[7]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Taeyong couldn't sleep that night. He still couldn't believe that Jaehyun came back. He's been here for a while and he didn't get any news, even from his foster parent. Maybe she didn't want them to meet. Then does that mean she still holds a grudge against Taeyong?

He doesn't have any relation with Jaehyun anymore, other than a mere boss-employee relationship, although he's still holding onto the promise they had.

If they weren't separated, what could've happened? Maybe if Jaehyun wasn't brought to America, Taeyong would be in the streets right now. Things wouldn't get any better if this didn't happen to them. Taeyong wouldn't say it's the best, but what choice did he even had back then?

Thinking about it, what life did Jaehyun had in America? He knew nothing but there were several, a mountain, of letters that would ask Jaehyun's day. Taeyong would want to know how he was and what things he's been doing. By the looks of it, Jaehyun seemed well. The boy's happy that he's able to be whoever he wanted to be.

But he would still want to talk to him.

"You looked like you slept pretty well," Johnny sarcastically said.

Taeyong groaned, "Shut up. I don't want to talk about it."

"Been thinking about Jae-to-the-Hyun?"

"Johnny! We're in the office!" the boy whisper shouted then goes to drink his coffee, which was something rare because he only drink coffee whenever he needs to stay awake.

"Hey, if you really want to talk to him, go and give him some coffee."

Taeyong looked at him with widened eyes, "I'm not that desperate to talk to him, so don't hold that against me," then turns his back to walk out of the office's small kitchen.

"Pft. Really?"

The boy stopped and saw his friend's teasing smirk which made him frown, "Johnny..."

"When will you guys talk then? Also, it wouldn't hurt," the man said.

Taeyong sighed, thinking about his chances. To be honest, he wanted to go and talk to him. Take some time to just catch up with everything and give each other an update. He was already having cold sweat and messy thoughts just thinking about it. Surely, he'll be stuttering around him, but Jaehyun is Jaehyun.

They're going to be the same.

"You think he likes coffee?" Taeyong asked.

Johnny rolled his eyes, "Just make him black coffee or something."

"You sure he'll talk to me? I shouldn't be the one bringing him coffee, by the way."

"Then find some excuse. Bring a folder or something and tell his secretary you have to be the one telling him."

The boy hesitated but sighed, "No promises. I have some other things to do anyway. See you later, Johnny."

But of course, Taeyong goes back into the kitchen to make some coffee, with a folder in hand, then goes towards the elevator to get off on the right floor which was the top one. He tried to get himself in a calm state, no crazy thoughts. He'll just a simple conversation with Jaehyun.

No problem, Taeyong.

Once he arrived, he walked towards the secretary's desk which he was immediately greeted.

"Good morning, Mr. Lee. What can I do for you?"

Taeyong smiled, "Good morning. Is...Mr. Jung here? I have something for him."

"I can take it to him myself, Mr. Lee. He doesn't want--"

"B-But I have to give it to him, personally...If you don't mind. Just give me five minutes."

The secretary looked apologetic, "Mr. Lee, I'm sorry but I was assigned that I should be the one delivering his papers."

"Please, just this one time. I promise, it'll only take five minutes," the boy pleaded.

The other took a second before he sighed again, "Okay, if it's really important, Mr. Lee. Please follow me."

He led the way with Taeyong walking behind who was excited and happy that he has gotten a chance. He took deep breaths as he strode his way towards the office of president. The boy anxiously waited outside while the secretary briefly presented him to the president. Taeyong was holding onto the folder tightly, almost crumpling it, until he jolted that his name was called.

The boy swallowed the saliva blocking his throat before he smiled then walked in. His eyes slowly met with cold ones, although his heart was beating so fast and some butterflies filling up his stomach already.

"You can leave," Jaehyun told his secretary who obliged and gently closed the door, leaving the both of them.

Taeyong bit his lower lip, staring at Jaehyun who was reading something from a folder. The boy couldn't speak, feeling like his voice was taken away. The sound of the clock was their only noise and it was defeaning. Then he panicked when the man spoke.

"I don't have all the time in the world, Mr. Lee."

The boy cursed in his mind and felt himself panicking. Why is he talking like that to him?

"I-I brought you coffee. I thought you'd like something to drink..."

Taeyong placed the cup of coffee on the desk. Jaehyun looked at it then his eyes went to the boy's before he went back on reading the document in the folder.

"I prefer tea."

The boy's eyebrows raised, "O-Oh..." then he cleared his throat, "I'm sorry about that. Anyway--"

"If you're going to talk about business, then please have a seat. If you're going to talk about anything else, other than that, I don't have the time for it."

Taeyong became flustered about how cold he spoke. He tightly gripped onto the folder and wrist, scratching his skin, as his anxiety starting to rise up. He looked away from Jaehyun, not wanting to look straight at him now that the man's attention is on him now.

His eyes weren't looking the same way it looked at him when they were young.

Maybe he did change, but for what reason?

Jaehyun closed the folder he's holding and stood from his chair, walking around his desk to stand on the middle. He looked at Taeyong, emotionless. Just looking at him reminds him how much lies he got and hatred that felt.

He deserves this treatment.

"I have someone coming for a meeting and you're wasting my time, Mr. Lee."

"But, Jaehyu--"

Then a knock stopped Taeyong from speaking. Their attention went towards the door which was opened by the secretary.

"Sorry to disturb, Mr. Jung, but Mr. Kim is here."

The boy's eyes widened when a man he knew too much walked in, same goes with the man. The secretary leaves them be.

"Doyoung?"

Jaehyun's hands became fists and an eyebrow raised with his jaw clenching as Taeyong called the man who just came in.

"You know each other?" Jaehyun asked.

Doyoung smiled at Taeyong before he looked back at Jaehyun and nodded, "Yes. He is...a very close person to me."

Taeyong looked back at Jaehyun with fear in his eyes and the man looked back at him. The boy shivered from how intimidating he looked.

"Ah, I see..."

"I-I'll be taking my leave. Thank you, Mr. Jung."

Then the boy just immediately goes out of the room and he didn't know he was holding his breath. Taeyong held his chest and his eyes became teary.

What just happened?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro