Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The three of them are sitting in a café when Kirstie gets up to go to the bathroom and Avi automatically gets all of Scott's attention.
     "So you're fully awake now, I want answers, or well: an explanation," Scott starts.
     Avi sighs, "Where do you want me to start?"
     "Why are you in New York?"
     He looks down, he wants to share this with as few people as possible, but Scott would probably be one of those eventually so why not now. "I went to rehab," he speaks quietly.
     "Oh," Scott almost asks what for but stops himself with realisation and another "Ohhh."
     "Yeah, Kirstie sort of brought it to my attention how everything is-was," he corrects himself.
     "So rehab for, for your um... sex addiction?"
     Avi nods.
     "And now you're in recovery?" Scott asks.
     Avi nods again.
     "Well Avi, that's really good, I am so proud of you, like you don't even know," the blonde smiles brightly.
     Avi manages to smile too, "Apparently it's all easy after you admit you have a problem, but I gotta say that no sex for six months is not easy, I am itching so bad!" he gets quieter as he speaks.
      Scott nods, "Because of the herpes."
     Avi's eyes widen, "What?"
     He speaks slowly, "You have herpes don't you?" He also keeps his voice low.
     "No!" Avi tries to keep his volume down.
     Kirstie walks back to them, sitting back down in her seat to which the men barely notice.
     "You don't believe what Trisha said about me do you?" Avi asks, hurt.
     "Well I don't know," Scott scratches his neck, "She was right about the sex addiction part," he shrugs.
     "What's going on?" Kirstie asks.
     "Scott believes Trisha over me," Avi speaks before Scott can.
     "Avi, I didn't say that," Scott sighs. "I reckon I know you better than she does, so I don't believe that you're evil or that you used anyone else. I wanted to say something, defend you, but as a group we decided we wouldn't, j-"
     "I've heard that part," Avi keeps his eyes down. "But you believe that I slept with her and lived with her?"
     "I don't know what to believe, why don't you tell me the truth?"
     "What, you actually trust me to do that?"
     Scott ignores his snipe, it is fair enough, "So you don't have herpes, but you do have a sex addiction, which you're recovering from. And I know you smoke weed, or at least you used to, what else?"
     "Used to is right, I haven't since my first day out of rehab, right Kirstie?" He turns to her for confirmation.
     She nods, "Not that I've seen, or smelt," she confirms with a strained smile aimed at Avi
     "Well that's good," Scott adds.
     "Yeah, um," Avi thinks. "I never slept with Trisha; I stayed at her house for two nights, which I suppose if you're delusional you might call it living together. Trisha and I were okay friends, that's why I went there, I left because she made a move on me and I wasn't into her like that, it got awkward. I reckon she didn't like that I turned her down," he shrugs. "Oh, and those were my shoes, I accidentally left them behind in my rush to get out. And quick question, are you able to tell me what a Grammy bag is? Because I don't know."
     "No, I don't know what a Grammy bag is Avi, sorry. But from everything Mitch has told me about Trisha, that sounds accurate, not to mention that around the same time every year she gets wronged by some man that she just has to call out. It's a huge coincidence," Scott speaks sarcastically.
     "Oh, and tell him the theory of where the herpes bit came from," Kirstie taps Avi's arm.
     He hesitates, nods then hesitates again before he finally speaks, "Aleen has it. So um... I think that maybe she called up Trisha and told her that she got it from me and that I'd said that I'd gotten it from Trisha. When in reality I have to assume she got it from some random she hooked up with during our so called "open relationship," Avi rolls his eyes.
     "You had an open relationship?" Scott's eyebrows shoot up.
     Avi's head tips back, "I don't want to have to re-explain that one too!"
     Kirstie shrugs, "From what he told me, it was super complicated," she nods.
     "Well okay then," Scott gives a satisfied smile.

A/N: Does what Avi said sound entirely accurate?

Hannah :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro