Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

" I MET SOMEONE. "

kendall sat down at the table with her mom, nerves going crazy as she watched the older lady fumble for the right words. she knew this was it. this was where she had to say goodbye to everyone and move away again. it wasn't the first time her mom had difficulty telling her that they had to leave. though, this was the longest they had been in one spot since she was twelve.

ricky was on his way over to hang with the blonde when her mom had called her down to tell her some news, as she claimed. she knew as soon as the boy got here she would cry her eyes out to him and have to say her goodbyes because she wouldn't want to show her face at school the following day to say goodbye to everyone else. it would only make leaving much harder.

"i—" trish pursed her lips. here it was. the end of something good. "i met someone."

kendall's eyes widened and she stared at her mom in confusion. "what?"

"i met someone." she repeated and the blonde only smiled.

"are you serious? that's it?"

"yes?" she wasn't sure why kendall was so happy.

"i thought you were about to tell me we were moving again." she let out a sigh of relief.

trish shook her head quickly. "no, no. this is permanent until at least when you leave for college, i promise."

"so you've met someone?" kendall was intrigued. "who is he?"

"his name is henry." she stated as she closed her laptop in front of her. "i met him at work."

"is he nice?" kendall questioned. "i mean, obviously he's nice if you're interested in him."

"he's got a daughter in college." trish continued. "he really wants to meet you."

"okay." kendall smiled. "set it up." she heard the doorbell and quickly rose from her chair. "can ricky come too?"

"of course." her mom smiled and the blonde only smiled wider as she made her way to the front door to let the boy in.

he immediately engulfed her in a hug and pressed a kiss to her cheek before he pulled away to look at the girl. "hi." he greeted.

"hi." she responded with the same smile still spread on her face. "are you hungry? my mom just finished making chicken and rice. it's still warm."

"sure." he nodded, following the blonde to the kitchen. the two made plates and joined trish in the dining room. "hi, trish."

"hey, ricky. how are you?"

"pretty good." he smiled at her. "my dad wanted me to thank you again for hosting dinner the other night." he said it was delicious."

"tell him thank you." trish responded. the three ate around the table and talked more about henry. "how about your dad? how is his girlfriend?"

"ms. j—i mean, jenn, is awesome." ricky smiled. "i haven't seen my dad this happy since my mom. i'm really happy for him."

"what about your mom?" kendall questioned. "have you talked to her recently?"

"i talked to her this morning, actually." ricky nodded. "she's good. her boyfriend is good."

"good." trish smiled at the boy. "that's good."

the rest of the meal was eaten in a comfortable silence and when they were finished ricky and kendall made their way into the living room and sat in front of the piano. she played a song, humming the lyrics, and when she finished she turned to ricky with a smile.

"you're so talented." the boy complimented and pressed his forehead against hers. she smiled at him and leaned forward, pressing a kiss to his lips. "i like that you kiss me now."

"shut up." she chuckled. "did you hear what the spring musical is?"

"no," ricky shook his head. "what is it?"

"high school musical two." she chuckled. "how unique, right?"

"who are you trying out for?"

"probably kelsi." she shrugged her shoulders. "i definitely don't want to steal nini's spotlight and try out for gabriella."

"you'd totally nail gabriella." he commented.

"you better be trying out for troy again." she gave him a look and he smiled.

"who else would i try for?"

"positive attitude." she smiled. "i like it."

"ej is gonna be pissed again if i get it." he chuckled.

"it's not your fault you're so talented." she shrugged her shoulders. "don't let him get in your head. you're amazing, ricky."

"thanks, babe." he nudged her and she playfully rolled her eyes at him.

"let's go watch a movie."

"ya know," ricky started as they headed up the stairs. "we watch movies a lot."

"is that a problem?" she rose an eyebrow at him.

"no." he shook his head. "i was just stating."

"it's my turn to pick the movie this time." she smiled at him.

"no chick flicks." he whined as he laid on her bed.

she grabbed the fire stick remote and went on hulu, settling for a action movie so ricky wouldn't fall asleep while watching. the two laid in the bed, watching the movie for a good hour before ricky turned to look at the blonde.

"why are you staring at me?" she questioned, turning to look at him.

"you're just really pretty." he smiled. she rolled her eyes at him and turned to face the movie again. "really," he continued. "you're gorgeous. i'm so lucky to have you."

she smiled at him and leaned over to press another kiss to his lips. "i'm lucky to have you too."

"let's go on a date on friday." he suggested.

"what for?" she rose an eyebrow.

"no reason." he shrugged his shoulders. "i just wanna take you out."

she laughed, "okay, sounds good."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro