Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hey happy new year...
__

Ragini's pov

I smiled sweetly as I tried to cover my lie up. His expression fixed on me was a mixture of shock and horror but he also have quite the sympathy for me. Thank God he wasn't Sahil else he would have gone off on me. Sanskar came with boxes in his hand and Mr Gupta (Nikhil) too so that I could not see their faces..

"Sanskar.." I hesitatingly mumbled catching his attention. His face never brightened on Laksh or me. Picking up the lack of courage I had, I resume "This is Laksh, our neighbour"

"This is nice to meet you I never expect Ragu to get a roommate" Laksh admitted trying to soften Sanskar.
Though, no amount of smile would break his apathy, in fact I reciprocated with a frown. This was a make it or break it moment for Sanskar and Laksh to get along. But somehow just by looking at his expression, I could tell Sanskar was unconcerned about his first impression..

"Me neither" I heard Sanskar grumble, then blew the hair out of his face. He was growing impatient which was Laksh's clue to leave.

"Well, I'll see you later then Ragu, call me if you need any help" Laksh said worriedly and shoved his hands into his pockets. I was the only one who can translate what he means. Laksh was suspicious of Sanskar even if I made the excuse of Sanskar being my cousin.

My thoughts were cut short when the entrance to the elevator dinged and I turned to see Sanskar, as he held the door for me silently, a little impatience tented his face. I took a breath and walked inside the small compartment.

The ride up was just as stiff as we were in the open,but this time the tension I was building up between the two of us grew larger with Mr Gupta's presence. It was because of him we didn't have a conversation - or at least that was what I thought was keeping our mouths shut.

"Thanks for all the help, Mr Gupta" I gave the courtesy to the doorman as he left my- well - our apartment with a tip of 100 rupees tip. He wore a tired smile but nonetheless nodded. The door closed slowly and softly mostly because I didn't want to face Sanskar, he was being cold for his first day with me. And I thought it was going to be me who was the quiet one. My eyes swallowed the room, it was nothing like I left in the morning. I told Mr Gupta this morning to open my door to Sanskar and I didn't come home until now, but to be truthful, I regret it. I could not even see where the couch was. After a little while of staring I found Sanskar nowhere to seen. Did he used his shadow powers and escaped?? Did he back out because that would be great?

"Sanskar?" I heard him distantly say his location and I walked down the hallway then into the newly occupied room. I used to think this room was spacious but now it's filled with cardboard boxes, I see that it wasn't. Though what I not surprised was that he chose his room theme to be grey and black. Of course, it suited him and I don't know otherwise. I was about to call his name again before he appeared behind one of the boxes pulling out a grey comforter. "Seems to me, you are using your time wisely"

"And you thought otherwise because?" He elongated his words dripped with mock. A dark light sparked from inside him and I began to doubt why I even agreed to this. But then I remember, I didn't asked, I was forced.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro