[12]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Staring out of nowhere with his brain malfunctioning from the excessive thinking, Taeyong couldn't help it while seated on the couch and watching a movie. He doesn't know if he could jeep up honestly. Those few days Jaehyun's been treating him like trash were too much.

The other day, Jaehyun just got mad about having submissions of reports from his department. It was acceptable but embarrassing him infront of his own subordinates again wasn't. Taeyong wasn't able to speak or atleast defend himself. Who is he to go against him anyway? But he hoped Jaehyun knows that it hurts him. He's getting too personal.

Then his thoughts were interrupted by someone who suddenly kissed his hand.

"Your mind is occupied again, Yong. What's wrong?"

Taeyong shook his head, "It's noth--"

Doyoung sighed, "Nothing again? Or you just can't tell me?"

The boy looked at the man beside him, "Don't say that."

"I'm just kidding. Of course, you can keep things to yourself. I'm just here if you ever need someone," the man said with his hand intertwined with the boy's, "Whatever it is, I'll support you. You only need to tell me."

Taeyong took a second before he pulled himself closer to snuggle against Doyoung's body. His arms around the man's waist and his head propped by the man's shoulder. The boy felt a kiss ontop of his head.

"If we ever tell the media our relationship, I'd probably blabber about how much of an ideal boyfriend you are," the boy uttered softly, "Maybe not. Let me keep the details to myself."

"You want something, do you? Ice cream again?" Doyoung asked then gave a small laugh because of his boyfriend's statement.

Taeyong just chuckled, "It's not because I speak about you, it means I want something...But ice cream would be nice."

The man sighed, "I'll go get it then."

Doyoung stopped the movie and pulled himself away from Taeyong to stand up from the couch. Suddenly, he was pulled down by Taeyong which made him to hover the boy. Taeyong just wanted a kiss, and so they did, maybe too intimately.

The next morning, Taeyong groaned as he woke up, naked under the sheets. He rubbed his puffy eyes and tried to process everything. He tried stretching out his limbs but felt that Doyoung was still hugging him from behind, sleeping. He would stay and snuggle against his boyfriend at this hour after a long night, but then realized that the sun was already up, when usually they wake at dawn.

His eyebrows furrowed, he went to grab his phone and his eyes widened when he saw the time. Taeyong panicked and immediately waking Doyoung.

"Doyoung, wake up! We're late!"

The boy stood and ran his way towards the bathroom to take his bath. Taeyong did it as fast as he could and wore his slacks and dress shirt. He could only curse every time he does things. He grabbed everything and then saw that Doyoung hasn't prepared himself for work, just in shirt and sweatpants.

"Doyoung! You're late!" the boy uttered.

The man nodded, "It's fine, don't worry. I'll call in sick, I guess. I'll drive you to work. Let's go."

Taeyong pouted, "But I haven't cleaned--"

"I'll have everything cleaned, especially your room. Let's just get you to your work."

The boy would've just not attended work and call in sick as well, but he has so many things to do and a month was barely enough for them to finish. Taeyong can't afford getting himself in trouble. Thankfully, it just took them a few minutes to arrive safely which Doyoung was able to do.

"Thank you so much, Doie! Love you," Taeyong gave him a peck.

"See you later--Watch your step!"

Taeyong almost tripped but he was fine. He ran into the building and wrote his attendance. He then walked and stood in the elevator, panting. He was an hour late and he could only hope that no one needed him at that time. He stayed up all night long and mentally noted that he should be aware about their schedules. Thinking about it makes him frustrated.

He even made Doyoung to leave a day for work. He should apologize later.

As soon as the door opened enough, Taeyong walked out and went into his department but stopped when he bumped against someone's back.

"I'm so--"

Taeyong looked up and his eyes widened when he saw who he bumped against to. He stepped back, coldly sweating buckets, when the man looked at him with furrowed eyebrows and sharp eyes. He cursed in his mind.

"You're an hour late, Mr. Lee," Jaehyun uttered, catching everyone's attention.

The boy swallowed and stuttered, "I-I'm sorry, Mr. Ju--"

"Is this how you normally behave? You let your subordinates work their asses off while you have the luxury to relax? Is this all a joke to you, Mr. Lee? Is this because you have someone to do the work for you?"

"N-No--"

"I don't want to hear anything from you! You think you can relax just because you're a department head?! Because you have the privilege to?! Because of your carelessness, look at these reports!" the man slammed a bunch of papers against one employee's cubicle wall, "This is how you work?! You send documents like these? Trash?"

Taeyong cleared his throat as he shivered, sucking everything up so he wouldn't cry, "N-No, sir..."

"Bullshit!" Jaehyun clenched his jaw, "This is my company you're working in! And I don't want any of my co-workers to be as lazy as you! I will not hesitate to replace you because people like you doesn't deserve to be in this company! Do you understand, Mr. Lee?"

The boy didn't dare to look at him. He didn't want to.

"Yes, Mr. Jung. I-I'm very sorry...I-It won't happen again," Taeyong uttered very softly, like a whisper, as his voice shakes.

"Make sure of it. Because I'm not going to give you any more chances after this!"

Jaehyun huffed as he looked at Taeyong with so much hate. He needed the documents from their department and all he got was the boy being late because of what? His boyfriend? Again? It just boils him to the core at the thought of it. He wants to shout and scream at him just to let him know that he's frustrated. And here he is now.

"Redo everything and make sure it's up to my standards."

Taeyong bowed and lets the CEO pass him. The boy straightened and took a deep breath before he excused himself to the bathroom.

Jungwoo wanted to make sure he's fine but the boy was gone. He knew Taeyong's doesn't feel well so he thought he just let him and he'll just check him later.

"Thank you for coming but I'll have to think about this proposal. I'll contact you right away," Jaehyun said and slid the folder towards the businessman who came for a private meeting.

The man grabbed the papers and stood from his seat with a friendly smile on his face, "I'll be looking forward to your reply, Mr. Jung. Thank you for your time."

The CEO smiled and nodded, "My pleasure."

As soon as the businessman turned his back and walked out of the office, Jaehyun lose his smile and frowned. He sighed and leaned back on his backrest. He grabbed the other investor's proposal, reading it as he compared the documents he had with the last one. Then the man furrowed his eyebrows when he heard someone knock on his door.

His secretary comes in.

"If it's another abrupt meeting, I'll have them scheduled to some other day," Jaehyun uttered ahead.

The secretary bowed, "I'm sorry, Mr. Jung, but it isn't an investor. Mr. Lee wanted to see you."

It's been a few days since he bursted out of anger. Who wouldn't get mad? He keeps on being with his boyfriend when he has work right here. Jaehyun would definitely get annoyed about it. People would be fighting over his position and he's acting like he doesn't get enough of his boyfriend when he knows they spend every minute together.

But admittedly, Jaehyun's been visiting his department just to check on him. He hasn't seen him since he's been staying inside of his office, except if it's break time.

It is surprising to hear that he decided to talk to him now. For what purposes? Is he going to talk about how unfair he is now?

The man hummed, "Let him in."

He stepped aside and Taeyong comes in with a paper in hand. Jaehyun placed the documents beside and have his attention on the boy. He looked at his watch before he looked back.

"Five minutes," the CEO uttered flatly.

Taeyong nodded and smiled bitterly before he handed out the paper he has to Jaehyun, "I'm here to submit this to you, Mr. Jung."

Jaehyun frowned before he reached and grabbed the paper to read it.

"It's my 30-day resignation letter."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro