[40]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It went for several days. Taeyong looked like he lost his spark with everything. He's just anxious, every time he wakes up until he sleeps. He could only drown himself with work to keep him in temporary relief and peace of mind. He felt sorry for people who kept asking his presence, especially Doyoung.

Doyoung doesn't what was happening but he was worried. Things went skeptical since last month and he doesn't know what to do. It felt like Taeyong was pushing him away now. He's trying to think of the things that he thought the boy didn't like. Maybe it's something he doesn't really know. He wanted to ask Taeyong about it but they haven't had any time to be together these days. They're just having small messages and having short calls. It didn't feel very right.

On the other hand, Jaehyun was just the same quiet person as always but this time, he was obviously bothered. He seemed very inattentive and mostly distracted. Then he thought about the same ring as Taeyong's, remembering that he threw that somewhere in some beach back in the States. He suddenly regretted doing that.

"Why am I with you exactly?" Jaehyun asked. He was pulled away from his bed just now, forced him to dress up and pulled him to go out. He was annoyed.

"Finding a wedding ring with me. What else?" Mark answered, walking towards the jewelry store nearby.

The man raised an eyebrow, "You should've asked someone else. It's my day off."

"Oh come on, get out of your crib for once. You've been locking yourself inside. Also, you've been cancelling our plans so I have to force you into this."

Jaehyun sighed and crossed his arms, "I'm already here anyway. Let's just finish this. I'm too tired."

"I just need some opinion. You know I'm not good with these," Mark said.

"Me, neither, Mark."

"Well, I trust you."

They walked into the store and was immediately greeted by the woman who knew them. They were led to where the rings were and Jaehyun felt overwhelmed by how many there was. The man was so sure that they'll be staying for hours just for a ring.

"While I'm at it, you can look around. Maybe you want to buy something?" Mark uttered as he waits for the saleslady to bring the ring he hesitantly picked last week.

Jaehyun was taken aback, "And who am I going to give it to?"

"It shouldn't be for someone. Buy something for yourself. My treat," the other said.

Then Jaehyun looked around, "I don't know..."

His eyes scanned a few jewelries around, looking at the pretty gems inside the glass casings. The man didn't have any plans on picking something but surprisingly, his eyes stayed on the specific piece. It wasn't as bright as any rings that were embedded with diamonds in the room but it was the attractive one out of all.

Jaehyun jolted when a saleslady came in to assist him.

"Oh, can I look at that?" the man pointed at the ring he wanted.

She nodded, "Of course," as she grabbed and placed it on top of the glass, presenting it.

The man seemed to be stunned by how pretty the ring was, an exact a dupe of Taeyong's. He still has the thought of the boy, he never forgot about him anyway. Instantly, the ring just reminded him more of the boy. All the memories clouded his mind as regret surged in at the same time, letting his heart feel heavier than it has.

"Well, that's plain," Mark scrunched his nose, "You like that?"

Jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows at him, "The fuck. Are you judging my taste?"

The man laughed, "There are plenty of other ones to choose from anyway."

Then Jaehyun looked back at the ring. He figured that if he buys the ring, it'll just make it seem that he's actually trying to give a motive when he just pushed the man away. He wants the best for him so instead of thinking about his own feelings, he rather not.

"I wasn't thinking about buying it anyway," Jaehyun said, "Have you chosen anything yet? Let's go eat somewhere."

"Oh, look at it! You think Donghyuck will like it?" Mark asked, showing the jewelry he chose.

The man looked at it, suddenly asked himself when he will start to settle down with someone. Well, there's only one person he wants to be with but not in this lifetime anyway. He just smiled briefly and nodded at his friend.

"Yeah. He loves everything you give anyway."

Mark chuckled, "Okay. I'll just check everything out. You can go ahead."

Jaehyun nodded before he leaves the store. There was nothing but Taeyong in his mind right now. He has never thought about the boy this frequent but for some reason, he's just reminded by the boy. From places to even cigarettes, he remembers Taeyong.

It took a little more than a minute before Mark came out and started to look for a place to eat in. Jaehyun was fine anywhere. Settling down in one they chose, both of them were looking into the menu as they converse.

"By the way," Mark placed a little black box infront of Jaehyun, catching his friend's attention, "The lady told me it was a free gift. You seemed to really like it."

Jaehyun felt confused and upon opening the box, he was surprised.

"Mark--"

"I know you never want someone to buy you things like these but hey, you've been there ever since I needed someone either it's childish or not. It's just a small gift from me."

The man looked at it and sighed.

"You don't seem to like it as much as you did back there," Mark added.

Jaehyun shrugged, "You know...Last week, I told him that we should stay from each other. Things were kind of...getting out of hand so I had to stop it before it worsens. I should feel lighter..."

"But things just felt heavier, huh? I mean, you're doing the right thing but you're not happy about it, are you?"

The man scoffed, "Isn't it obvious?" then he grabbed the ring box and showed it to his friend, "This specific design reminded me of the ring I gave to him ten years ago and he still has it. If I bought this, then it would just look like I didn't mean the words I told him and I'm giving mixed signals."

"You could be right but it shouldn't stop you from loving him. As much as you want throw it all away, you're just going to fail yourself. Just...love him but still stand within the boundaries."

Jaehyun looked back at the jewelry and from his friend's word, he felt some relief. He doesn't even know if it fits. It's weird that it came from Mark but he just shrugged it off. He timidly wore it which immediately complemented him. He couldn't help but feel his heart flutter with a safe reminder that he won't wear it ever again in public.

Unexpectedly, someone stopped by their table. Jaehyun looked up and was greeted by the person he could only despise quietly.

"Oh, you're here too?" Doyoung uttered.

Jaehyun nodded, "Yes. My friend here said he'll be the one treating. You know Mark."

"It's great that you chose to spend your time here in my parents' restaurant."

"Ah, this is yours?" Mark asked, "Been here for meetings..."

Doyoung listened to the other businessman's stories. He was quite happy to hear good things about his parents' business but something caught his eye. He furrowed his eyebrows, staring at Jaehyun's hand. He wasn't sure but the ring he has was awfully familiar. It could just be the same as any piece of jewelry of any store but Doyoung just has that instinct.

He remembered it is the same as Taeyong's.

He shouldn't doubt his boyfriend but there's something wrong. Maybe he's just overreacting.

"I'll leave you two. I need to help my parents but since both of you are our special guests, I'll have someone to bring you the best wine inside the cellar," Doyoung said, smiling.

Mark nodded, "Thank you. We'll see you around, Mr. Kim."

The man bowed before he walked away from both of the gentlemen. He sighed and repeatedly tell himself that he doesn't need to worry about anything.

A/N: guys it's complicated

what if this ends with taeyong deciding not to be with either of them :/

could be a possibility, i could be spoiling too

(also holy shit INVU is *chef's kiss* it's been on repeat for three days welp--)

Love lots ♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro