33 : Always Yours

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Karn immersed deep into the pool of thoughts..The subjugation of a place using battalion is not something which can be resolved in haste..It needs the finest strategic plannings and groundwork..

" conquest? This soon, it's been only a few days since I ascended the throne dhuryodhan.."
Keeping his thoughts aside, karn questioned.. dhuryodhan nodded positively..

" Yes , indeed Bhrata..A king who ascended the throne has the authority to behest his commander in chief for a conquest.. it is essential for both you and our kingdom..Arjun is a warrior, he'll comprehend the solemnity "
Dhuryodhan reasoned while karn also felt his words has a sense..now he has commenced his reign and this is the high time that he should think about extending his kingdom..

Soon, exhaling a deep breath karn replied as if in reverie..
" Fine, that's a great decision..By this way our kingdom will also expand and I could get some moments to share with her alone.."

Dhuryodhan left karn's chamber with a smirk as his plannings are continuously hitting his target..

•••••••••••*•••••••••••

The grandeur court room of hastinapur witnessed the commencement of a new court session with panduputra karn being the king..post to certain consultations, chief minister vidur announced..

" Honourable ministers and noble men,
As a new king has ascended into the throne , our kingdom needs an expansion..As per our sources ,we become acquainted that some external military forces are reigning over the countries that situated on the eastern side .. hence ,the kingdom decided to proceed for a conquest under the headship of commander in chief prince Arjun , next week.."

Arjun's warrior heart abounded with delight..As a warrior,he had attained many triumphs , vanquished numerous kingdoms but , this is his maiden conquest as a commander in chief..He came forward and obeisanced infront of his brother..A wide grin adorned his countenance..

Post to the court session, dhuryodhan met Arjun outside and commented
" Hail the commander in chief of Hastinapur, Be careful, return with victory and Bring glory to the country..now it's in your hands.. prince Arjun.."

Dhuryodhan 's teeth gritted as Arjun glanced sharply into his orbs and quipped
" By almighty's grace, Hastinapur will attain glory.."

" Oh everything is almighty's grace..Then what about you Arjun? don't you have confidence in your own skills that you reliance on Almighty? "
Dhuryodhan interrogated with derision..scorn reflected in each words he spoke..

"Bhrata dhuryodhan,first enlighten yourself that skills never alone brings victory.. modesty and grace brings along with it brings victory.."
Arjun simply answered enraging dhuryodhan..but concealing it,he nodded and Arjun departed to his arsenal with high spirits, to convey this news to his Army..

" Hm..Let your almighty bring victory to you Arjun and I'll bring destruction into you and your brother's lives.."
Dhuryodhan whispered with a smirk and rage blazing inside his orbs..

The day was both hectic and jovial for Arjun as he was so much exhilarated for the conquest..But since morning itself, his Archer eyes perceived her absence.. During the evening veneration at the palace temple too, he discovered her absence and shared the same about Nakul..But their attempts to find the cause went futile..

•••••••••••*••••••••••

The silvery beams of cresent moon that shone on the dark sky greeted Arjun as soon as he set his foot outside his mansion..
He slyly paced through the dark corridors aiming his beloved's chamber..Ever since she rescued queen mother kunti from the assassin attempt,she held a special place in kunti's heart and hence it resulted in conferring her a special chamber which was honestly a blessing for their furtive meetings..
His heart yearned to get a momentary glance of his princess and to state how much he missed her..He inhaled a deep breathe as he reached near her window and enthusiastically peeped inside the chamber to see only darkness..
His brows rumpled in befuddlement..The lamps were extinguished and the bed lay vacant..worst thoughts gyrated his heart..his palms and temples dampened with sweat..
To whom will he asked about his wife at the middle of the night?
Should he ask nakul ?

After a moment,he reminiscenced someone who can help him now..
His legs involuntarily accelerated its haste , aiming to his sister dussala's mansion..

Dussala constantly smiled as her quill glided smoothly over the parchment, imprinting the words of her heart.. writing letters furtively to her beloved, accompanied with the serenity of night was something which she loved the most..Out of sudden, she got alarmed
when her handmaid made her way into the chamber and informed..

" Hail Her highness, His highness Prince Arjun has behested you to be present outside the mansion immediately "

Dussala's brows escalated as she heed the behest.. without thinking twice,she exited her chamber to meet her beloved brother..As soon as she stepped out of her mansion, she perceived Arjun approaching her with agitation..

" Dussala,dear do you know where draupadi is? She is not in her chamber"
Arjun fidgetingly asked without any preamble.. dussala strove not to laugh..she scrutinizingly restrained her guffaw and articulated

" Bhrata please don't get agitated.. bhabhisree is staying at the hut behind the palace and.."
Prior to complete the words ,she perceived his figure retreating into the darkness...

Arjun sprinted aiming the back premises of the palace.. usually, senitals are very less at this place and Arjun wondered what made her reslove to stay here..There at a distance,she saw a few thatched huts with two senitals safeguarding them..Arjun deliberately avoided them from there reasoning that eastern direction needs more security..

Arjun took a momentary glance to find only Deep silence and endless darkness.. taking a fire lamp in his hands,he peeked through the small window of the first hut he saw but unfortunately there were no one..At the second one, he saw a lady figure lying on a rug..he scrutinizingly moved the fire lamp closer to get the glimpse of her visage..and there he found his beloved, the lamp of panchala Dynasty, in her deep sleep..A deep sigh escaped from his lips and smile bloomed there as soon as he saw her but immediately his happiness switched to solicitude..

What made her stay here?

Arjun slowly opened the door and sat down on the frigid floor beside her and glanced at her sleeping figure..her drooped eyelids and pouted lips made his smile broader...A simple red saree enwrapped her petite frame and her untamed tresses pervaded over the frigid floor like a turbulent river gushing down through the valleys..Her visage which held the capability to bring even celestial men down on their knees looked pale,yet it radiated an indelible glow.. Instead of sandal , today her body emitted the fragrance of turmeric along with the enchanting aroma of her blue lotus...
Why? He wondered..
slowly,he blew the air from his mouth over her face, stirring her..her lips twitched up to form a smile in sleep and Arjun couldn't restrain himself from letting his lips touch over her forehead..With that , draupadi bounced up succeeding by a loud gasp..she glanced at Arjun in aghast..

" Arya..! What are you doing here.. you're not supposed to come here.."
She whispered glancing around anxiously..Arjun smiled and asked

" What's wrong in that dear..and why are you here...I was missing you..What wrong have I done that you have deprived me of your presence ,krishnaa?"
Arjun interrogated, rather complained and draupadi nodded negatively..

" You have not done anything wrong Arya..please try to comprehend,I'm not permitted to enter into the palace and temple for the next five days.."
Draupadi asserted, glancing down and Arjun comprehended the context of the words..At his childhood,he wondered to where his mother and other women in palace suddenly disappear for quite few days..he endeavoured several times to find the answer but he got answered at the age of adolescence..He reminisced the words his guru told them about the most important stage of a girl's life..
A benediction that almighty bestowed only to woman..
From the text and scripts that he studied about human anatomy, this is considered as one of the most fragile stage of the woman that she passes through.. during this time, she necessitates nurture and care.. nevertheless, the public always treat her as an abandoned sapling, devoid of appropriate care and affection.. civilizations is evading them as if they have some epidemic..
clothe in a single saree , She was resting her brittle frame over the frigid floors enduring the pain, just because she's considered as impure during this phase..

Arjun glanced at draupadi..she looked weary and anaemic..she strove to smile but the stinging ache grappled the bottom of her abdomen and cramps made her bite her inner cheeks..His eyes dampened..

" It hurts a lot.. isn't it?"
He asked in a soothing voice , placing his palms over hers but draupadi immediately withdrew her hands back anxiously..

" Arya..no.. you're not supposed to touch me or even sit beside me.. you're my husband..you are peer to almighty for me...you shouldn't touch me.."
She stated and Arjun glanced into her orbs.. he entwined his fingers with hers..

" Exactly krishnaa..you are my better half..My ardhangini..my other half..we are supposed to accompany each other in every peaks and valleys of life..so , what's wrong in me attending my better half when she's enduring pain..when she's passing through a fragile stage..?"
Arjun interrogated and drew her towards himself, nestling her inside his arms..he conferred numerous kisses over her forehead making draupadi neglect her agony..

Arjun rested her frame over his sculptured chest and smoothly messaged her forehead..

" Krishnaa..I'm here to inform you something very significant.."
Arjun divulged and draupadi slowly swivelled her head towards him..

" Krishnaa..as the commander in chief of my mother land,I'm setting out for my maiden conquest the next week on the eastern direction.."
Arjun said and behold tests permeating from her brownish orbs..with a tiny smile, Arjun wiped the drops of brine that dampened her cheeks..

" What?! The beloved daughter of Lord Agni, The lamp of brave panchalas , yagyaseni is crying..? Too bad"
Arjun jested..she slightly tweaked his cheeks , earning a cute pout from Arjun and she chuckled..

" No..i won't cry..I'm the better half of gandivdhari.. I'll be with you in all the thicks and things of life.. together we will confront the perils..I'm happy for you..may you return victorious and bring glory to hastinapur.. I'll be awaiting for you.."
Draupadi articulated..her eyes sparkled with delight..he embraced her and pecked her lips..
He messaged her feet and forehead periodically until the goddess of sleep embraced her..Arjun left the hut at the early hours of day,but not before conferring his kisses over her...

••••••••••*••••••••

The one week passed like a gush and soon the time for Arjun's departure arrived.. draupadi stood at the corner of the courtyard beside dussala witnessing her beloved again departing to the combat zone,for his mother land..tears dripped from her cheeks and Arjun nodded at her negatively,not to lose her composure.. After striving hard, finally her eyes gave way to the tears to cascade as his figure vanished from her sight..

Draupadi glanced at the infinite night sky and stood at the garden..Arjun must have crossed the borders..she solicited to her almighty to bring her Arjun back safely...

" Draupadi.."
thwarting her thoughts, she heard a voice from behind and pivoted on her heels to behold the owner of the voice..

" His majesty karna "
An exclamation left her lips as he saw him standing infront of her with a mysterious smirk dancing on his lips..

•••••••••••*••••••••••

Another chapter is here lovelies..
It was super early update so bear with the mistakes..
Please do vote and comment too and most importantly What about your opinion about treating the women in our India during her menstruation days? comment below..

Stay happy
Stay safe 🙏

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro