Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nova walks up the stairs and knocks on the door, "I was thinking about your names on the car ride here." 

"Whose names?" Nova asks her best friend, knowing she will probably regret the answer. 

"Yours and Camden's," Flora teases, poking her arm, holding back a smile. "I mean, think about it. You're a Starr, Camden's a Moon. It's a perfect match." 

"Can you stop?" Nova nearly groans, trying to keep her voice hushed, "We are just friends." 

"You can't escape what the fates have planned." Flo partially sings the last word, trying to keep it playful when Nova is annoyed. 

The door opens, surprising Nova with Camden on the other side. "Oh. I was expecting your mother. Flora has something she'd like to ask you. Can we come in?" 

"Sure." He moves out of the way, allowing more space to walk through, "My mom is out. That's why it took a little longer for me to open the door." Camden shuts it, shrugging his shoulders. "So, what's up?" 

Nova turns to Flora, a soft smile on her lips as she waits for her to pitch herself as Camden's manager. She watches as her best friend opens her mouth, but no sound comes out. She almost wants to let this continue for the way she was teased all day. Almost. 

Nova lets out a breath, turning toward Camden and he gives his full attention, "Flora was wondering if you would consider her for your tour manager. Ya know, considering you may not be a one-hit-wonder after all." She attempts to chuckle but stops when she notices his facial expression change. 

His eyes grow as his mind latches onto a single word, "One-hit-wonder?" There is a brief silence, and he can't pinpoint why that word stung. He wants to laugh it off, but he needs to know what she really thinks of him. "I thought we were in this because you believed in me. Are you saying that you don't think I could make it that far?" 

Flora did not take her eyes off him, watching as he takes a small step toward Nova, his eyes pleading for her to tell him that she believes in him. Believes in them. Realization hits Flora as her lips turn up and form a smile that she tries to hide. 

"Of course, I believe in you. Music is a competitive industry. You aren't out of the woods yet, Cam." His heart warms knowing that she feels comfortable enough to give him a nickname after two weeks, "There is still a lot of work to be done." Flora notices that he reaches for her hand, but hesitates as if remembering that they were not alone. He lifts that same hand and runs it through his hair. 

Nice save, Flora thought, stifling a laugh. 

"We can do that work together. We are still a team, right?" Nova nods and he fights the smile that ultimately wins in the end. "So...Flora being my tour manager, was it?" He uses his eyes to look at her friend, but his body is still turned toward Nova. 

"Or manager in general. Obviously, I have no references, but you'd be amazed what I can learn overnight and--" Flora speaks so fast that he can hardly make out the words. 

Camden laughs at her, moving away from Nova and toward Flora, holding his hand out, "Welcome to the team." She lifts her hand to shake his. 

"Really?" She thought she was going to have to sell herself more than this. He hardly knows her. 

"Nova trusts you. And I wouldn't even have the opportunity to continue a music career if she didn't agree to help me. So, I trust you too." Camden takes a step back, walking over to sit down on the couch. 

Flora uses her eyes to talk to her best friend, raising her eyebrows to scream, "He has a thing for you". Nova does the same, but hers were filled with excitement that they will be working together. 

"Do you think your dad will be upset that I hired a 17-year-old as my manager?" Camden turns to ask, remote loose in his hand as his arm leans against the cushion. 

"I don't...think so." She pauses, slowly focusing her attention back on her best friend instead of Cam, which causes him to have questions. "My dad knows Flora, so it shouldn't be an issue. But also...my dad knows Flora." He raises an eyebrow, looking at her friend that he was supposed to have put his trust in a minute ago. 

"Hey!" Flora takes a step back, trying to act hurt, but then shrugs her shoulders, "It's probably true. I'll just have to prove myself." She faces Camden, smiling big, and he gives a nervous smile back while his eyes dart to Nova. 

"Well, let's not bother him anymore. He is probably busy." Nova grabs Flora's arm, trying to force her to walk toward the door too. 

"I'm not actually. I'm avoiding my homework." Camden turned on the T.V. 

"Avoiding it?" 

"Yeah, if I can't see it then it doesn't exist. I was gonna watch the new horror film instead." 

"Oh my god! Are you talking about Demon Slayer?" Flora sat next to him on the couch, and Nova felt a weight wash over her, trying to think of any excuse to leave. 

"Yeah. Do you guys wanna watch it?" He asks both of them but leans over to look at Nova who is standing close to the door. "Or do you have to leave?" 

"No." Flora spoke quickly, "She doesn't have to leave. Besides, won't it be better for your songs if you two understood each other's common interests?" She asks the last question toward her friend, her head tilted. 

Nova wants to curse her out, knowing exactly what she is trying to do, but instead, she nods and walks away from the door. Flora scoots to the end, allowing Nova to sit in the middle between Camden and herself. 

Cam starts the movie, unintentionally leaning back and closer to Nova. She shuffles a little, allowing almost no space between her and her friend, subtly pinching Flora's side and glaring at her. She smiles in response and mouths the words "You're welcome" before turning her attention back to the movie. 

AUTHOR NOTE:

sorry for the late updates. I have another story called c.g. that could kill time between these updates. 

no pressure though. just informing haha. 

any thoughts on the growing relationship between Camden and Nova? 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro