4. 'Yes'

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Flashback)

As she was walking towardsthe door, Dev called her name "Sonakshi"

She turned around and Dev said "Thanks for coming" and smiled

Sonakshi nodded her head shyly and closed the door behind her as she walked away.

(Flashback Continues)

Dev: "Oh...waise ab aap mujhe aap kyon keh rahi hain?? Aap mujhe tum keh sakti hain..."

Sonakshi: "Theek hai.....par aap ko bhi mujhe tum kehna hoga. Done??

Dev: "Haan theek hai done... aur waise bhi ab hum friends hai na?? Right?" (forwarding his hand)

Sonakshi too shook hands with him and smilingly said "Right"

Dev: "Waise, kal sunday hai naa...toh aap I mean tum kya kar rahi ho??"

Sonakshi: "Kal?? Kal kuch khaas nahiin....kyon??"

Dev: "Toh fir kya tum mere saath chalogi bahar?? Poore din ke liye....like a friendly date??" he asked hopefully

Sonakshi thought for a while and said "Theek hai. Toh fir kal milte hain. Ab main chalti hun. Bye" and turned to go when she was interupted by Dev

"Sonakshi, apna phone number aur address toh de do...."

Sonakshi: "Haan woh main tumhe message kar dungi. Par tumhaara number mere paas...." but Dev was more than eager to exchange numbers and quickly noted down his mobile number on a chit and handed it over to her.

Sonakshi smiled and took it. "Toh ab main chalti hun. Bye" and went away

Dev too smiled back and replied "No need....ab batao kahaan khane chale?? Umm...what about Pani puri or tikki chaat??"

Sonakshi's eyes gleamed with joy and she said excitedly "Haan....wahi khaate hain...bohot tasty bhi hoga...!! Chowpatti beach ke paas ek stall hai...wahan mil sakta hai...Pata hai jab main choti thi naa tab ma aur main yahaan aaya karte the...par ab kaafi time se nahiin aaye" and drowned into her childhood memories.

Dev looked at her lovingly and then shifted his focus back to driving. After sometime, they reached the stall and had a good time feasting over pani puris and tikkis....
They even took a stroll on the beach side. Dev was continuously talking about his dreams, his expectations and desires and Sonakshi was a patient listener
Sonakshi was also dressed up in saree and was helping her mother in assembling the things.  The puja began at the auspicious moment as stated by the priest. That was the moment when Dev decided to enter. Everyone was surprised looking at him including Sonakshi.

She was busy glaring at him which Dev ignored and walked passed her. He went near Asha and bent down to touch her feet. Hesitatingly, she blessed him.

"Aunty. Lagta hai aapne mujhe pehchana nahiin. Main Dev hun. Sonakshi ka friend." said Dev

"Haan...haan Dev. Sona to bohot baar tumhaare baare mein baat karti hai. Maine kitni baar kaha usse ki tumhe ghar par bulaye...par usne humesha taal diya" complained Asha

"Koi baat nahiin Aunty. Usne mujhe nahiin bulaya. Main toh khud hi aa gaya" Dev said smilingly and his gaze met Sonakshi who was staring at him. But Dev was lost in her. She looked simply gorgeous in her lemon yellow saree and green blouse. He felt as if the beauty of the saree had increased as Sona was wearing it. His reverie was broken by Asha who said, "Yeh toh tumne bohot accha kiya. Aur tum kitne acche din par aaye ho. Aaj hamare ghar par puja bhi hai. Ruko, main tumhaare liye mithai (sweets) laati hun. Saying so, she went inside the kitchen.
"Koi bhi gaana accha nahiin hai. They are not able to provide me the same peace that Sonakshi's song did....SONAKSHI!! Uff....kya bana diya hai usne mujhe?? Ya toh humesha uske saath rehta hun ya fir uske baare mein sochta rehta hun.....I smile endlessly reading our chats or going through our pictures once again.....Kya hogaya hai mujhe??? I do have a minor crush on her, but is this just crush?? Or infatuation?? Or LOVE...??No...no..it can't be Love!! But why can't it be?? Aghh....I need to find this out

He tried to google "Symptoms of love" or "How do you know that you are in love??". After an hour of his extensive research and his own theory, he finally came to the conclusion that HE WAS IN LOVE!! IRREVOCABLY IN LOVE !! IN LOVE WITH SONAKSHI!!
She was surprised by the way her body reacted to Dev's touch during the dance. Something, that she wasn't aware of. Off late, she was getting attracted to Dev. Her day started thinking about him and ended the same way.

Sonakshi (in her mind): "Kya hogaya hai mujhe?? Kyon main Dev ke baare mein sochte rehti hun?? Why do I blush when he looks at me intently?? I have never felt this before....Is it Love?? Have I really fallen in love with Dev?? "

Every girl of her age dreamt of her 'Prince Charming' or 'Dream Boy', but Sonskshi never paid attention to these things. But now, if she thought about her soulmate, she couldn't think of anyone else other than Dev.

"Maybe I have fallen head over heels in love with him. Dev.....you have come like a bright light in my life.....its because of you that am experiencing the wonderful feeling of falling in love. But do you feel the same for me?? Or count me as just a friend?? I need to find this out before confessing my love to you" thought Sonakshi and drifted off to sleep.
"Aghh....why do you always have to go home?? I cant wait to get married to you. Phir toh tum humesha mere paas hi rahogi" he said dreamily.

"Abhi tak toh engagement bhi nahiin hui hai aur tum shaadi tak pahunch gaye?? Aasman se utro, zameen par aao aur mujhe ghar chodo" she said sarcastically
"Sona....tum theek ho??" he asked worriedly

"Haan Dev...main theek hun. Bass aaj thoda weakness lag rahi hai" she replied weekly

"Main doctor ko bulaun kya Sonakshi bhabhi??" Bunty asked

"Nahiin Bunty. Its not required. Am perfectly alright.

She somehow managed to convince both of them and resumed the practice.

However, after ten minutes, she again felt dizzy. She couldn't see things clearly and everthing seemed to be hazed. She could hear Dev calling out her name and was about to signal Bunty, but before she could even open her mouth, there was a blackout and she lost her consciousness.
"Yeh aap kya keh rahe Dr Kapoor?? How is this possible??" Dr Diwakar was aghast.

"I am sorry Dr Khanna...but the reports are positive" Dr Kapoor replied gloomily

"Lekin....lekin yeh kaise ho sakta hai?? Woh bacchi hai.... usne abhi tak apni life enjoy bhi nahiin ki...Itni pyaari bacchi!! Main....main Asha se kya kahunga??" he asked petrified

"Dr Khanna....main aapko samajh sakta hun. Par aap bhi ek doctor hain. Aap jaante hain ki ab kuch nahiin ho sakta" he replied

"Aap fir se ek baar test kar lijiye Dr Kapoor. Ho sakta hai ki lab mein kuch galti ho gayi ho!! I am sure ki Sonakshi ko yeh nahiin ho sakta" he pleaded

"Aap chahein toh mein phir se test kar leta hun. But am sorry Dr Diwakar, there is no mistake about this case" he said sadly
"Sir...aap itne pareshaan kyon lag rahe hain?? Sona ki blood ki reports kya hain?? Dr Kapoor kya keh rahe the?? Bataiye naa Sir...Sona ko kya hua hai??" She asked on the verge of tears

"Ahh...kuch nahiin...abhi woh phir se test karenge. Tum kyon itni pareshaan ho rahi ho??" He said trying to calm her down

But his assuring words did no good to her and she further asked, "Haan...lekin abhi ke reports kya hain?? Bataiye naa Sir...please"

"Asha...reports galat bhi toh ho sakti hain..." he replied turning his back towards her. He didn't have the courage to tell her the truth about her daughter's condition

"Lekin woh hain kya?? " Asha asked worriedly

"Asha...main kaise kahun...tum jaanti ho main Sonakshi se kitna pyaar karta hun...bilkul apni beti ki tarah....agar mere bas mein hota toh main uske liye apni jaan tak de deta.....lekin.....Aa...Asha...usse....usse...usse...

Diwakar got up and said, "Haan..haan...Main abhi aaya. Sonakshi, tum yahin baitho..jaana mat. Main tumhe khud ghar drop karunga (and turned towards the wardboy) madam ke liye fresh fruit juice le kar aao" and left his cabin.

Sonakshi sat there, not being able to decide as to how would she know about her condition. But one thing was true for sure. Her mother and Doctor Uncle were definitely hiding something from her.

Just then, the intercom in the cabin rang. Sonakshi looked here and there for some wardboy to come and pick the call, but there was no one. So, she herself decided to pick it.

She picked the receiver and heard a male voice speaking, "Hello....Dr Khanna...this is Dr Kapoor"

"Yes Dr Kapoor...boliye" it was Dr Diwakar on the other side. He had picked up the intercom which was located in the patient's room.

Hearing his voice, Sonakshi was about to put down the receiver but stopped in her tracks when she heard her name.

"Woh Sonakshi Bose ki reports ke baare mein baat karna tha aapse" spoke Dr Kapoor

"Yes..." he spoke nervously

"Am sorry Dr Khanna. The culture and biopsy reports are positive. Its a straight case of leukamia. BLOOD CANCER

Sonakshi's world stopped at that moment. She couldn't believe what she heard and her head started spinning. The receiver fell from her hands and she was shattered.
BACK TO PRESENT

"Dev...Devvv beta" Ramesh kaka, who was the household help in Dixit Mansion since Dev's birth yelled and Dev broke out from his chain of thoughts.

"Haan...haan boliye kaka. Sahi time par awaaz di aapne. Aage kuch sochne ki himmat nahiin thi mujhmein" he said hurriedly. "Arre kya bolun?? Kal raat ko khana bhi nahiin khaya tumne aur kapde bhi nahiin badle. Kal raat se kya balcony mein khade ho?" he asked worried

That was when Dev realised that it was early morning. He had indeed spent the entire night in the balcony, thinking of Sonakshi. He glanced at his watch which showed that it was seven-thirty and he needed to get ready for the office.

"Kaka...please ek cup chai le aaiye, Nahiin toh mujhe late ho jayega" he said politely

"Tum baat mat badlo. Pehle kaho ki raat ko khana kyun nahiin khaye?" Ramesh kaka was visibly upset. He had always loved Dev and after all the tragedies that he had to go through in life, he had become overprotective of him.

"Umm...woh..bass aise hi. Bhook nahiin thi kaka. Sorry. Ab aap please chai le aaiye" he requested.

"Theek hai. Aur nashte mein kya loge?? Kya banau??" He asked

"Kuch bhi nahiin kaka. Itna time nahiin hai. Main office mein breakfast kar lunga" he said as he went to freshen up.

DIXIT INDUSTRIES

Dev ordered his breakfast in the office and asked Bunty to join him too. "Arre yeh bhi koi puhcne ki baat hai?? Khaane ke liye toh tera dost ever ready hai mere bhai" Bunty spoke enthusiastically.

As they ate in silence, Bunty was getting restless. He finally decided to break the ice and ask Dev about what was there in his mind.

"Ab tu kuch bolega ki main kuch puchun??" "Matlab" Dev was clueless. Bunty shook his head and said, "Tune kuch decide kiya hai Sakshi jee ke baare mein??"

Dev took a deep sigh and replied, "Tu toh jaanta hai Bunty. Mujhe accha nahiin lagta kisi ko bhi apne ya fir apne life ke baare mein batate hue" "Lekin tu kab tak saari baatein aise mann mein dabaye rakhega? Agar tu sab kuch share karega toh tera mann bhi halka hoga aur tu ek dum healty rahega bilkul meri tarah" Bunty chided, making Dev smile. "Aur fir Sakshi jee ke aane se itne saalon baad maine tere chehre par khushi dekhi hai. Please biography ke liye haan bolde yaar" he requested

"Theek hai. Jaisa tu bole" Dev smiled faintly and gave up.

"Yayyy!!! Main abhi unhe phone karta hun" he jumped in excitement  and began running towards the phone, shocking Dev. "Bunty...kya kar raha hai tu?? Yeh office hai college nahiin" he stood up to control him.

"Arre bhai...acche kaam mein der nahiin karni chahiye. Isse pehle ki tu office ke kaam mein busy hojaye, bula le unhe" he said as he dialled the number.

As soon as the rings could be heard, he handed over the reciever to Dev. "Le..baat kar" Dev glared at him as he took over the reciever. He was all confused and annoyed with Bunty's kiddish behaviour.

"Hello...Mr Dixit??" Sakshi spoke on the other side.

"Yess Miss Sakshi. Maine aapse kaha tha ki I'll let you know. So....I have agreed for the biography" he said plainly.

"REALLY" Sakshi shouted joyously and entered Dev's cabin. Dev's eyes widened in shock seeing her.

Dev's POV- What???? Sakshi was already in the office?? Outside my cabin??? What on earth is haplening today?? First Bunty, and now Sakshi?? Sab ke sab aise kyon behave kar rahe hain???

"Okay okay...sorry sorry" Sakshi apologised and went back towards the door. She knocked, peeped inside and asked, "May I come in Sir??"

Goddd!! Too much of Drama today!! Dev rolled his eyes

"Ofcourse...please come in. Apna hi cabin samajhiye" Bunty replied even before Dev could speak.

"Thank you" she said energetically amd again entered the cabin

WTH??? Apna hi cabin samajhiye??? Has Bunty gone crazy?? Has he forgotten who is the boss??

"Aap surprised hogaye na mujhe dekhke Mr Dixit??" Sakshi asked, holding back her chukle, as he kept on gawking at her open mouthedly.

Hearing her, he composed himself and said, "Please sit Ms Sakshi"

"Thanks. Mujhe pata tha ki aap phone zaroor karenge isliye maine socha kyun na pehle se hi aapke office mein-" But was interrupted by Dev.

"Aap bohot optimistic hain Ms Sakshi!!" he  stated. "Jee, woh toh bachpan se hi" she replied proudly.

Dev smiled and asked, "What would you like to have Ms Sakshi?? Tea?? Coffee?"

"Please call me Sakshi, Mr Dixit and I dont drink tea. I prefer coffee" and smiled

"Main inke liye coffee bhijwata hun" Bunty said and hurried out of his cabin.

"Mr Dixit, we would need to meet many times regarding this biography and I know your busy schedule. So, we can meet in your office. Bass aap mujhe apne convinience ke hisaab se bata dijiyega. Main pahunch jaungi"

"Alright then. As you say Sakshi" Dev nodded in approval
Votes and Comments please...!!

This was a very quick update. Isn't it???

So now Dev has agreed for the biography. Will this pave way for a new friendship??

Precap- A Leap of few months. Sakshi insists on seeing Sonakshi's pic

Vote! Vote! Vote! So, that next chapter could be updated soon

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro