[8]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

His mind was occupied all day. Tapping his ballpen against his table and him just staring, he was trying to think why Jaehyun just treated him like that. It felt like he never knew Taeyong at all. He got worried, anxious and nervous that his stomach was churning in a bad way. His heart dropped just hearing him talk with so much authority.

Of course, it's because he is in a higher position than him but can't he spare the formality and atleast greet Taeyong like he really missed him? Did he miss him anyway?

Something inside of him broke, his eyes were on the verge of letting out tears and all the motivation to finish all his work for today just disappeared. Did he do anything wrong? They weren't in speaking terms anyway, they couldn't. He doesn't know what to do. Should he be persistent? For what? Because of their past?

What if Taeyong's the only one holding onto 'them'?

But then, he's in a relationship already.

"Yong-ah?"

Jungwoo comes into the supervisor's office, just to see him out of his senses right now. The boy sighed as he walked closer to Taeyong, slamming his hands on the desk to catch his attention which was successful.

"Taeyong-ah, are you alright? Doyoung's picking you up for break," Jungwoo said.

Taeyong snapped out upon hearing his boyfriend's name. He immediately grabbed his phone and stood from his desk, "U-Uh, yeah...I-I'll be there."

"Are you alright, though?"

The boy looked back at him and slowly nodded, giving a brief smile, "Of course. Have your break too, Jungwoo."

Taeyong walks out of his office and met Doyoung. The man wrapped an arm around the boy's shoulders then goes towards the elevator.

"What were you doing in his office?" the man asked, leaning against the elevator's wall behind.

The boy shrugged, "J-Just some things. You know, business."

Doyoung nodded, "Weren't you the Chairman's foster child? What...are you to Jaehyun then?"

"Aah, we...we were brothers, stepbrothers."

And you didn't tell me?"

Taeyong looked back at him and gave a sweet smile, hugging the man, "I don't think it was necessary, Doie," then pulled himself away as soon as the elevator opened and they walked towards the car that was parked infront, "How about you? Why did you come to see him?"

"Oh, just an interview to be featured," Doyoung simply answered, "He seemed tense, though. Now I'm curious what happened to both of you before I came."

"I-I don't know, it has nothing to do with me...I hope."

The man chuckled, "Get inside. I know a new place we could go."

"You always have one."

"You're being too harsh on him."

Jaehyun moved a chess piece before he leaned back and blew smoke from his cigarette, "It's unlikely of you to nag at someone who's older than you."

"I just don't like how you treat someone who you had something--"

"For the record," the man looked straight at him, glaring at his eyes, "It's his fault. He lied to me."

Mark moved a piece, checking Jaehyun, "You think after everything you guys spent and shared, it's fake?"

The man moved his last piece for a checkmate, "Everything to him is all for show. What I did for him were genuine," then crushed his cigarette on his tray.

"So, what happened? What happened with those feelings now?"

Jaehyun snickered.

"You tell me, Mark. You think I'll treat him like this if I still love him? No."

Mark took a deep breath, "Hyung, atleast let him know why you're like this."

"Let him be the one to figure it out. He didn't have time for me back then, then I won't give any of mine."

The younger shook his head before he stood from his chair, "Piece of advice. Don't overdo anything. Whatever plans you have, please think about it."

"I don't have any plans other than pushing him away."

Mark chuckled, "Ah, really? That's your plan? How? You guys are literally in one building."

"My mother trusts him...I don't have any choice about it."

"Don't you think that instead of pushing him away, this is just a chance for you guys to be frien--"

Jaehyun looked in dismay, wincing from the cringe, "I can't be friends with my employees, Mark."

The man shrugged then stood, fixing his suit, "Whatever, man. Just do things with the consequences in mind."

The new president sighed as he stood to walk him to the door, "If you didn't pass by, then you won't hear me rant about him again."

"I'm all used to it. What's new anyway?"

Jaehyun chuckled, "Get out then. I'll see you some other day."

Mark rolled his eyes before he took his leave.

Staring at himself in the mirror, Taeyong was spacing out from thinking too much. He was frowning as he talked to himself if it's really a good thing to be pushy or not. All he wants is to know why...Why is Jaehyun acting like that? It's something about him. Is it because of how he looks? How he acts? How he just plainly exists?

But still, why? That question still stands. He couldn't pinpoint at something that could make him mad. Or maybe he's just moody?

Taeyong sighed, covering his face with both of his hands. He slides them down and still has his eyes on the mirror.

"Persistent, or not to be?"

Then his eyes went to look at the necklace he has which has the pendant of a thin silver ring. He wouldn't be able to wear it, he thought about making it as a necklace instead. The memories of him waiting Jaehyun to came back and now that he's here, he shouldn't let this opportunity go.

He should work on their relationship. He doesn't want this kind of treatment. It shouldn't be. This can't be happening between them. He won't allow it. He needs to do some effort atleast, if ever he did anything wrong to him.

If he's able to able to know the reason, he can say sorry for it.

Taeyong suddenly jolted when he got backhugged. He whined because of it and just got laughs from his boyfriend.

"I would like to have my privacy, Mr. Kim!"

"You keep talking to yourself. What's the problem?"

The boy shook his head, "Nothing. You said you have work, why aren't you doing them so we could sleep?"

Doyoung wanted to sleep over in Taeyong's apartment just because he still has a long way to go home and he's tired. He did bring a bunch of food to atleast make it up for the sudden intrusion. But there was no problem to Taeyong if he comes in late at night. He'd still let him in without the food, but Taeyong won't say no to it. Although, he was still worried for Doyoung.

They haven't talked about officially telling everyone about their relationship, especially the public. They were just labeled as 'best friends' by the press because how close they are. Ever since that day, Taeyong told Doyoung to keep their profile low. He wouldn't want to ruin his boyfriend's work afterall.

This was what his foster mother meant by "ruining her plans" for Jaehyun.

"I was waiting for you and you were taking too long so I checked on you."

Taeyong chuckled, "Let's go, I'm done anyway."

The boy held the man's hand then pulled him towards the living room to take a seat on the couch where Doyoung has his laptop on. Both of them were chilling, casually together while they do whatever they need to do. Taeyong spaced out, in the middle of watching TV, as soon as he remembered all the words his foster mother told him to stay away from Jaehyun.

She probably doesn't know they met, right?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro