45 ❥ BAD NEWS

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Summer vacation starts in July. It's just two months away, but don't think that means you can slack off now." Aizawa said to the class.

Naturally, Shiina stopped listening after hearing 'summer vacation'. At this point, she was already daydreaming about the fun things she'd be doing during it.

I can go shopping, visit other places, go to an island, buy my own island—

Her beautiful daydream was shattered when Aizawa said the next words, "During summer vacation, we'll have a training camp in the woods."

"WHAT?!" Shiina blurted out, jaw dropping incredulously at him.

Aizawa merely sighed at her. "Something wrong, Kiberi?"

"Uh, duh!" She exclaimed. "What about our actual vacation? Are we seriously going to be doing work during our break?!"

One break, I just want one break where all I have to do is relax! She internally screamed. Is that really too much to ask for?! Damn you, UA!

"No," he answered, mentally adding And thank god for that. "Our vacation lasts from July 20th to August 31st, that's six weeks. During the last two weeks, we'll be at the training camp so you'll all have the first four weeks to do whatever you want."

There were sighs of relief all around the room.

"Woohoo!" Mina cheered. "A training camp! That'll be so much fun! Let's test our courage!"

"Baths!" Mineta exclaimed.

"Fireworks," Tsuyu smiled.

"Open-air baths!" Mineta drooled.

"Curry." Iida said.

"Hot springs!" Mineta shouted.

"You don't seem that excited, Shiina-chan," Midoriya pointed out with a chuckle.

"I hate camping," she pouted to herself. "I hope he doesn't expect us to sleep in tents and whatnot. And I don't like the sound of 'training' either."

For the love of god, I deserve a fucking break. She moped to herself.

"The training camp sounds like it'll be fun though!" Midoriya said brightly. "We'll be surrounded by nature—"

"—Ew."

"And all our classmates will be there too!"

"Double ew."

Midoriya sweat dropped, running out of things to say to make her happy. "And, um, Shouto—"

Turns out that was all he needed to say. At the very mention of her brother's name, her exterior immediately lit up. "Sho-chan's gonna be there too! Ooooh, he's never been camping before, this'll be so much fun!"

What a quick switch in judgement, Midoriya marveled.

"However!" Aizawa said loudly, scaring everyone to silence when he activated his Quirk. "Those who do not pass the final exam before that... will be in summer school hell."

Fuck. She thought, grimacing.

"You'll have two tests," he began as everyone listened intently. "The first one is the written exam. And then the practical. I won't give you any details on that one, but they both start at the beginning of July so you have all of June to study and prepare for them. I suggest you start now."

Shiina crinkled her nose at the thought of studying. God did she hate school. She couldn't wait for summer vacation to start already.

Once Aizawa was finished with all of his announcements, he ordered them to switch into their PE uniforms and meet up outside the field as usual. It was yet another sparring day, which Shiina quite liked because it was always fun to vent out her stress and frustration on her poor innocent classmates.

Today's unfortunate soul was Kirishima, who was grinning ear to ear when he realized who he was sparring with.

"Don't hold back okay?" He said eagerly. "And I won't hold back on you!"

Shiina shrugged. You're funeral dude. "Okay."

They heard the shrill sound of Aizawa's whistle and everyone immediately began fighting against their respective partners. Shiina barely waited to give Kirishima enough time to activate his Quirk before she lunged at him with her claws out.

The red metal of her gauntlets clanged loudly against his hardened skin, but she pressed onward, determined to break through the rock-like material. He shoved her away and made a quick jab at her stomach. She raised her front leg and kicked him back, only to wince since it felt more like kicking a brick wall rather than a human.

With every slash she made at him, she could feel his exterior every so slowly chip away, but she was growing impatient. Aizawa only gave them ten minutes to spar before switching partners, and she wanted to win this one before the time was up.

Growling out in frustration, she grabbed the back of his head and yanked him down, her knee bashing harshly against the front of his throat. She heard a gagging sound before she kicked him away, slashing madly at him once more. At this point, their uniforms were tatters but Kirishima's was worse. Poor kid didn't even have a shirt anymore.

"HAH!" Kirishima yelled out, thrusting his pointed hand at her face. She was too slow to dodge and felt him cut the side of her cheek.

"My face!" She gasped in pure horror. "Oh I am SO going to kill you for that!"

"Y-you can get it fixed—Whoa!" He ducked down to avoid her mad swipe.

Being the look-obsessed person she was, she was quick to grow enraged whenever something as precious as her face was harmed. Of course, it was a small cut that could easily be healed by Ken, but she completely forgot about that at the moment.

She threw quick attacks at him, so fast that Kirishima had to walk backwards while keeping his arms up to cover his face. She learned from Bakugou that the easiest way to get rid of Kirishima's Quirk was to wear him down and that was exactly what she was planning to do.

So far, it was working. Her last swipe managed to draw blood. Eyes lighting up with victory, she grappled with Kirishima and took him down at last.

"I win!" She cheered, jumping to her feet with joy.

Kirishima laid on the ground, groaning and nursing a bruised nose and cut up arms. "Nice work..." He said in agony.

Aizawa walked over to them and sighed once he surveyed the damage done. "Kiberi, as the winner, you get to lug him all the way to the infirmary."

"Aw fine," she grumbled.

"I-I can do it myself..." Kirishima trailed off.

"Nah, it's okay. I'll help you." She said, bending low to heave him up. He wasn't so beaten that he couldn't walk, but he was bleeding all over and appeared to be dizzy from being thrown to the ground. She patted his shoulder and directed him away from the field. "Let's go, dude."

The walk was quiet, and as they entered the school building Shiina stole a glance at him and saw the defeated expression on his face.

"...It was a good fight." She said after a while.

"You don't have to say that," he told her.

"But it's true. It was a good fight. Your Quirk was a bitch to deal with." She complimented.

"You could've easily beat me if you brought out Tullia. You were taking it easy on me when I said not to." He pointed out, growing more and more defeated.

"It won't be much of a fight if I use Tullia a lot," she said. "If I had her out, I could've just put everyone to sleep and ditched school. Or I could've brainwashed everyone to kill each other and just stood back to enjoy the show. I won't be getting much stronger if I just did that, now would I? I used my gauntlets only because I knew fighting you would be tough with them."

He let out a heavy sigh and smiled weakly at her, "I'm actually really jealous of you, Kiberi-chan."

She gave him a confused look. "Because... I'm hot? I mean, you're hot too—"

"—No, no, no, not like that," he interrupted hastily, his cheeks flushing. "I mean, like, strength-wise. I, um, really look up to you."

Her eyes widened in pure bewilderment. "Dude why? Did you see me during the warm ups? I couldn't even do push ups right so Aizawa had to step on me!"

He winced at the memory. "Okay, okay, I didn't mean 'strong' like push-ups 'strong'. I mean like... mentally. And, um, sort of physically too. I-I-I just think you're great, okay?"

She was gaping at him. "But... why?"

"Well..." He was beginning to grow even redder. He avoided her eyes and scratched the back of his head as he explained, "I don't mean to bring up bad memories, but... but remember when you... er..." He made a slicing motion at his neck and she seemed to realize what he was talking about.

"Oh, when I died?"

"Yeah," he cleared his throat. "After that, you came back to school like it was nothing. You even participated in the Sports Festival and got pretty far too... And then that mass-attack on Tokyo happened and everyone knew you lived there, yet when you came back, you seemed perfectly fine. A-and you also beat Bakugou! And he's, like, a super strong dude too!"

Shiina was already beet red by the end of his rant. She never realized that Kirishima had somewhat been observing and admiring her, she barely even socialized with him.

"I just want to be more like you," he said timidly. "Strong, like nothing could ever bring me down. But it's hard because I'm not really that confident in my Quirk. It's not flashy like yours."

"A Quirk's flashiness doesn't matter," she said quickly, giving him a stern look. "Look at Aizawa sensei. His Quirk erases other Quirks and makes his eyes turn red for a few seconds. Not exactly flashy, is it? Yet he can still kick our class's asses with or without it. It's the person that matters, not the Quirk. You're a good fighter and you can use your Quirk well, so be more confident in yourself."

Kirishima's eyes were literally shining as he awed at her. "Damn, you're the manliest person I know, Kiberi-chan!"

"Thanks." She said dryly.

"You think you can give me more advise? Maybe like training tips? How'd you get to be so strong?" He asked, gazing at her all wide-eyed and puppy-like. It was adorable.

She thought hard about what she had done. She didn't really do any actual training outside of the Metaverse...

"Um, just fight people every day." She advised.

"Of course! That's genius!" He exclaimed. "After school I'm gonna ask Bakugou to fight me!"

I might have made a mistake...

"I did it, can you believe it?! I passed the drug test and the interview!" Kaminari gushed, barging into Ken, Shiina, and Shouto's peaceful lunch time. "I am now officially a Sweetie!" He stated proudly, showing her his phone screen that showed a notification from Rena confirming his acceptance.

"That's great. Now leave." Shouto said flatly. His ear was victim to Kaminari's excited shouting.

"Aw don't be like that, Todoroki!" The blonde beamed, clapping him on the shoulder. "Say, are you working there too? I wouldn't be surprised considering how close you and Kiberi-chan are..." He trailed off.

"My relationship with her is none of your business." He replied tensely.

Meanwhile, Ken and Shiina facepalmed. Shouto was being so obvious right now.

Kaminari gulped fearfully before turning to Ken. "How about you, Amada? You working at Sweetie's too?"

"Nope and I definitely won't," Ken shook his head, snickering at Shiina's offended expression. "Especially not when Shiina and Kitagawa-san are there. I don't think I can deal with their chaos."

"We haven't even done anything!" She argued.

"Wait, you know the really hot blue haired dude?" Kaminari gaped.

"Yeah."

Kaminari looked at Shouto. "Do you know him?"

He nodded.

Kaminari looked down as if to reevaluate his life so far. "Do all the pretty people know each other...?" He whispered to himself.

"Yes," the three answered in unison.

His shoulders drooped dejectedly.

"Don't worry Kami," Shiina said in what she thought was a comforting voice. It sounded more patronizing than anything. It didn't help that she had her trademark shit-eating grin on her face. "You'll be as pretty as us one day. With some plastic surgery. Maybe."

Ken rolled his eyes. "I think you look great." He told the miserable blonde.

"His tie is on wrong." Shouto stated bluntly, ruining any chances of recovery.

Shiina snickered. "Okay, okay, let's stop bashing the poor guy—"

Ken looked at her incredulously. "—You were the one who started!"

She waved him off. "Anyways, we'll be starting work tomorrow, so are you ready?"

"I mean, it's just dish washing," Kaminari shrugged. "Do I at least get an employee discount?"

"That, and free ice cream cakes when it's nearing its expiration date."

He lit up.

Kaminari was still buzzing with anticipation a few hours later when classes finally ended. Since there was a meeting at Leblanc (she wasn't calling it a Phantom Thief meeting anymore because they were officially retired), she parted ways with Ken only for Shouto to join her. He offered no explanation for it though but she didn't mind at all.

"So what did you and Akira do yesterday?" She asked curiously.

"Just the usual," he replied. "We shot at posters and cardboard cutouts of Endeavor. He said I was doing better with a gun, and then he tried to teach me how to throw knives."

Completely disregarding the fact that her brother was being taught how to handle dangerous weapons, she whipped her head towards him and hissed, "Wait, do you guys have some sort of secret hideout for target practice?! And the targets are all of him?!"

"Yes."

"He never took me there!" She cried out enviously.

He gave her a stern look. "It's located in an abandoned underbridge where nobody goes. I wouldn't want him to take you there."

She was still pouting anyways. "So not fair..."

"I'll take you there if you really want to."

She perked up. "And can we bring Akira too?"

He pursed his lips, seemingly uncomfortable all of a sudden. His heterochromatic eyes avoided hers as he replied, "Maybe."

They finally reached Leblanc, where they were the last two people to arrive.

"Oh, hey Sho-chan, you're here too?" Ryuji greeted them.

Shouto shot him a cold look. "Don't call me that."

"So what were you guys talking about before we got here? And where's Boss?" Shiina asked before plopping down beside Futaba as Shouto begrudgingly sat between Ryuji and Akira.

"Boss went grocery shopping," Ann answered. "And Akira was just about to explain to us how he managed to not get arrested for being a Phantom Thief."

"Oh yeah, I forgot you let yourself get caught..." Shiina muttered.

"I don't really know, to be honest," Akira said sheepishly, jutting a thumb towards Akechi. "He did all the work."

Everyone turned to Akechi, who was smiling oh-so-innocently. "Well let's just say all the evidence they had against him magically... vanished."

Makoto's jaw dropped. "You—you destroyed the evidence?"

"No, it just magically disappeared." He smiled.

"How did you do it?" Yusuke asked curiously.

"The department's so corrupt that it wasn't even that hard," Akechi said casually, as if he was discussing simple dinner plans. "I just walked in and deleted all the files, stole the evidence, and burned them later on. Sae-san wiped out all the footage too."

Makoto's jaw dropped even further after hearing. "My sister helped out too?!"

"How kind of her!" Haru beamed.

Shouto stared out into the unknown. This whole group was chaotic. But then again, they faked their leaders death so he honestly shouldn't be so surprised anymore.

"Now that we have that cleared out," Morgana began, sending Akira a pointed look as if to say 'get on with it!'.

Akira let out an audible gulp, his previous happy demeanor now gone. Everyone slowly quieted down, realizing that whatever he wanted to say was serious.

"There's no easy way for me to say this, but..." He said quietly. "Now that my probation's gone, I have to go back home."

Everyone froze. It took a while for his words to register in Shiina's head, but once they finally did, a look of shock was etched across her face.

After everything... he was leaving?

"Do you... have to go home?" She found herself asking hopelessly before she could control herself.

He gave her a weak smile in return. "I can't exactly stay here. My parents are expecting me back."

As dumb as it sounded, she completely forgot that he even had parents. You couldn't blame her though, since Akira never spoke of them even once. Or at least, not that she could remember.

I wonder what his relationship with them is... She thought. Was it a good one before this whole Shido mess happened?

Shouto scanned her face quietly, mildly surprised to see not an inch of devastation on her expression. But Shiina was always good at hiding things (he learned that the hard way). He knew deep down that the news was crushing her, as it was with the other Thieves.

"Can't you stay here?" Ryuji pleaded. "Sure you're no longer guilty, but people're still gonna label you there, aren't they? Ain't it just gonna be uncomfortable goin' back?"

"...Yes." He admitted. "My hometown's pretty small. Word spread everywhere when I was arrested and... Well, I doubt I'll be welcomed back with open arms. You know how small towns work."

"So stay here!" Shiina begged. "I'm sure Sojiro doesn't mind! And if he does, then you can always stay with me and my other roommates! We, uh, have a thing for picking up strays..." It was then that she realized that she had completely forgotten to tell them about Minato. And Hawks.

Oops... She thought, mentally wincing. I'll tell them later.

"I want to stay here, trust me, but I can't..." Akira told them sadly, but the gears in his head were whirring. Unless I can somehow persuade my parents to let me stay... No, I have to.

Morgana then cleared his throat. It was still weird for Shouto to be able to understand a cat talk. "I know this is sudden, but I've decided to go with Akira."

Lucky you, Shiina grumbled in her head, wishing that she was a cat that Akira could take home any day.

"He's pretty special after all," he continued. "If I stay by him, I might be able to figure out how I can become human too. Plus, we need someone there in case he turns back into a delinquent!"

"I've never been a delinquent." Akira scoffed playfully.

"I-I'm sorry, hold on," Akechi stammered, blinking in confusion at the cat. "You can turn human?"

"Yes, get with the program already!" Ryuji rolled his eyes.

"I was previously human," Morgana explained. "Or at least I think I was... Anyways, I thought it was pretty obvious."

"How was it supposed to be obvious?" Shouto demanded, on Akechi's side for once.

"Well... he can talk, for once." Shiina said awkwardly.

"I thought that was just some... cognition thing." Shouto said, slightly frustrated. He sighed in defeat. Everything centered around this group was so confusing. It was just one question after another...

"When're you expected to return?" Haru asked.

"As soon as possible," he sighed. "So Saturday, right after school."

"How about we take you there?" Ann exclaimed. "That way we can give you a proper goodbye and see the town where our leader lives!"

"Oh, and we have to have a farewell party too! For you and Mona!" Futaba chimed.

"Yes, we shall celebrate... on Sunday, right before we leave. How does that sound, everyone? We can stay for two days." Yusuke suggested.

"I'm all up for it!" Shiina grinned. "Any place we can stay that you recommend, Akira?"

"There's the Amagi Inn," he said automatically.

"I've heard of that place in the news!" Futaba exclaimed. "It's popular with the tourists, isn't it?

"Didn't someone die there though?" Shouto emphasized the word 'die' while sending Shiina a pointed look as if to say 'you can't go there'.

"Yamano Mayumi," Akechi stated, knowing what he was talking about. "Yes, she was the mistress of a politician, Namatame Taro, I believe. The killer, Adachi Tohru, has already been arrested, though how he managed to kill all those people were questionable. I can't quite remember what he explained it though..."

"Sounds like the perfect place to stay for awhile!" Ryuji grinned.

A town famous for a serial killings, Shouto thought blandly, suppressing the urge to facepalm. Of course they would willingly go there...

"I'll make the reservations right away!" Haru beamed, eagerly whipping out her phone to get to work. "We're all able to go, correct? No work will get in the way?" She looked expectantly at the rest, who shook their heads.

"Sho-chan, you're coming with us too, right?" Shiina gave him the puppy-dog eyes.

"No," he shot her down immediately. "I have to study and prepare for our exams. And—"

"—Exams?!" She interrupted in a shrilly voice. "How could you be thinking about exams now? They won't happen until next month!"

"I actually want to do good in school." He deadpanned.

Shiina flinched back, as if she had been shot in the face. She placed a hand over her heart. "H-how can you be my twin...?"

"Also," he continued on. "I don't want to intrude in your final goodbyes. I feel that this is something you all should do together as a team. I will just be an outsider."

"You don't wanna give me a proper goodbye before I leave your life for good?" Akira said, giving him a deeply wounded look.

Shouto remained unfazed. "Goodbye."

"Ouch..." Morgana and Ryuji muttered in unison.

After that meeting, they finally left to go to their respective homes once Haru confirmed their reservation. Much to their joy, they each had a room for themselves.

On the walk to the subway, Shouto was growing increasingly concerned. Beside him, his sister was scrolling through her phone as if there was nothing wrong in the world. She had yet to show how upset she was other than the time Akira let the news of his departure out.

Either she was a better actress than he expected... or she truly was okay with everything.

"Shiina..." He began warily. "Are you sure you're alright?"

She looked away from her phone and gave him a bright smile. "Never better, Sho-chan!"

12: 33 AM

Shiina burst through the doors of Crossroads. "Gimme the strongest drink you have, Lala, 'cause I'm fucking miserable!"

Lala gave her a sympathetic look. "I guess Akira-kun told you, huh?"

"That four-eyed bitch, how could he?!" She cried out in pure betrayal, collapsing on a stool beside some short haired woman.

"You poor thing... Unfortunately, you're a minor so I can't exactly give you any alcohol." Lala stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Not even if I bribe you?" She pouted.

"Nothing will deter me," Lala confirmed. "Anyways, I have some things to restock, so while I'm doing that, you pick whichever non-alcoholic you want and I'll give it to you on the house." After that, she walked away.

"She's always been a stickler for the rules," the woman next to her commented before sliding her untouched drink towards her. "Here, you look like you need this more than me. I haven't drank from it yet."

"You're so generous," Shiina complimented before taking a few gulps.

The woman eyed her up and down with a knowing grin. "You wouldn't happen to be Kiberi Shiina, would you?"

"Yep that's me." She replied, struggling to contain herself. Whatever drink she was given was strong as hell...

"I'm Ohya, one of the kid's confidants. He likes to talk about you a lot." She said teasingly.

Shiina immediately recognized the name as the one person Akira absolutely didn't want her to meet. "...Tell me all his secrets."

"With pleasure," the older woman purred.

By the time Lala returned, Shiina was already shitfaced and Ohya was having the time of her life spilling all of Akira's secrets.

"There was—there was this one time," Ohya struggled to say between laughs. "Where I asked him what you looked like and he totally got a boner while describing you! Hah! What a friggin' virgin!"

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," Shiina bounced up and down in her seat, completely red in the face. "Did he tell you about the time we were at Shujin's festival? There was this haunted house and he ripped off this girl's mask 'cause his dumb ass thought she was a Shadow or some shit," she snorted. "I got the video of him getting yelled at."

"Oooh, you have to send it to me!" Ohya hiccuped. Somehow she had managed to hop over the counter to grab a whole bottle of Vodka and was drowning it.

"Oh goodness..." Lala whispered to herself, watching the disaster unfold. They were both drunk.

"Gimme your number!" Shiina demanded, fumbling with her phone. They exchanged numbers, and Lala knew that the worst had yet to begin. Shiina reached out to take yet another victorious sip from her glass only to realize that it was empty. "Aw, man..."

"Here," Ohya handed her the Vodka bottle. "We can share this."

"You're so fucking sweet," Shiina giggled like a blushing maiden, taking some hearty gulps from the bottle.

Ohya let out a squeal. "EEEEEK~ An indirect kiss with Shiina-chan! Haha! Akira's gonna be soooo jealous!"

"Serves him right for leaving!" Shiina shouted... before going teary eyed. She sniffled loudly as tears started to spill from her eyes. "I can't believe he's leaving meeeee! That piece of shit!"

"Love's a bitch, ain't it?" Ohya frowned.

"The biggest bitch of them all..." Shiina agreed.

The older woman suddenly gasped. "OOOOOH! You just admitted to loving him!"

If it was possible, she turned even redder. "'Course! He's, like, one o' my coolest friends!"

Lala winced, feeling bad for the poor guy. Even when drunk, she was friendzoning him.

"Nooo, don't say that!" Ohya whined, stomping her foot. "He LOVES you! Why can't the two of you just FUCK already?!"

"'Cause nii-chan would freeze his balls off, duh!" Shiina took another gulp of the Vodka. "I don't want him to be dickless 'cause... 'cause..."

"'Cause you wanna hop on that dick, doncha?" Ohya grinned lecherously.

"Uh... um..." Shiina's skin was beginning to burn from the inside. Her hands inched up to her shirt, wanting to rip it off of her in order to feel some cool air. "It's hot here...!" She whined to herself.

"Take it all off, babe!" Ohya hooted, catching the attention of the other bar goers.

Lala's eyes widened when Shiina began to lift her shirt up. "No! Shiina, dear hold on! I'll turn on the AC, don't take off your clothes!" After she said that, disappointed sighs echoed throughout the room.

"Hurry up, 'cause I'm hot...!" She complained.

"You sure are," Ohya slurred.

"You're in so much trouble for this," Lala grumbled to Ohya. "Getting a minor drunk... That's a new low for you, missy." Just as she began to head towards the AC, she heard the vibration of a phone. She spotted Shiina's phone buzzing away on the table, left ignored as the owner gossiped away with Ohya.

'Aki', the caller ID said. Followed by the picture of Shiina smiling with a white haired young man, whose cheeks she was squishing for the camera. He didn't seem too bothered by it though. Without a second's hesitation, she took the phone and accepted the call.

"Shiina, where are you? It's passed midnight already!" A man's voice exclaimed, sounding somewhat worried and irked at the same time.

"Aki-kun?" Lala spoke. "My name's Lala and I'm the owner of the Crossroads Bar in downtown Shinjuku. I have Shiina here with me and she's... well she's drunk."

"She's what?!" Came the incredulous voice. "Oh my... I'm not even surprised. Thank you for informing me, I'll come pick her up as fast as I can."

"Do hurry. It seems that she's a stripper drunk."

"Oh god." He moaned.

Surprisingly enough, Akihiko made it to the bar in less than half an hour. He wore a half amused and half done expression when he stepped in and saw Shiina giggling maniacally at something Ohya had said.

"Okay, that's enough drinking for you," he sighed, gently pulling her off the stool. But she gripped hard on the counter, adamant to stay.

"Nooooo, Aki, I don't wanna go! Ohya-chan's so cool, don' make me leave her! I'm not like stupid 'Kira!"

He rose a brow. "If you don't come with me right now, I'm gonna tell your siblings that you've been drinking."

Even while drunk she knew the consequences of that happening. Paling rapidly, she practically threw herself off the stool.

Smiling in victory, he thanked Lala for watching over her and even gave her a generous tip as a bonus. They stepped out into the cool night's air, Shiina's urge to strip now gone thanks to the nice breeze blowing at her.

"Can't believe you went drinking on a school night," Akihiko muttered as he proceeded to drag her to where his car was parked.

"I was saaaaad," she said, looking ready to cry yet again.

"Sad about what?" He asked curiously. He knew what a mess she was, but he never expected her to get shitfaced because she was sad.

"...Akira's leaving," she told him, with so much emotion in her voice that she had been trying to hid ever since she heard the news. "He's... going home now."

"And you miss him already..." Akihiko trailed off, now feeling bad for her. He knew what it was like to miss someone and to yearn for them.

"I don't... wan' him to leave," she admitted quietly. "He made me happy when dad was awful to me... I don't want him to go..." She choked on the last word, tears spilling from her eyes.

Akihiko paused for a second, realizing that she had called Endeavor 'dad'. But that wasn't important right now. Shiina was truly devastated about Akira going home and she decided that the only way to cope with it was to drink. Worried about this becoming a habit, he opened his mouth to placate her only for a man to step in their way.

"Give me your fuckin' car keys—"

"—I was having a MOMENT asshole!" Shiina snarled, her previous sad demeanor now replaced with pure rage. She reached out to grab the top of the man's head and violently bashed it against her knee before throwing him to the ground where she then proceeded to stomp all over his crotch.

"...Damn." Akihiko muttered under his breath, unbelievably impressed and slightly turned on and scared.

Just then, another figure came dashing towards them only to freeze at the sight. Akihiko had never seen the scruffy looking man before, but he seemed to recognize Shiina.

"Kiberi?" The man mumbled, his eyes narrowing. "I'm sure you know that Quirk usage is illegal outside of school."

"I wasn't using my Quirk," she slurred snappishly, rolling her eyes and sneering at him. "I don't need one to kick a bitch's ass."

The man's eyes narrowed even more. "Are you drunk?" He demanded.

"I'm sorry, who are you exactly?" Akihiko cut in, completely lost.

"Eraserhead," he grunted. "I'm the brat's homeroom teacher. And I was also in charge of capturing this villain when she stepped in and knocked him out for me."

Her teacher? Oh shit... Akihiko wondered if he should risk bribing the guy to forget about the whole drunk ordeal, but that might not end well.

"Now it's your turn," Aizawa said, eyes zeroing in on Akihiko. "Who are you and why are you with my drunk student."

"I didn't get her drunk," the younger man calmly explained. "She got drunk on her own. I just came to pick her up when the owner answered the phone instead of her."

"What bar was it?" He asked.

Akihiko pursed his lips. He really didn't want to get Lala in trouble. She seemed like a decent person after all and it wasn't even her fault Shiina got drunk. "I'd rather not say."

Aizawa snorted, but seemed to accept the answer. "Your name, then?"

"Sanada," he replied, and that was all he was willing to give him.

"Well Sanada," Aizawa said dryly. "Where exactly were you taking her?"

"Back home." He answered smoothly. Her real home though, not that hellhole with Endeavor.

"Right," the tone he used implied that Aizawa didn't believe him in the slightest, but Akihiko couldn't really blame him. His answers were vague at best, and the whole scenario did look suspicious. However, a part of him was glad that there was an adult close to Shiina who actually seemed to give a shit about her.

All that went out the window the second Aizawa offered:

"How about you head home yourself while I call her father to pick her up."

"No." Akihiko snapped, but he wasn't the only one who said that. Shiina, who had been silent for quite a while had said the simple word with so much hatred that he even he was momentarily shocked. He recovered quickly and turned Aizawa, his eyes cold. "No need to waste your time with him, sir. I highly doubt the bastard would even do anything. Now if you'll excuse us."

With tense postures, Akihiko and Shiina stepped away from the fallen villain and walked passed Aizawa without another word.

"Now hold on you two—"

Shiina looked over her shoulder, her eyes blazing as if daring him to try and stop them. He didn't know if it was from the many drinks she had, but Shiina looked ready to hurt him. "Shouldn't you deal with the villain, sensei?"

Aizawa watched in silence as the pair of them left, crossing the street to reach their vehicle. He looked back at the main on the ground, his thoughts in disarray.

Their sudden hostility didn't escape him in the slightest, in fact, it only made him even more suspicious. A voice in the back of his head urged him to contact Endeavor about this—his youngest daughter was found drunk in the middle of the red light district with an older man after all—but there was so much hatred in both Shiina and Sanada's faces when the man was even mentioned.

He decided not to tell him. But tomorrow he and Shiina would have a talk.

Hopefully, she's not too hung over, he couldn't help but think, snorting.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro