[39]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Taeyong came into work with an anxious mind. He couldn't almost sleep last night because of thinking. Jaehyun didn't seem happy yesterday. It almost looked like he was upset with him for something. He doesn't know what he will expect but he just hoped for the best that he's maybe overthinking.

But like, it's Jaehyun, the guy who he naturally gets bothered about.

"I won't be able to pick you up. It's an important meeting" Doyoung said.

Taeyong nodded, "It's alright, don't worry about it."

"But I'll have someone to do it. I'll message you about it."

"Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow then?"

The man nodded, "Yeah, see you tomorrow. Love you."

The boy smiled before he stepped out of the vehicle. He walked up into the building and was greeted by some employees. He was tensed right now that he couldn't even greet them back properly. Taeyong went towards the reception.

"Good morning, Mr. Lee. Mr. Jung told me to ask you to go straight into his office as soon as you arrived."

Taeyong nodded, pulling up a brief smile, "I will. Thank you."

He went to the elevator and pressed the correct button. He waited a bit until he arrived. It was really early, early enough that people won't arrive until half an hour. The secretary hasn't arrived so Taeyong just walked straight towards the CEO's doors. He stared at the gold plate attached on the door, written with 'Jung Jaehyun' on it.

He hesitantly knocked before he slowly opened the door as soon as he heard an affirmation for him to go in. Taeyong walked into the room, greeting Jaehyun who was seated on his chair, waiting for him. The supervisor walked closer but stood a meter away from the desk.

"Good morning, Mr. Jung. You called me?"

Jaehyun took a second before he took a deep breath, "I just want to talk to you for something private."

Taeyong nodded, "About what exactly?"

"Obviously, you don't remember what happened last Saturday. To make it easier for you, we made out, just like what previously happened."

The boy was taken aback. His eyebrows furrowed, felt embarrassed and didn't know what to say. It's not like he doesn't believe Jaehyun, it's mostly likely it really happened. He was just stunned that it happened again.

"You were drunk, I was tempted, and this is bad. We know that. I wanted to talk to you because I don't want to make things worse between us...I mean, the feelings. We can't do these behind someone's back. I'm fine being the asshole, I'll take the blame, but I don't want you to fuck up someone's feelings."

"You don't have to do that. I admit it, I always initiate the things we're doing...It's my fault why you're this frustrated and I-I understand where you're coming from. I am trying to make up my mind--"

"No need for that because from now on, I want the both of us to keep our distance from each other."

Taeyong's eyes widened, "...What?"

Jaehyun didn't show much expression. He was as cold as the first time they met.

"Just like how we started, Taeyong. It was better that way. You don't need to pick between the both of us. I'd be happy if you'll pick your boyfriend over me."

Of course, that wasn't true. Jaehyun could only dream that Taeyong will pick him over Doyoung, but it's better to keep him away from the mess.

"Jae--"

"Don't say anything, please. Believe me, you'll thank me someday for this."

And that broke Taeyong. He doesn't anything else to say. He just stood there, frozen, as he was still processing those words. His hand tightly holding onto the strap of his bag and he was just stopping himself from crying infront of Jaehyun, but failed.

Jaehyun felt his heart dropped when he saw the boy trying to stop himself from crying. He wants to stand up and hug him, wanting to comfort him until tomorrow, but he stopped himself. He held himself back.

The boy just bowed but never looked back at the man again, "I...I understand your decision...Thank you for your time."

Taeyong turned and walked out of the office, leaving Jaehyun. The man just sighed, having the urge to throw everything in the room right now. But he heard someone knocked and entered his office. He looked up and saw his secretary.

"Good morning, Mr. Jung," he cheerfully greeted, "I have your schedule for today--"

"Please...Please, cancel all of them. I feel ill today."

"Do you want me to call a doctor?"

"No. Just my driver."

"I will call them as soon as possible."

They weren't anything from the start, but it hurts so bad. It felt like the pain from ten years ago.

Taeyong didn't feel like working today. His mind was full of thoughts about the words he could've said. Everything felt so slow and he just wants to go home but he didn't. Instead, he pushed himself. Although, he was spacing out as he stared at the necklace with the ring.

The boy hated the fact that he's nothing but a co-worker to Jaehyun, it has always been that. It just changed when they had a better relationship. Ever since that camp happened, everything just became an initiative and Taeyong couldn't keep in his mind where he stands.

What should he do? Continue transferring companies? Maybe he's just the one overreacting? He shouldn't do anything. Act like nothing happened. It shouldn't be a big deal.

"Hyung?"

Taeyong looked up, hiding the ring, and saw Jungwoo coming in, "Yes?"

"Doyoung hyung's waiting outside."

The boy hesitated but he smiled and nodded, "C-Could you tell him I'm busy? I still need to work on something urgent."

"Oh, okay. Do you need some help with it?"

"No, don't worry."

Jungwoo nodded before he exits the room. Taeyong wasn't in the mood to do anything as of the moment. He wants to be alone for a while. His mind was very messy right now and he doesn't want to make Doyoung worry about him too much. He's too upset.

Taeyong grabbed his phone and messaged Doyoung.

Taeyong:

Sorry for today

Doie:

I understand. I'll be sending you food there instead.

Taeyong:

Thanks, just really busy

Doie: Don't worry about it but you still need to eat. See you tomorrow

The boy heavily sighed.

"This is wrong."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro