[9]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Waking up from the good smell of breakfast, Taeyong fluttered his eyes open as he hummed against the pillow. He slowly turned, to lay on his back, to see the space beside him empty. He then grabs his phone and saw it was only six in the morning. He yawned and took a few seconds before he sat up to start fully waking himself up.

He rubbed his eyes, placing the phone back beside the bedside table, as took his time to rest up a bit. Then the bedroom door clicked open and slowly opened to see Doyoung checking Taeyong who was already awake.

"Oh, did I wake you up? I'm sorry, I was really trying hard to keep quiet," Doyoung said, coming in to start collecting his clothing.

Taeyong was still new to seeing his boyfriend in his tank top and sweats. He wasn't against it, it's just because Doyoung was always formal and classic.

"No, it's fine. I was planning to wake early anyway," the boy answered.

"Let's eat breakfast then, I'll be taking my leave after."

Doyoung hands out his hand for Taeyong to hold on. Both of them went out of the bedroom and took a seat to eat breakfast. The man puts food on the boy's plate to accommodate him then went to get some coffee for the both of them. Then proceeds to grab his laptop and placed it beside him on the table to check emails and send some documents he made last night.

Taeyong frowned, "Hey, eat up first. Don't make the food wait."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm just checking on my co-workers," the man said, "By the way, how was Jaehyun as your stepbrother?"

The boy suddenly became timid, "Oh...nothing really special. We were just like normal brothers. He was a nice kid, very expressive, active, gullible. He's the kind of person who takes care of people very well, even to people who's older than him. He likes music and sports, very much an intelligent player. He mostly spent his time with me so I know him very well--B-But that was years ago."

Doyoung nodded, "Everything you said about him doesn't seem to be him."

"H-He did transfer to America, so we weren't able to get in touch very well," the boy said.

"Get in touch? What do you mean? You weren't able to talk to him?"

Taeyong suddenly thought that he shouldn't have said that, "Y-Yeah...You know, I was busy with my school and he was busy with his as well. A-Also, I wasn't able to have my phone and everything."

"In conclusion, people do change."

Taeyong felt his heart gone heavy. Jaehyun isn't the Jaehyun he met and loved. He missed him. He dearly misses everything about him. He wished that things just came back to the day they were. To the day Jaehyun's still the kid he knew.

"I guess."

"Well, I don't want to debunk your biography. It'll take all day. I'll go ahead," the man uttered as he stood from his chair with his laptop, grabbing all the things that was his, "I'll come back and pick you up, okay? No need to take taxis this time, Taeyong."

"Yep, okay, Mr. Kim. I'll wait for you."

Doyoung wore his boyfriend's cardigan before he walked towards the front door with Taeyong following behind. Before the man could go, he leaned to place a kiss on the boy's forehead. They smiled at each other, Taeyong giving Doyoung a small peck, before they separated.

"I don't think I'm able to eat lunch with you later," Doyoung uttered as soon as they arrived infront of the company Taeyong's been working in, "I'm having a meeting with the staff today. But I'll be able to drive you home."

"No, it's okay, don't worry. Some other day maybe," Taeyong said.

"But you can always text me, okay? If you need anything or emergency, call me."

The boy nodded, "Heard you. Same thing to you," then proceeds to check if he has everything with him.

"I'm still weirded out why you have to buy tea, though. You don't drink tea."

Taeyong stopped and looked back at Doyoung, "Oh, i-it's for Jungwoo. He just texted me that he wanted tea for...for digestion," then smiled.

Then his attention was caught by a familiar black car that passed by and parked infront of Doyoung's. Taeyong knew who it was and felt an immediate feeling to greet him this time.

"I-I need to go, I need to finish something," the boy said as he steps out of the vehicle.

The man furrowed his eyebrows then shrugged, "Okay. I'll see you later then. Don't tire yourself too much."

"I won't!"

Taeyong ran into the building and stood by the desk to place his attendance. He was greeted by some employees, smiling briefly at them while he felt getting nervous from head to toe. His heart beating like he just ran for a mile and his body sweating coldly just anxiously waiting for Jaehyun.

As soon as he finished, he saw Jaehyun entering the building. The boy tried so hard to hold his courage to try and meet the man again.

"Good morning, Mr. Jung. There are packages for you given a while ago. Do you want me to call someone to bring them to you?" the person behind the desk asked.

Jaehyun didn't really give any attention to Taeyong even though they're just beside each other. The boy was able to stare at the man for a quick while. He couldn't help but get mesmerized.

"I'll have my secretary--"

"I-I can bring them to y-your office...Mr. Jung."

Taeyong offered which he caught Jaehyun's attention. He looked at the boy beside him, still emotionless. The boy felt a shiver down his spine again. As much as he wants to eat his own words and tell Jaehyun that he was joking because he has something else to do, he couldn't.

Why is he so scary?! Is he always like this?

"Only if you want me to," Taeyong added in a tiny soft voice.

Jaehyun took a second before he walked ahead, not answering the boy. Taeyong expected him to say nothing but it's probably an indirect approval. He doesn't really know how the man acts but he'll take it. He immediately asked for the packages to carry them.

"It's alright if I let his secretary do this, Mr. Lee," she said, worried about the supervisor.

Taeyong smiled, "Ah, no. It's fine. I need to talk to him anyway. Thank you."

It was just a few packages, nothing really heavy or anything. The boy had to take another elevator and waited for the doors to open when he arrives at the right floor. As soon as he got off, he saw Jaehyun just going into his office. Taeyong casually walked towards him, knocking against the wood before he comes in.

"Here are the packages," the boy announced.

Jaehyun went to take a seat on his chair and pointed at the table, "Place them there. You can leave."

Taeyong nodded, briefly smiling at him, before he proceeds to place the light packages on the table. He does have a feeling of someone staring behind him, boring holes at him, but he didn't mind it.

"I-I brought you tea, by the way."

The man didn't expect him to but he looked at the cup placed on the table. He furrowed his eyebrows and ignored the offer. The boy suddenly got worried.

"I don't like sugar."

Taeyong swallowed the saliva blocking his throat. His hands fidgeted anxiously behind his back. He continuously cursed, wanting to just get going because he knows he just screwed up again.

"O-Oh, then I'll take note of--"

"You don't have to do this--On second thought, never do this again."

The boy felt like his oxygen got knocked out of him.

"Don't ever do anything for me. Don't even try to go into my office ever again," Jaehyun added and looked back at him, straight in the eyes, "You're just giving me a headache."

"W-Wait--"

"I didn't give you permission to say anything against my words. I don't think my mother taught you that, did she?"

"But Jaehyun--"

"You are in the workplace. My company. Act the way you should be acting, Mr. Lee. Never, ever, call me by my name, is that clear?"

Taeyong didn't say another word. He bit his lower lip before he bowed, trying his hardest to keep the tears in. He's so confused that he's frustrated with the way Jaehyun's speaking to me. Did he just forget about him? He forgot everything?

"I'm so sorry with the way I behaved, Mr. Jung. It won't happen again," the boy apologized, "I-I'll be taking my leave."

A/N: jamal will have a character development don't worry

HASHASHAHA

Love lots ♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro