Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

" I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU THOUGHT I'D GO BACK TO NINI. "

it was new year's eve and kendall stood in front of her mirror admiring the outfit she had on. "i like it." hannah commented from where she sat on kendall's bed and the blonde shook her head.

"it's not good enough." she marched over to her closet and looked for something else.

"maybe wear that sweater ricky got you for christmas?" hannah suggested and kendall hummed before shaking her head.

"i wore that the other day. it's still in my laundry." she groaned, rummaging through her clothes. "it's gotta be perfect."

"ricky likes you in sweats, dude. you can wear whatever you want." hannah stated.

the blonde pulled out a striped crop top and a pair of high waisted jeans. she quickly stripped, not caring that hannah was in the room, and put the outfit on before standing in front of the mirror again.

"okay, that's cute." hannah said. "i say that's the outfit."

"me too." kendall nodded. "i would wear ricky's sweater, but like i said, it's dirty. don't wanna wear dirty clothes." she bummed as she sat down at her desk and started to apply a small amount of makeup. she never really went all out and hannah had once said that was something she liked about her.

"what time is ricky picking us up?" hannah questioned as she scrolled through her phone.

"i'm not sure. i'll have to text him." kendall reached for her phone, seeing a notification pop up notifying her that nini had updated her relationship status. she wasn't sure why it even gave her the notification, but she clicked on it anyway and her eyes widened. "nini and ej broke up?"

"what?" hannah was just ask shocked.

"i'm surprised you didn't know about this. aren't you one of her best friends?" kendall looked back down at her phone. "what if she tries to get in the way of ricky and i's relationship? we've only been dating for a little while." she frowned deeply and hannah felt sympathetic.

"ricky likes you, kendall. you have nothing to worry about." she assured the blonde and kendall nodded before turning back to finish her look. she brushed through her hair and teased it a bit before looking at the finished look in the mirror. she had forgotten to test ricky, but ironically received a message from him notifying the girl that he would be there with big red in under five minutes."

"do i look good?" kendall asked, suddenly nervous because of finding out this news.

"you look great, ken." hannah assured her once more before the two headed downstairs to where her mother sat in the kitchen.

"you two look very nice." trish commented. "please just let me know if you're staying out and don't drink too much—i know you'll be drinking." she pointed a finger at the girl and kendall nodded in understanding before hearing a honk outside.

"you ready?" kendall asked hannah and the brunette nodded, following kendall out the door once they had said goodbye to trish.

big red was already sitting in the backseat so kendall could sit in the passenger one and the girl thanked him once she was in. "hi." ricky smiled, leaning over to press a kiss to her cheek.

"hey." she responded with a smile also and said her hello's to big red in the back before buckling her seatbelt as ricky pulled away from her house.

she still hasn't kissed ricky and she wasn't sure if he was upset about it or was fine with it, knowing it would happen when the time was right. it was something she thought about every time he kissed her cheek or she would kiss his. maybe that night would be the night? with it being a new year and all.

when they arrived to ashlyn's house where she was hosting, yet again, a party, they all climbed out and headed inside. it consisted of mostly cast members from the play, but other students from east high were there too. kendall laced her fingers with ricky's as they wandered through the house, not wanting to lose him. the boy wasn't complaining as a wide smile was spread across his face. he liked holding her hand a lot.

kendall tilted her head towards ricky as they stopped at the drink table where nini stood and she wondered if he knew that she was single again or how he would react if he found out. what if he wanted to get back together with her? it only seemed right; they were meant to be together.

nini walked off without noticing the two and kendall pursed her lips, thanking ricky as he handed her a red solo cup filled with god knows what; she didn't see him make the drink. "did you hear about nini and ej?" she blurted out and the boy furrowed his eyebrows at her, taking a sip of his drink.

"what?"

"nini and ej broke up." she stated and she watched ricky's face closely to see his reaction.

"really?" he asked, showing no expression. "that sucks for them." he sipped his drink again and looked around the room before looking back at kendall with a smile on his face. she looked dumbfounded as she wasn't expecting that type of reaction. "what?"

"i don't know." she shook her head. "i guess i was just expecting a different reaction."

"how was i supposed to react?" he questioned and it made kendall shrug her shoulders.

"i don't know. i just figured you'd be thrilled and want to jump back into her arms, i guess."

"why would i want that?" he asked, giving my hand a squeeze. "i'm with you and you're all i want; not her, not anyone else."

"really?" she sounded hopeful.

ricky smiled and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "really." there was a comfortable silence between them before he laughed. "i can't believe you thought i'd go back to nini."

"i'm sorry, okay? i guess i got a little jealous of your guys' history and i didn't know how you truly felt about me." she frowned.

"well," he smiled at her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear with his free hand that was no longer holding hers. "i like you a lot and there's nothing anyone could do to change that." she pressed a kiss to his cheek and he started to blush.

the two hung out with hannah, ashlyn, and big red for a majority of the party until there was one minute left for the ball to drop and it was a new year. kendall found herself at the drink table again, refilling her cup for probably the fifth time. she was a little tipsy, but knew what was happening around her.

everyone started counting down from ten and she looked around for ricky, wondering where the boy was. she hasn't seen him in a few minutes and a frown formed on her face as she thought about the possibility of him being with nini. as she looked around for the brunette she saw her arguing with ej in the corner of the room and a sigh of relief washed over her face when she didn't she ricky there.

"three, two, one." she heard softly in her ear and felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist from behind. he pressed a kiss to her cheek before she spun around to face him. "sorry, i was in the bathroom." he gave her a smile. "happy new year."

she only smiled at him, feeling the light buzz in her head. she stood on her toes and pressed a kiss to his lips, causing him to grab her face and not let her pull away. there lips molded together and they kissed for a solid minute before pulling apart and ricky smiled at her.

"wow." he whispered, staring into her eyes.

she let out a small laugh and looked up at the boy. "wow."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro