Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Nova, the recent song you wrote for Camden Moon is blowing up! You two really make a good team." Flora tells her, setting her phone down and raising her eyebrows. "So? Any sparks?" 

"Ha, ha. We are just good friends." 

"I don't believe it. You are both attractive. Two attractive people can't be just friends." 

"You and I are just friends." 

"That's because you haven't realized your undying love for me yet." Flora winked at her and Nova laughed it off. "Have you started applying to colleges?" 

"Yeah, a few. Not really set on one particular school. You?"

She scoffed, "No," Before Nova could give her the whole speech about how important education is, Flora spoke first, "What are you going to do about Camden once you go off to college? If he needs new songs or is touring...are you going to let him experience all of that without you? You are his songwriter. I think that grants you some privileges of fame without the negativity." 

"I was hoping by the time we graduate, he won't need me to write songs for him anymore. Maybe he will learn something by working with me." Nova took a sip of her soda, knowing that her friend was waiting for answers to the other questions she asked. She didn't really think about it before. "Maybe I would like to tour with him. Not the entire thing. I don't think I could stand him that long. But one or two states would be nice." 

"Who is managing all of that anyway? Your dad?" 

"Um, I don't think so. There is usually a separate person that deals with locations and times of touring and--"

"I could do it!" She shouts, pointing to herself. 

"Huh? What do you know about putting together a tour?" 

"I know that it requires bargaining and manipulating people--I mean, convincing people to open up spots for our star."

"Now Camden is our star? I don't know Flo. You'd really have to talk to Cam about all of this." 

"Cam? Since when do you call him Cam?" 

Since his arm was wrapped around my waist and he was pulling me closer to him in his sleep. Was that an unconscious action or was he aware that it was me? Did he want me to be that close to him? 

"Nova," Flora waves a hand in her face, "Daydreaming about Cam?" She bats her eyes, obviously mocking her.

"What?" Nova's face starts to turn red, "N-no." She stands up, going to grab the keys, "Let's go ask him what he thinks about you being his manager." 

"Sure it isn't just so you can get a kiss from him?" Flora makes a kissy face, pretending to make out with the air. Nova grabs a pillow off the couch and throws it at her. 

"Knock it off." 

Flora chuckles, following her best friend out the door, knowing that she is completely in denial. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro