3 ~ Do i know you?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Cara

A month later

My vision was blurred by the sight of a white light as I slowly opened my eyes to find myself in a place that wasn't quite familiar to me.

As my messy brown locks laid underneath my forehead untangled and wild as I felt a strange cloth wrapped over my head.

I quickly wiped my hair out of my face once I could  clearly see again. A huge urge of anxiety took over me. At that fact that I had discovered that I didn't know where I was or why I was there fucking in the first place.

A massive pain spared through my body from top to bottom and top to it all off my head felt like it was knocked on by a hammer and my legs couldn't make a single movement.

What the fuck is happening to me?

I was sudden startled by a young woman with a friendly face who appeared into the room stood before me.

She had ivory skin, dark thick eyebrows, mid short length dark brown hair and sparkling crystal blue eyes.

Being in this place didn't really suit her looked like she could've have worked somewhere more glamorous then in this dull white walled room.

"Good morning Miss Ramsey, how are you feeling?" She asked curving a warm grin upon her lips. "My name is Nurse Em"

"Miss Ramsey?" I uttered in completely disbelief lifting my brows feeling nothing but befuddled by her comment. "Whose Miss Ramsey?"

I'm not related to Gordon Ramsey I'am I?

Em nervously bit on her lower lip, wide eyed and fidgeting with her fingertips. "You're Miss Ramsey"

I looked up at her if she had lost her mind. "You were admitted here a month ago because you had a serious car accident"

Bearing the ache in my body I tried to lift myself up in bed trying to process what exactly had been told to me.

Em helped me by fluffing out my pillow, carefully using her hands to flip up in the bed making so that I was now sitting up.

"Does that feel better now?" Em asked resting both her hands against her waist as her mouth turned upwards into a relaxed smile.

I yawned covering my hand over my mouth and nodded. "Thank you, Em. I feel much better now thank you. but I feel really tired for some right" A huge tingling sensation etched my temple making me unable to concentrate.

"That's because you were in coma for a month after being in a serious car accident" Em informed me shifting her mood from being euphoric to sincere in her tone of voice and overall body
language.

My eyelids glistened with tears and my my cheeks burned red with frustration. "Wait there must be a mistake?" I cried out flaring my nostrils.

"I couldn've have been in a coma what the hell are you talking about!"

Em reassured me reminding as calm as she possibly could. "It is a lot to take in. But with the right treatment you will be back on your feet in no time"

"Look I don't what you're playing at but I have to get out of this shit hole!" I curled my fists up into a  ball wobbling my lips as tears fell down my cheeks.

"Miss Ramsey I have to advise you that I think it's best if you stay in bed" Em's lips quivered stood in a stiff posture as I watched her make large steps towards my bedside.

I whipped off the cotton clean bed covers over my legs as the burning sensation in my head had returned with vengeance.

Em froze up in the corner against a wall before she ran out of the room in utter panic.

Slowly swinging myself out of bed I had made it onto my feet. But I couldn't stand up for long. I quickly lost my balance and crumbled to the floor softly sobbing.

In an attempt to lift myself back into bed. I tried to crawl on my hand and knees to help steady my balance.

But even that seemed an impossible task to do.

The numbness in my body took over as the room's surroundings started to spin if I was on a rollercoaster at Trope Park.

I heard the sound of loud footsteps emerge towards me.

Before I could get a look at the mysterious figure my body twitched and shacked then became rigid altogether.

After a few minutes I had regained consciousness without any clue what had happened.

Looking over my shoulder I stared into a pair of peering ocean blue eyes belonging to another person who I assumed also worked in this awful place alongside Nurse Em.

"What happened?" I asked the blue eyed male stranger who sat with me on the floor.

He had short light brown boyish hair and beige skin. He was dressed smartly in his pressed white buttoned down shirt, An Oxford brown sweater vast, dark trousers and shoes, all underneath a white lab coat.

"You were having a seizure" He told me straightforward, as his eyes glistened in sincere.

"You may not remembering having it but that's a completely normal side effect"

I curved a small smile across my lips twirling the back of my long chocolate brown locks. Placing my hand over my mouth in an attempt to hide my sudden shyness etched all over my face.

"What's your name, Doctor...?"

"Holden" He said with a bright sparkle in his eyes, clearing his throat. "Luke Holden"

"Have we met before?" My brows raised in a upwards motion trying to figure out where I could place him from.

But I just couldn't think where. Or maybe this was a side effect from the seizure or my alleged car accident.

"Hey let me help you back into bed" Doctor Holden kindly offered standing up to hold my hand as he watched me slowly get on my feet.

He wrapped his other hand around my waist to help keep me steady then gently lifted me back into bed in one piece, throwing the bed covers back against my legs to keep me warm.

"Thank you, Doctor Holden" I chimed sitting up in bed letting a small yawn out of my lips.

"You are very welcome, Miss Ramsey" He grinned a malarious grin, feeling quite proud of himself.

Which was truly adorable.

If I may say so.

"Now normally I would give you some medication to stop the side effect of your seizure" He dig his hand in one of his pockets while fully concentrating on me.

"But because it only lasted a few minutes. I would  highly recommend you that you should get some rest so you can fully recover"

I hummed on the verge falling asleep but blinked multiple times to keep my eyes open.

"Hey"

"Yes, Miss Ramsey?" Doctor Holden replied fidgeting with his lab coat. "What would you like to ask me?

"It's just that" I took a deep breath gaining some courage as a tight lump appeared in my throat, now not remembering whatever I was going to tell him.

"Oh never mind, Doctor Holden I've forgotten it now"

Why did my stupid fucking head had to go and ruin it for me, eh.

Forming simple words in my head is now a difficult task for me.

I.

Hate.

My.

Fucking.

Life.

Doctor Holden's expression soon shifted as he grabbed a notebook out of the lower pocket from inside his lab coat along with a inked black pen.

"Do you know where you are?" He queried taking down his notes. "Does this place seem familiar to you?"

I frowned at him and rolled my eyes in pure annoyance. "No I don't know" An irritated scoffed escaped out of my lips.

Doctor Holden dropped his notebook inside his pocket. "I have something really important I have to do right quick"

"Are you serious!" I curled my fists against the bed's mattress utterly furious. "Where are you going?"

"I'll go find Nurse Em!" The blue eyed doctor turned on his heels dashing out of the room as quickly as he could.

Leaving me on my alone and stuck in this bed unable to walk or think for myself.

"Doctor Holden!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro