003, Dinner and late night swims

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

ˁ῁̮ˀ

DINNER AND LATE NIGHT SWIMS

I'VE BEEN ON A CALL WITH my dad telling him that we've made it safely, not sure why he cares at this point. He's never been like a father figure to me but he's been for one and other specific person.

I haven't talked about them because there's not much to talk about but it's my brother, he's older than me-ish. Me and my brother don't speak like actual siblings we say few words but never hang out, never knew why we didn't but I guess we never really got along.

"Okay, dad. You don't need to worry about anything." I said rolling my eyes even though he won't see it.

"Olivia, Don't do anything stupid." My dad said to me making me scoff.

"It's not like your here." I said mumbling even though he heard what I said.

"Right, but Christian is coming down tomorrow. So, I'll have him to watch you." My dad said making me laugh.

"You're joking right, Christian doesn't give two flying fucks about me. He comes to see his friends not to watch over me." I said letting out a puff.

"He does care about you, he's just-you know." My dad said making me scoff.

"No, he doesn't and I don't really care if he does. Christian is Christian and he does whatever he does. It's like the world revolves around him and if he's like the only person. Who he truly cares about." I said to my dad.

Christian never really cared about me, I'm not sure why. I've always wanted a brother just like Belly, and Steven. They may be a little over the top but they are always there for each other, but with Christian and I it's different.

"Sweetie-,"

"no, Don't call me that. You don't care about me either." I said to him feeling my self trying to control the tears.

"I do care about you." He said to me.

"I have to go. Susannah made dinner." I said to him not wanting to stay any longer in the phone with him before I snap and begin to argue with him.

"Okay. Be good." He said to making me hum, before hanging up the phone and throwing beside the bed as I fell onto the bed letting out a huge sighs.

"I do care about you. Since when does this man do? All he does is choose his step kids over me, not to mention even Christian. Fuck off. Christian is way better than you, my ass" I said to myself making me groan.

"That's no way to speak to your brother." I heard my brothers voice making me look up and I saw him.

"Ugh, thought dad said you were coming tomorrow?" I asked but he let out a sigh.

"Nope, I decided to come down tonight so I did." He said making roll my eyes.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever," I said as I look at my brother who stood in the same spot making me sighs.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"Nothing." He said shrugging his shoulder.

"Then what the hell are you doing here? Don't you have something to do?" I said making him laugh.

"Miss you too, sis." He said to me making me roll my eyes before he walked away.

"Mom said to come down." He yelled making me groan and getting up from the bed and head downstairs where I saw everyone heading to the diner.

"Thought, he wasn't coming?" Conrad whispered to me making me sigh.

"Yeah, thought that too. But he did, and it's a nightmare having him here." I said to him.

"Why don't you like him?" He asked me making me laugh.

"Yeah, well. He's never been a brother figure to me. Always acting like he's all that. Being my dad's favorite along with his stupid step kids." I said feeling like I never had a dad or a brother who cared for me.

"I only got loved by my mother and I'm okay with that," I said to Conrad before walking away and sitting besides Belly.

"I thought he wasn't coming?" She asked referring to my brother making me scoff.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that." I said annoyed about it. It's all about Christian not even me. Just him and it's really getting on my nerves.

"Everything has to be about him." I said letting out an annoyed groan.

"Can we just not talk about him." I pleaded making Belly smile and nodded. And that's when my brother walked in making me roll my eyes.

"Speak of the devil." I mumbled trying not to be heard by any of them.

"All right, everyone let's settle down kids." Susannah said as the boys took their seats. Steven and Jeremiah began to watch his phone while laughing making Laurel sighs.

"Steven, I swear to God, if you look at that phone one more time, I'm putting it in the screen basket." Laurel told Steven,

"It's just, we want to see your beautiful faces." Susannah said to them as she picked up her glass of whine.

"Can dinner be a screen-free zone?" Susannah asked politely.

"You know, like the olden days." Susannah said with a laugh.

"Steven." Jeremiah said as I looked back at Steven who had his phone out making Jeremiah snatched it from him and standing it before tossing it to basket at the end of the door, which he made it,

"Dude, are you kidding me?" Steven said with an annoyed voice.

"Boom! Nailed it." Jeremiah said making me laugh.

"Okay, okay, okay, we get it, you've been working out." Steven said to Jeremiah,

"Oh, you're just jealous because Jere has a better body than you." Belly said making me laugh,

"I totally agree to that." I said giving a wink to Belly.

"Uh, no, actually, it's all about the lean look now." Steven said placing her hand on his chest.

"Otherwise, you can't wear tailored suits." Steven said making me laugh.

"Yeah for sure." I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Tailored suits?" Conrad said with a smile. I just realize that it's his first word he's had spoken since I heard all of these dumbass talk.

"When are you leaving for training camp, man?" Steven asked Conrad making his smile drop.

"Uh, he quit football." Jeremiah said making every jaw drop, but my brother doesn't even look surprised at all,

"You knew?" I asked my brother as I watched him eat his food.

"Yep, he gave me a call about it." He told me making me scoff and bite inside cheek.

"Obviously." I mumbled while digging into my food with my fork.

"Wh-wait, really? You quit?" Steven asked.

"Are you kidding me, man? I'd-I'd kill to play college ball."

"He can always change his mind." Susannah said to him as she looked at him across the table.

"I'm not gonna change my mind. I was just gonna sit on the bench all season anyways." Conrad told susannah without hesitation.

"Well, if you're not playing football anymore, what are you gonna do all summer?" My mother asked him as he shook his head.

"Oh, dude, you can work at the club. Yeah, with me and Jere. Since Christian is going to work at a bar." Steven said.

"I'm not gonna work at the club." Conrad immediately said to them.

"Wait, you guys are working this summer? Since when do you work at a bar? Thought you had everything." I said to my brother annoyed.

"Not everything revolves around you sis." He told me making me glare at him.

"At least I'm not a daddy's boy." I said to him annoyed as I watched him grip his fork.

"That's enough you too." I heard my mom say to us, I glared at my brother.

"Y-yeah, I'm life guarding and Steven's working at the snack shop." Jeremiah said before fist bumping Steven.

"Okay, than." I said quietly, as I began to dig into my food again Susannah called Belly and I.

"Oh, Livy, Belly, I almost forgot." She said getting up and getting something from her drawer, "I have a surprise for you two." She said making me groan.

"I hate surprises." I told her making laugh as she handed me and Belly and little envelope,

"So, this is why you had to stop by the country club." Laurel told Susannah.

"Mhm." Susannah said hummed making the mothers roll their eyes, Belly and I began to open it up as I watched my brother take a sneak peak.

"What, uh, wh-what is that?" Steven said being nosy.

"It's an envelope with a card in it dumbass." I said to him sarcastically making him glare at me.

"I wrangled Belly and Livy an invitation to be a debutante." Susannah said very excited. I don't like this not even a little bit and now I'm invited, help me dear lord.

"Is that the thing where the girls wear white dresses and curtsy?" Belly asked Susannah.

"It's when a girl comes of age and is presented to society. I-I know it sounds silly, but I swear it's fun. Girls come from all over New England to cousins just to be a part of it. You'll make so many new friends." Susannah told us with a smile on her face.

"I cannot believe you are still holding on to this archaic dream." I hear Laurel said grabbing another bottle of whine.

"Aw, little sis, isn't a young women. So sad. What does dad think of you, after what happened? You being presented for society is a terrible idea." My brother whispered into my ear making me look at him, thinking wether it's true or not.

Am I not good enough to present the society?

"Can you shut up." I said to him through gritted teeth.

"No, it used to be about finding a husband. But now it's about networking, they teach you leadership skills, like how to market yourself, and it benefits charity. It's um, like a bat mitzvah." Susannah said making mom and Laurel laugh.

"It's not like a bat mitzvah. There is nothing religious about a debutante ball." Laurel said as she sat back down.

"The whole deb scene is bullshit. It's for sheep." I hear Conrad said.

"Yeah,"

"No, it's not. It's when a girl has a coming out, it's a formal recognition she's reached maturity." Susannah said making my brother laugh.

"Yeah, no. This one isn't mature at all not even a little. Should ask dad and ask if she's actually mature." Christian said to Susannah making me hit him in the stomach as he let out a groan.

"Mature? Belly?" Steven said with laughter in between.

"A-a couple months ago you had a cat funeral. You made us all wear black." Steven said making Belly feel embarrassed as they all laugh.

"Shut up Steven. When I was there I saw you cry like a baby in your room." I said to him backing up Belly.

"Wait, Mochi died? Dang. I'm sorry, Bells." Jeremiah said. This is why he's an amazing brother to me.

"Belly, Livy. Don't you want to get all dress up." Susannah asked making my mom laugh.

"I don't like the debutante shit. But, I would love to get my daughter dress up all fancy and shit so I'm down." My mom said giving Susannah a high five.

"It's not Belly's kind of thing." Laurel said as I watch Belly face. I knew she wouldn't do it but she'll probably will for Susannah and I will too. As I watched the boys laugh making me roll my eyes.

"I'll think about it." I said with a smile making my mom cheer.

"What about you belly?" Susannah said making me look at her with a smile.

"Yeah, I'll think about it too." Belly said making Susannah smile.

"They said they'll think about it," she said making me smile as she sips her whine.

ˁ῁̮ˀ

Since dinner was over i went straight into my room before changing into my baiting suit which was not a speedo like Taylor says, I wasn't planning on bringing an actual bikini but, since my mom is my mom she decided to pack some for me.

Never wore and actual bikini like any other girls do but I guess now I do since my mom brought it for me.

Right now I'm at the pool just swimming and being outside makes me feel comfortable.

"You see, I told you I wasn't going to wear a Speedo." I said as my phone was placed next to the outside of the pool as I was on a call with Taylor. I could se she has a big smile.

"Yeah, I see. You look so fucking hot, babes." She told me making laughing.

"You know you always say that, so I'm use to you saying that." I said to her rolling my eyes at her.

"But your the hot one here Tay." I said making her roll her eyes back at me.

"I know that, but you got hot since you went with your dad. Oh, I almost forgot, you don't actually remember what happened between you and Carson?" Taylor said making me shift uncontrollably as I hear his name.

"You know I love you and all-but can we just not talk about him. It's been like seven months since we broke things off." I said to her, yes. I had a boyfriend I met him when I was with my dad, but it wasn't like I wanted it to. And it was hard for me to run away from that relationship. I never told my mom why I broke things off with Carson, she thinks it wasn't working but no.

"Livy-," Taylor said making me cut her off immediately.

"Taylor, I don't want to talk about. I told you about it because I trust you and because i know you wouldn't bring it back so, let's just forget this, please." I told her letting out a sigh.

"Fine, but just because you told me not to talk about it doesn't mean I won't figure out what actually happened." Taylor said to me making me roll my eyes. I always knew Taylor would never give up on something she knows someone is a part of.

"I just don't want to talk about this moment." I said softly. They say it's good to talk to someone about these things but I Never believed it, its just I don't want to open up to anyone i know, because they probably will judge,

"babe, you know I'm always here if you wanna talk." Taylor said making me smile softly.

"I know you are." I said to her.

"You should really wear these more often." Taylor said as I looked at what she was talking about.

"Yeah, we'll. You look hotter in these bikinis then me." I said to her making her laugh.

"So who's going to be your first make out session. Since you haven't had one in like forever." Taylor said to me making me glare at her. "Tay, come on. Don't ask me that. But I'll tell you what, if I get a hot make out session it would be with you." I said with a wink making her burst into laughter.

"Obviously, I'll be your first one." She said making me laugh now,

"now, that we've gotten comfortable I need to know this." I said to Taylor and I cleared my throat.

"I've seen the way you look at Steven, and something tells me that you have a little crush on Stevie." I said giggling to her as I saw a tint of blush creep up into her cheek.

"Oh my god, I knew it. I fucking knew it. Oh my god. Yes!" I said clapping my hands together with excitement.

"No-I mean yes. But he's belly's brother and you know I can't do that to belly." She said making me roll my eyes.

"I know, but follow what your heart says, it's what you feel. And no one can change that not even me." I said to Taylor.

"Your always to touchy with your words." Taylor said to me making me smile.

"I don't even think that was good or even- touchy as you say." I said to before I began to smell something bad coming from where I was.

"It's smells terrible. It's smells like someone is smoking pot." I said before I hear a someone clearing their throat.

"That would be me." I hear Conrad say making me turn around.

"And that's my que to go." Taylor said making me turn to look at my screen.

"W-what, we didn't even finish our conversation about-," I said before Taylor hung the phone on me leaving me alone with Conrad.

"Son of a bitch." I mumbled to myself before turning to look at Conrad with an awkward smile.

"I thought you said smoking pot changes the way your brain processes information." I said to him as I see him puff out his pot.

"So does your cell phone." Conrad said back at me making me roll my eyes.

"You said marijuana messes with white matter." I said to him as I moved closer towards him.

"Do you even know what white matter is?" He asked me making me laugh.

"White matter is found in the deeper tissues of the brain. It also contains nerve fibers, which are extensions of nerve cells. Many of these nerve fibers are surrounded by a type of sheath or covering which is called myelin. Myelin gives the white matter its color." I said rambling my nerdy thoughts. Which caught Conrad off guard.

"Nerd." He said making me glare at him.

"You said o-our brains are still developing and that..." I said before he cut me off with a scoff.

"God, do you memorize every single thing that I've ever said?" Conrad said to me making me stop smiling.

God, this is terrible.

"Get over yourself Connie, not everything revolves around you." I said to him with a small scoff.

Even though I would've said something differently like,

'yes, I do memorize every single freaking word since I'm madly in love with you.'

But I didn't.

"Conrad, your the one that said that-that smoking is dumb. And that the real athletes don't put shit in their bodies." I told him as he looked up at me.

"I said a lot of stuff, and I'm not and athlete anymore, so..." Conrad said making me roll my eyes at him before going underwater and began to swim.

After I got out I began to swam towards where Conrad was sitting and pulled myself up.

"Well, I think you should quit." I said softly to him.

"What'll you give me if I do?" Conrad asked me with a small smirk creeping up. God, it's hard not to fall for him.

"What do you want?" I asked him softly as I looked into his eyes, before I began to laugh,

"I think you should quit for yourself, Connie," I said to him ruffling his hair.

"Hey, why are you considering this debutante thing?" Conrad asked me making me sigh.

"I mean, why not. It's sound fun-ish, and plus your mother asked me so I will. And my mom wants to go dress shopping with your mom." I said to him shrugging my shoulders since I didn't think it's a big deal.

"And plus, it's not like I have things going on."

"But it's not you. Don't let my mom make you her little doll just because she never had a daughter." Conrad said to me making bite my inside cheek.

"She's not making me, if I want to be a debutante I will, and I'm not her little doll like you said. She may not have a daughter, but I'm her daughter and she's like a second mother to me. So I will do this for her." I said to him.

I wasn't trying to sound rude or anything but it's the truth I'm doing this because I want to, not because Susannah is making me.

"But sometimes I wish Susannah was my mother." I said truthfully.

"Your better off with Andrea. Trust me." Conrad said making me shake my head.

"Why are you acting so different?" I asked him and he just simply shook his head.

"I'm not." He said to me making me scoff.

"Dude, I know you. I mean, something's going on. Just- tell me." I said to him feeling my eyes soften and my voice to as he looked at me straight into the eyes.

The eyes, I always get lost into.

"Livy-," he said but he was cut off when the back door open revealing, Steven, Jeremiah, and my brother.

"First bonfire of the summer!" Jeremiah said with excitement along with the others.

A bonfire?

"All right, we're totally taking my car." Jeremiah said to them making my brother laugh.

"Nope, we're definitely taking my baby." He said making me roll my eyes.

"Come on, man, we're leaving. You ready?" He asked Conrad.

"Can I come?" I asked making my brother speak up.

"Uh, no." He said making me roll my eyes.

"Just because dad told you to come and watch me doesn't mean you have to control where I go." I said to him crossing my arms.

"The hell I do, your my sister." he said to me making me laugh.

"So now, I'm your sister, huh? You don't care what I really do. So just stay out of my way and I stay out of yours." I said to my brother before I stood up and grabbed my towel and walked away from the boys.

Why does he have to be here?

ˁ῁̮ˀ

How do you guys like this chapter?
Comment what u think!
New TikTok @stilesstilinskiibaee.wp
See ya, lovers.

Don't be a quiet reader!!

Xoxo 😘.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro