59 (BY ME)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Beta-04 sat on the bed, buttoning up a white blouse, trying to conceal her battle scars that were on her arms and body. She looked out to the afternoon light, but she noticed her refection in the window and sighed as she touched the scars over her brown eye, a mimic to the human skin on her true form which was sitting outside the cabin with Optimus'. Beta was . . . almost against going out in public. Beta bit her lip before she pulled her hair out of the pony tail and began to style it to try and have it fall over the scarring on her face.

"Why can't I just be normal . . .? Even my holo-form is a gossip magnet." she mumbled as she brushed through her uneven, choppy hair.

It wasn't long, before Beta-04 walked out in a white button up blouse, jeans and sneakers. Her hair was out, and a portion of it fell over her brown eye to attempt to cover the scarring. Optimus was standing with the others, dressed in a flame-patterned hoodie, jeans and boots. Nebula was in the outfit she was prior--much to Optimus' disproval--and Smokey was in a white t-shirt with blue and red highlights, khaki shorts and flip-flops.

Ratchet was in a hoodie, khaki shorts and a cap along with glasses, Bee was in a yellow tank top, swim trunks, sandals and a cap, Arcee was in a sun dress and Bulkhead was in a tank top and jeans.

Optimus looked over to her and smiled, "You look wonderful." he said, turning to her.

Beta nodded as Nebula walked over. Beta looked her up and down seeing the her jean shorts were a bit too short for her liking and her tank top was a bit too low. Beta arched a brow before she spoke, "Put on a sweater." she said.

Nebula blinked, "Huh? Why?"

"You're ladies are hanging out." Beta said, pointing to her bust, nearly making Smokey choke as Optimus facepalmed.

"M-Mom!" Nebula shrieks as she covered her chest, "Really?!"

Ratchet rolled his optics, "For Primus' sake . . . " behind him, the kids were laughing hysterically.

After Nebula got a jacket they set out for the nearby carnival. Once there, they agreed to meet at the gate around 8:00 in the evening and the children would stick with their charges. Optimus made it very clear to the Autobots to keep a low profile and not make a scene, just to blend in, learn customs and enjoy themselves.

And with that, they split up.

Beta watched as Nebula and Smokey left, arm in arm. She then sighed and looked around, the lights and sounds somewhat enchanting. She watched the families hustle and bustle, she watched fathers snuggle their young children, teenagers having precious dates. Beta reached up and pulled her hair over the scars on her face and smiled, as she hugged herself. Optimus looked over, and reached a hand out to place it on her arm.

"Are you alright? You seem . . . distant." he said.

Beta sighed, "Oh, I'm fine, love." she rested her head on his shoulder, and exhaled as she nuzzled into him.

Optimus pulled his mate close and walked through the vendors and rested his nose into her hair. His blue eyes lulled shut as he pulled her into his side. Beta chuckled faintly as she held his hand, before something made her look twice. She looked over to see a necklace at a vendor. The man was selling jewelry, and calling out sales offers left and right. Beta-04 stopped in her tracks and looked at the necklace from afar. It was a simple, yet beautiful thing. A blue stone on a black leather cord.

Beta looked down and shook her head. She didn't want to indulge herself so she kept walking. But Optimus didn't walk with her. The mighty Prime watched her, then dashed over to the vendor. He bought the necklace his mate had been looking at with a content smile.

"Buying this for a pretty lady?" the cashier asked as he put the necklace in a bag.

Optimus felt his cheeks flush, "Indeed." he replied, glancing at Beta, who had noticed him, and was staring at him.

The cashier chuckled, and looked over at Beta before he handed Optimus his bag with the necklace, "She's once lucky lady."

Optimus payed the cashier and hummed, "I like to think that I am the lucky one." he said, before he walked over to her.

Beta cocked a brow as she put het hair behind her ear, "What did you do?" she asked, arching a brow.

Optimus took a minute to admire the way Beta-04 looked in the carnivals light. The lanterns, and the cheap strings of lights creating highlights along her hair and giving a twinkle to her eye. Optimus smiled and walked over and pulled the necklace out of the bag,

"I couldn't help but notice." he admitted with a blush.

Beta gasped and chuckled before she bit her lip, "Oh, you didn't have to." she giggled.

Optimus got behind her and put the necklace on, taking a moment to admire her toned neck and skin, "But I wanted to." he turned her to face him, the bustling of the crowd and the cheap music seaming to fade away.

Beta blushed, the necklace's blue stone--some turquoise crystal-- set firmly and perfectly over her heart, "Well?"

Optimus smiled, "You look like an angel." he cupped her cheek, before he spoke, "I love you."

"Love you too." she replied before giggling and pecking him on the cheek, "Come on, let's go."

Optimus smiled and followed.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro