Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

" BUT WHAT IF WE WERE? "

it was the last weekend of the play and ricky had been doing a fantastic job and kendall made sure the boy knew it. by the end of the play kendall was sitting alone in the gym, watching the stage crew move out all the props.

"you okay?" ricky sat down next to the girl and the blonde smiled, looking at him.

"you were just amazing up there." she commented. "you need to definitely be a part of the spring musical."

ricky chuckled, "i don't know. one musical might have been enough for me."

"please?" she fake pouted. "what if i auditioned with you?"

he thought about it for a few seconds before a smile formed on his face and he nodded. "deal."

the two rose from their seats and made their way out of the gym. ricky had driven that day and of course kendall didn't mind. her mom was using the car that weekend anyway. as they made their way into the hallway ashlyn approached them. "hey guys! we're having a cast party at my place. you guys should definitely come!"

"but i'm not part of the play..." kendall trailed off, looking over at ricky.

"that's okay! you've been such a big support for ricky and the rest of us. we want you to be there."

"definitely." kourtney stood next to ashlyn. "It's going to be so much fun."

nini approached the four and put on a smile. "what are we talking about?"

"we're trying to get ricky and kendall to come to the cast party." ashlyn explained and turned to kendall with a pleading look. "it's the last one of the semester, please?"

"come on," ricky nudged the blonde. "you'll be part of the cast in the spring anyway. might as well start partying with us now."

"you're trying out for the spring musical?" ashlyn questioned with wide eyes. "can you sing?"

"a little." kendall shrugged her shoulders.

"shut up," ricky scoffed, turning to ashlyn. "she's amazing."

"you've heard her sing before?" nini questioned.

"yeah," ricky nodded. "she's got a voice on her." he smiled at the blonde.

kendall playfully rolled her eyes and turned to ashlyn. "we'll be at the cast party."

she felt ricky grab her hand and begin dragging her away from everyone. "we don't have to go if you don't want to." he whispered and the blonde only smiled.

"it's fine; we can go." she dragged them back over to the three girls as they stood talking about god knew what. "we're going."

"yay!" ashlyn smiled, clapping her hands. she turned to ricky. "you know where i live. we'll see you guys there."

she turned to walk away and kourtney did also, but kendall watched as nini looked down at her and ricky's connected hands. kendall quickly let go and ricky gave her a look of disappointment before realizing why she had done it. "well," nini started, pursing her lips. "see you guys there." she walked away and kendall turned to ricky.

"she still likes you."

he shrugged his shoulders. "she's with ej."

"i don't think she's happy with him." kendall frowned, looking off at the brunette who stood awkwardly next to ej.

"that sucks." he frowned, looking down at the shorter girl. she wasn't much shorter, but she did have to stand on her toes to be eye level with the boy.

the two made their way out of the school and over to ricky's car, deciding to get some food before they went over to ashlyn's house. they settled on a restaurant that was close to her house and ate quickly before ricky paid (which kendall fought with him about for a good ten minutes).

by the time they arrived to ashlyn's everyone was already there, including miss. jenn and ricky's dad. kendall hadn't officially met the man yet and now that she was standing in front of him in the house she felt nervous. she froze in her spot and ricky noticed, turning to look at the girl with a frown.

"what's wrong?"

"your dad's here." she stated. "i've never officially met him yet. i guess i'm just a little nervous."

"don't be." she smiled. "my dad's cool."

the introduction went a lot smoother than kendall thought and they were joking about ricky in no time causing the boy to excuse himself to grab himself a drink. mr. bowen looked at kendall and smiled. "thank you for everything you're doing with ricky." he said quietly. "he hasn't been this happy in months and it's really nice to see the continuous smile on his face again."

"no problem." kendall gave him a smile. "ricky's a special kid."

"he is." mr. bowen nodded in agreement. "he really likes you."

the blonde smiled. "i really like him too."

"are you guys... dating?" he was unsure of whether it was okay to ask or not.

kendall shook her head. "no, we're not."

"not what?" ricky handed a drink to kendall and his dad before opening his own. he took a long sip, waiting for a response and mr. bowen only shook his head with a smile.

"nothing; just making some small talk."

ricky shrugged his shoulders and smiled at kendall before mr. bowen excused himself to chat with miss. jenn. "what were you really talking about?" he asked the blonde and kendall laughed.

"he asked if we were dating."

"oh." he looked over at where his dad stood. "what did you say?"

"um," she laughed again. "i said no? we're not dating, right?"

"right." he nodded. "but what if we were?"

kendall rose an eyebrow. "are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

ricky thought about it for a second before nodding again. "yeah, i think i am."

kendall smiled, "sure, ricky."

"cool." he smiled wide, leaning over to press a kiss to the girl's cheek. "cool." he repeated before draping an arm around the girl.

kendall found herself looking around the room and her eyes met nini's who was already looking in her direction. man, if looks could kill... kendall would be far gone. kendall offered her a smile and though nini tried to return it, it turned more into a scowl than a smile.

"nini really doesn't like me." kendall pointed out and ricky looked at the brunette.

"i think you're right." he said. "i think she does still like me."

"yeah." kendall pursed her lips.

"too bad." he shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. "i already have a girlfriend."

"shut up." she laughed lightly and nudged him. "i hate you."

"you like me." he sung, teasing the girl.

"yeah," she smiled up at him. "i do."

thank you so much
for 2k reads! it
means a lot to me!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro