11/Breaking In

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

We've been in the cabin for a week already. I wish winter break was longer than two weeks.

Everyone is still asleep Saturday morning. I wake up early and go downstairs. It's a mess. I start to clean up. There's a few liquor bottles on the floor. I fold the blankets and sweep the floor. I turn to go upstairs but stop dead in my tracks when I hear glass shatter.

Someone grabs me from behind and holds their hand over my mouth. I try to fight back, but I feel something against my head. A gun. I stop fighting.

"Do what I say and you won't get hurt."
The person lets go of me and points the gun in my back. They push me up the stairs. "Get everyone's wallets."

I nod and a few tears roll down my face. I'm more scared for my friends than I am for myself. The first room is Angelica and Church's room. I open the door. They're both up.

"Laurens what's goin-" Angie says.

"Give him your wallets with everything in them."

The two exchange glances and get their stuff. The man pushes me. "Go get them."
I cautiously walk over to them and bring the wallets back to the man. "Do not leave this room."

We repeat this process with Herc and Laf, Burr and Theo, and Peggy and Maria.
We finally make it to mine and Alexander's room. I say a silent prayer and open the door to see him getting dressed.

"John wha-"

"Alex, listen to me. Get my wallet out of the nightstand and get yours too and give it to me."

He hesitates and the guy moves the gun to my head and cocks it. "Please Alexander."

He gets our wallets out of the nightstand and gives them to me. I give them to the man and he shoves them in his pocket.
"Everybody downstairs now!"

We all go downstairs and stand in the living room on trembling legs. He looks around the living room for other things and finds nothing. He growls and turns around to leave and suddenly we hear a shot go off and the guy falls on the floor. I look around the group and my eyes land on Burr, holding a pistol. Where in the hell did he get it from?

He drops it. "Holy fuck. I just fucking shot somebody." He starts freaking out and Theo tries to comfort him.

Herc kicks the guy on the floor and gets no response. He moves the gun away from him and puts a hand to his wrist. "He has a pulse."

"We should call the police," Theo says.

"And an ambulance," Maria adds.

I look down at his jacket and take our belongings out. As soon as I stand up, I hear another shot from the woods and feel a sharp pain in my side. I put my hand where I felt the pain and look at it. Blood. I collapse to the floor and all I remember is Alexander's face before everything goes black.

Succ

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro