were you always like this? And I was the one to be talkative?" she asked.

He smiled and got tears in his eyes. "None of us were ever silent. Me and you, both were talkative, but Shreenidhi, silence does not really bothers me, except for the silence you have left behind," he said wiping his tears from the side of his eyes. "Really? But you just met me and missing me already? That shows how much you've always loved me," she said. I wish I knew it earlier. He thought. "Yes, I have always loved you, just took time to realize," he said regretting every single moment he shouted on her or showed anger for craving love.

"Siddhu? Look, mom is going to dad, she's been planning to stay with him as he is always abroad for his business and rarely comes here, so then who would she leave me to? Who's the most trustworthy person who can take care of me in her absence?" she asked rolling on her bed lying on her tummy waiting for his answer. "Who is it? Who's going to take care of you in her absence?" he asked curiously and she smiled and looked down. "You, Siddhu, it's you who's the most trustworthy person in her eyes, you're going to care for me," she told her.

"Really?" he asked and gasped. "Yes, it's really you, now I will quote her exact words, Shreenidhi, I am planning to live with your father, and till then there should be someone in my absence to take care of you, someone who can put up with your tantrums and someone very trustworthy, you know who’s it? He's Siddhu, he's the one who has taken care of you in the past one year and put up with your tantrums and now he only would take care of you like he did previously, he he," she said and felt a tinge of happiness within her.

"Oh, that's great, so then? When would I pick you exactly?" he asked. "Tomorrow," she answered and he smiled and cried joyful tears. "Tomorrow? Okay," he said. "By the way Siddhu, I can't sleep at all, it seems so uncomfortable. Why is it so? What were my sleeping habits?" she asked curiously. He smiled.

Flashback :

"God you're such a baby, kiun roti ho itna? Mujhe toh lagta hai maine shahdi nahi ki, balkay ek bacha adopt kiya hai, aur iss shaitan bachay pe jitna gussa aata hai na utna he pyaar bhi aata hai, I have grown fond of this cute devil kid," he said cupping her cheeks and wiped her tears. She didn't say anything, she just looked at him fondly and cupped his cheeks. "Really? Pyaar bhi aata hai?" she asked softly.

"Haan, pyaar bhi aata hai," he said and bent down and picked her in his arms while she kept gazing at his face cutely. He walked to the bed and lied her down and pulled a duvet over her. He went and lied on the other side and extended his arm towards her calling her for a cuddle. She smiled and willingly got closer to him to get engulfed in his warm cuddle. He wrapped his arms around her. She too wrapped her arm around him. "Tu milay, dil khilay, aur jeene ko kya chahiye, na ho tu udaas tere aas paas main rahoon ga zindagi bhar, saare sansaar ka pyaar maine tujhi mein paaya, tum mile, dil khilay, aur jeene ko kya chahiye," he sang to her and she smiled feeling enlightened and they both slept peacefully in each other's warmth.

Fb end.

"What to say? You couldn't sleep without cuddling, you always wanted to cuddle with me and that's how you slept, like a baby," he said. "Aww, that's why, that's why I feel like this, anyways it just the matter of today, then I would come back and cuddle a lot with you," she said and he grew even more fond of her. "Yes you would come back," he said. "Okay I will take rest now," she said and the call disconnected. Just as he was about to place his phone on the dining table, he got another call from an unknown number. He picked it. "Hallo," he said. "Hallo, police station, we have got the footage of the road you stated where the accident took place, we got the clear image of the man who was driving the car by which he had hit Shreenidhi, you will have to come to the police station to identify him," said the inspector. "Okay sir," he said and disconnected the call and rushed outside the house.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro