Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was quiet in the galley, I had cut myself several times. "That's enough," Billy said and came to relieve me.

"Is Flint still upset with me?" I asked.

"Yes," he nodded.

"Damn it. Where's Silver?" I asked panicking slightly.

"He's with Flint, he's trying to find a use for him," Billy said.

"Hopefully not food for sharks," I said.

"Flint's not that heartless," Billy said, I looked at him in a disbelieving manner.

"Don't look at me like that, " he said.

"You know he would," I reminded him. Finally Silver and Flint emerged onto the deck he still didn't look happy.

"You take care of him, Tom," Flint said and walked past me knocking shoulders with me.

"Yes captain," I said. We sailed towards Nassau, Silver helped me with the sails. "I hope Flint wasn't too hard on you?" I heaved the ropes burning my hands on the rough surface.

"Not at all," he said looking at me smiling.

"Good," I said. We reached Nassau at dusk, we couldn't have rushed off the boat any quicker. While the men went to the tavern I went straight to the beach. I pulled my clothes off and walked into the sea, it glowed emerald and sapphire around me as my tail replaced my legs. It was refreshing to feel the water wash over my being once again, the scales on my purple tail glowed amethyst and glimmered in the light of the moonlight. I swam a little way from shore and dove under the waves, I followed the glowing trail to the cave on the far side of Nassau.

I sat on my usual rock, I thought I was alone till I turned my gaze to the darkness, it was a lonely pirate, drunk no doubt. "My eyes are deceiving me," he slurred and stumbled closer. I remained quiet and retreated backwards, "it's okay," he said. As soon as he was within reaching distance two eels rose up out of the water, wrapped their bodies around him, "Help me please!" he begged, but I ignored him and watched as they pulled him into the water.

The bottle of rum he had in his hand bobbed next to me, I pushed it away with my tail and laid in the water listening to the silence and the drip drip of the water on the ceiling of the cave. I spent most of the night in the cave, but when dawn made herself present I returned to the beach. I slept with my tail in the water and my torso on the beach. However, my slumber was interrupted by Silver, he walked the beach calling my name. I quickly beached myself my tail turning to legs.

I pulled on my clothes and pulled my hat down over my face. "There you are," he said.

"Did you miss me?" I asked.

"No," he said.

"Right," I teased as we walked the beach, I began to worry he may have seen me last night before I went into the sea, I knew I had to find out. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro