| 21 | Promise

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Playlist: I promise I'm the one for you, just let me hold you in these arms tonight

. . .

It was supposed to be a day for them, the last time they'd see this place before they left for Love~Love~Paradise but of course, someone had to come and ruin it since happiness wasn't something they were allowed anymore. 

Nate tightly squeezed Guy's hand as reassurance, he frowned and narrowed his eyes. "What are you doing here Ein?" Nate asked, Ein grinned at him and put his hands on his hips. "I'm just saying hi to my mate and his friend," Ein stated, Nate raised an eyebrow and looked to Guy. "I know Ein is a werewolf from High School but I never took the class, do you know what he means Guy?" Nate asked, Guy's face looked even more confused. "I'm not actually sure! He kept mentioning it anytime he tried to kiss me or do something when we were together." Guy informed. "Then what does mate mean in your context Ein, knowing you it's gonna be fucked up."

"In my context, you mean the context of all Werewolves and Meif'wa's? You know very well that in my case once a Werewolf and Meif'wa date someone and did the things we did it means you can't leave me since your technically mine now." Ein stated, Nate looked to Guy again. "What did you two do?" Nate questioned, Guy looked away. "It's more of what he tried to do... He likes to bite a lot..." Guy said. Nate looked at him flabbergasted. "Why would you try and bite someone?! That's weird and wrong!"

"And so what?! So were those bruises I left on him when he didn't listen and he didn't seem to have a problem with it." Ein stated with a shrug. Nate's shoulder's feel and they both went quiet, Guy's face flushed red. 

"You... WHAT?!" Nate's hands curled into fist his knuckles turning white, he stomped towards EIn with his eye's narrowed into a glare, Guy grabbed his arm and held him back. "Nate, NO. It's not worth it, we're almost done with him, we just gotta make it to tomorrow's flight and we'll be done with him forever." Guy coaxed but Ein only let out a laugh. "Go ahead, come at me I dare you, you'll be no better than me." Ein persuaded, Nate let out a growl. 

Guy pulled Nate away by his arm trying to convince him to ignore him but Ein's taunt's overtook his voice of reason in the end. 

Nate ripped his arm away from Guy's grip and rushed towards Ein with his hands formed into fists knuckles turning white. Guy, however, stumbled back catching his balancing looking at the scene before his eye's full of concern tears welding in the corner of them. Nate rushed towards Ein pulling his fist back punching Ein in the shoulder blade. 

Ein let out a gruff laugh barely even stumbling back, slightly rubbing his shoulder, the pain barely there. Nate narrowed his eyes at Ein letting out a deep sigh. "What the hell do you think your laughing at you prick?" Ein's response was only more laughter. 

"Still your no better than me in the end, you said you wouldn't hurt him but looked what you did, you are pathetic." Ein pointed towards Guy who had tears in his eye's looking at the fight before him slightly backing up. 

A wave of panic rushed on Nate and he let go of Ein's shirt's collar, his breath was caught in his throat, he didn't want this, this wasn't supposed to happen at all. "I-I... No, I'm so sorry Guy I didn't want to- I wasn't, trying to. I'm sorry I just got angry and..." Nate apologized, he took a few steps toward Guy but Guy backed away. "And you wonder why I came back, to remind you, you're just like me, and you'll never get away from being what I used to be," Ein informed and then proceeded to walk away to whatever he was going to do next.

Another wave of guilt crashed down on him. "Guy- I... I'm gonna go, I just can't right now, I'll see you tomorrow to come to pick up to go to the airport." Nate sighed, he started to walk away but stopped when he felt to arms wrap around him. "Please... Don't go. I wanna get over him, your... You're not like him, please, don't listen to him like I did, please..." Guy pleaded, Nate shifted around and hugged him back. "I-I... I won't, please can it just be us tonight? Just us, I'm tired of dealing with him, with him constantly making me angry and trying to make me hurt you." Guy nodded and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. "You aren't like him, I swear."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

. . .

Moments, where they could both take a break and lay like this, were often slightly rare. With hectic schedules especially with the Holidays coming up and their jobs to providing enough income due to the cold weather starting up they had to take side jobs which left their schedules barely ever open to go on a date or spend time with eachother outside of work. Now with their new jobs at a place where they wouldn't have to worry about people of the past ruining it again, a job in paradise. 

Guy took advantage of the abnormal warmth of his partner and nuzzled into the crook of Nate's neck every, pressing a soft kiss to the exposed skin. Nate pressed a kiss to his forehead a smile on his face, it was just them, a moment just for them and all of their worries would be gone by tomorrow once they get on that plane. "You know I love you right?" Guy asked, Nate nodded. "You tend to say that a lot,"

"Just making sure you know," Guy said, Nate nodded and they stayed in silence for a while until Nate spoke up. "If you don't mind me asking was he... Always like that? Weird and always acting like that all the time?" Nate asked.

"I don't know, he was always weird like that but tomorrow," He yawned. "we won't have to deal with him ever again, it'll just be us, just in time for Christmas there," Guy reached for Nate's hand and held it in his.

"Together."

. . .

| Text |

Mr. Perfect:

where are you? I asked Blaze but he won't tell me anything? What did you tell him?!

You know if you keep avoiding me this won't make anything better.

I can see your reading this.

Mom left your house I bet your wondering where she is, she's back together with dad. I don't know how it happened but it did. your probably upset I know I am too. 

'It'd be bad for the business, imagine how bad some of backlash and articles would be if suddenly a huge company's owner got divorced with their wife? He had to avoid it, he doesn't love her and mom doesn't deserve him, I tried but yet again I failed, not that surprising anymore.'

It's been a while since we lasted talked. I think it was in November when we did? 

jeez, now it's the third week of November. It's been a long time hasn't it?

so what are you doing for Christmas, I might go visit mom and dad but I'm honestly thinking about not doing it. Though Aphmau invited me to a party she was having, she said I could bring someone if I wanted to. You wanna come out of your house for once and come with me to the party I'll drive and try not to annoy you if you come. 

If you don't come with me I'm bringing Laurence with me since I know how much you hate him especially in highschool.

I'm bringing Laurence with me then. 

Zane what the hell happened with you and Aaron?! He called me and he seemed sad or something like that.

Missed Call

why do you keep ignoring me?! do you hate me that much you won't even talk to me?!

I thought we were a family! Family doesn't do this to each other! Families talk out their problems, we need to do that Zane!

Missed Call

So is this it? It's over now isn't it? 

I fucked up I know that but ignoring me isn't going to help anything especially with how lost I am now. I don't even know what's going on anymore!

One minute I barely remember my childhood and the next I start remembering it even things I wish I didn't have to know about. 

I don't understand

is this why you hate me? because I couldn't remember anything and in the end you were right

you just wanna see me suffer don't you?

fine

be like that

I hope you're happy now

Read 11/23/2016

Zane shook his head and put his phone in his hoodie pocket, it was first of December. By now from everything he heard the two of the people that worked at the beach would have left by now, he didn't mind that though, they found somewhere better to work at unlike himself who was still stuck at that damn art shop, but he didn't really mind it though because he never went there, and if he did he was usually dragged along by Aaron. 

He sighed, he did mind not being friends with Aaron anymore, it was just so lonely now without his friend anymore. No one to talk to, he could talk to Ein but he never really listened that well at all and never made sure if he was alright. He wasn't sure if he was his friend but he told him he was so he trusted him, maybe he shouldn't have. 

Zane looked over through the window walls of the shop he worked at to the Lily's Vineyard the store across the one he was in and there he saw Laurence getting some flowers, specifically Sunflowers. Those were Garroth's favorite, he narrowed his eye's and glared at him, knowing him they were probably a 'thanks'  for Garroth eventually inviting him to Aphmau's party. He knew he probably changed but that still didn't make him hate him any less. 

He knew with Christmas coming and with Christmas came mistletoe and with mistletoe came romance and he hated romance, romance was pretty fucking stupid in his opinion along with love. He didn't want to wake up one day and hear that his brother and some he hated kissed under the mistletoe, he didn't understand why he cared for it when it was love that their family never had that destroyed it in the first place. 

Love messed up his mother, seeing her with tears staining her face apologizing on what a failure she was as a mother and how badly his father treated her in the first place ruined the entire concept of it for him. Zane loathed the feeling of being so dependent of someone like that yet he wanted that feeling at the same time, the feeling for someone to cherish being with him and to make him feel like he wasn't that much of a failure he thought he was but at the same time who's to say he won't fall into the same trap his mother did to?

So he settled to do everything in his life solo. But then Aaron came along and became someone who tried to help him, a friend, a protector, like how he wished his older brother would have cared for him like. Aaron was like family to him like the missing part he never had, that older brother he never really had, how he wished Garroth would have acted towards him but he never did. He wanted to be able to trust Garroth but he couldn't not after everything, he wanted to be able to trust him like he did with Aaron to be able to hang out with him and know he'd be safe since he cared.

But trust wasn't something he gave away, trust was something that was earned. 

Just like how some people earned love but he never did. 

And with the thought brought back up the pink-haired Meif'wa who took an interest in him, she was nice but he didn't care for her love he only cared on humoring her for those few moments they had, those few moments he could laugh. He missed those moments, he just wanted to be able to trust people, to laugh with them, to love, but that'd never happen to him. He'd never get his happy ever after like in all those books he was read as a child.

. . .

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro