[41]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Taeyong was trying hard not to make things obvious but he always bad at it.

Back in work, he's doing his job, just the way he should be. Although, he was a bit cold but collected. He could only cave in his office since he doesn't know how to deal with his anxiety, but if they need anything, Taeyong would be happy to help. Jungwoo got worried so every day, he kept on checking his friend and asking if he's fine.

Of course, Taeyong won't tell the truth.

The boy's been out of his mind and turns down the plans he has for the weeks. Taeyong would just want to stay inside his apartment. Doyoung's been trying to make things up, thinking that he's the reason why Taeyong's acting like this. The boy did keep telling it was just work but the man wasn't having it.

Despite all the efforts, Taeyong stayed unmotivated.

"We can go on a vacation this week. I know you'll like that. Where do you want to go?" Doyoung asked.

"No...I don't want to," Taeyong answered flatly.

The man hummed, "I know you can't leave your work but you've been stressed out. You might want to chill for a few days."

The boy deadpanned, "Doyoung, I'm fine."

"Now, because of your work, you're pushing me away."

"Are we really going to talk about this right now?" Taeyong massaged his temples.

"Well, all you did was to shut yourself down these days and never thought about what I feel about it."

The boy sighed, "I'm just tired--"

"You never had that attitude, Taeyong."

Taeyong furrowed his eyebrows, "What attitude? I can't feel tired, Doyoung?! I can't be stressed and have my own time alone?! Do you want my full attention on you now?!"

"You know the answers to those--"

"Then why does it seem that I have to ask them?! You're blaming me for having my career? What's happening to you?"

"You should ask that to yourself."

Taeyong scoffed and rolled his eyes at the same time, "I'm not going to have this conversation tonight."

Doyoung held the steering wheel tightly, clenching his jaw as his thoughts suddenly got messed up with his several doubts. He doesn't want to have any of them, knowing that Taeyong wouldn't do things behind his back. He trusts his boyfriend, but he knew from the start that Taeyong just got pressured to answer him. Although it was their case, he could tell that the boy loves him...did he?

"Are you hiding something from me?"

Taeyong tensed but looked at the man with one eyebrow raised, "I'm getting out. I don't want to talk to you like this."

"Tae--"

"Thanks for the ride but I don't want us to be in this kind of situation."

"But we're already in it anyway."

"Then let's cool off for a day, okay?"

Doyoung sighed, "Sure, whatever you want. Let me drive you home atleast..."

The boy nodded, seated quietly on the passenger's seat. They spent quiet minutes, as their heated conversation died down. As soon as they arrived, Taeyong was ready to get out of the car but he was pulled back.

"I'm sorry, Taeyong. Whatever I did."

"You aren't the problem, Doyoung."

"Then whatever it is, I hope this won't affect us."

Taeyong didn't know how to respond but he nodded. He got off and went into his apartment. He knew he messed up but he doesn't know what to do. By now, he should.

You need to tell him, Taeyong.

"Things got a little heated, huh?" Jungwoo asked.

Taeyong shrugged, "Well, yeah..."

"It's fine. I mean, it's normal to have misunderstandings, right?"

The boy nodded slowly. Jungwoo was curious why Doyoung didn't come over to pick up Taeyong for lunch. Taeyong did some explanation and that's why Jungwoo was there to listen. He didn't hear anything from his boyfriend for a day, like what he wanted them to do. Taeyong was fine having some space to think and decide.

He was quite nervous. He doesn't know where and when he would explain to Doyoung. He couldn't even imagine Doyoung's reaction.

After work, Taeyong thought about grabbing a taxi even though Johnny offered him a ride.

"I'll see you next week, hyung," Jungwoo bids.

Taeyong nodded, "See you. Have fun this weekend."

"You too. Why don't you come with us? Food trip night?"

The boy chuckled as he shook his head, "You have fun with Lucas alone. I don't want to be the third wheel anyway."

"I know he won't mind but your choice. Have a safe drive."

The boy was left behind since he was waiting for a taxi to pass by for him. He should've called one before so he wouldn't be stuck here for who-knows how many minutes. Looking around, he saw some vans parked infront. He looked behind and saw all the commotion happening.

Then he caught a glimpse of Jaehyun.

As much as he doesn't want to, he stared at the man from afar. It's his first time seeing him after a while. They've been purposely avoiding each other anyway. They haven't been in meetings nowadays and from what he heard, Jaehyun would always excuse himself half of the day. He wondered what he was doing.

But he seems happy.

Then all of a sudden, Taeyong heard his name being called. His eyes widened as he looked at the person who called him.

"Doyoung?"

"I know you wanted space but I really want to talk to you. Is that okay? Just a few minutes, I promise."

The boy just nodded. He wouldn't want to turn him down. This would probably be the right time. Taeyong stepped into the vehicle, sitting on the passenger's seat.

"I want to talk to you about something too," the boy uttered softly.

Doyoung nodded and, drove towards somewhere private and quiet. They didn't know that both of them were nervous at the time. They don't know what's going to happen and by the time they arrived at an empty space by the riverside, neither one of them wants to speak first.

"What do you want to talk about?" Taeyong asked, stepping out of the car and sat down on the grass.

Doyoung followed behind and sat beside him. It took him a few seconds before he took a deep breath as he grabbed something from behind and looked back at Taeyong.

"Let's get married."

Taeyong was taken aback from the sudden proposal. He saw Doyoung took out a ring box and opened it, displaying the beautifully made ring. He was immediately overwhelmed. He thought they were just going to talk things out but it suddenly went to this. He didn't know what to say, he was speechless.

"I...I know you don't want to yet but I just want to settle things between us. We were getting farther apart these past few days and I've never been this worried. I don't want to end things between us, Taeyong. I really do want to spend the rest of my life with you."

The boy felt his chest started hurting and his eyes welling up tears. Taeyong suddenly forgot how to speak. Guilt started flooding and he doesn't know how to say everything to Doyoung.

But this was the only solution Doyoung thought of just to keep Taeyong.

"Suddenly, we're slipping apart and I've never wanted us to separate...You don't know how much this will mean to me," the man added.

Taeyong sniffled, cursing mentally, as his hands shakily held Doyoung's and closed the box, pushing it towards to the man. His tears ran like a waterfall as his heart ached.

"I-I'm sorry but I can't do this..."

Doyoung sighed, "Maybe next ti--"

"There will be no next time, Doyoung. I-I can't be with you when I-I have someone else in my mind."

The man's heart dropped. He already thought about it but he wasn't expecting it to be true. He suddenly fell deaf, asking himself if he heard that right.

Taeyong wiped off his tears and shrugged, "I-It's not because I wasn't happy to be with you. Trust me, you've been a big part of my happiness a-and I'm thankful that you came into my life but..."

"Someone just weighs more."

The boy apologetically looked at Doyoung who continued his sentence, "...I'm really sorry, Doyoung."

For some reason, the man just smiled briefly and shrugged, "Well, it's not anyone's fault to fall inlove."

Taeyong couldn't help it as he bursted out crying. He doesn't know why he was the one being so emotional but Doyoung just hugged him, comforting him just as a friend. The man spoke to him through it anyway, asking the boy questions and asking him if he could tell him everything. Taeyong did.

It took them a few minutes, plus Doyoung was busy making Taeyong to stop crying for several times. They settled down, despite the man having a heavy heart.

"It's worrying that you're accepting this so easily," Taeyong said.

Doyoung shrugged, "Then what else should I be doing? Maturely, I shouldn't be mad at you. I don't want to throw things and look like a crazy guy. You know how I act, Taeyong. This is no one's fault, neither you or Jaehyun's."

The boy nodded, "Then you should know that it isn't either your fault."

The man nodded back, "Just know that I'm still here to listen to you if ever need anyone. I still want to be a part of your life."

"You already are, Doyoung."

"But...you loved me, right?"

Taeyong nodded, "Of course..."

No matter how much Doyoung wants to make Taeyong stay, he just can't. He can't make him happy, the way Jaehyun will. He truly loves the boy and he doesn't know how to move on from this.

But the only way he could show much he loves Taeyong was to let him go.

A/N: alexa play 'lost' by jaehyun

dOIEEEEE, I'M SORRY FOR ADDING YOU TO THIS STORY ;;

but all is well, he's well!! i promise!!

Love lots ♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro