Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/N: On with the show.

Kirstie sits in the lunge hearing the lull of Avi's voice from the next room. He's explaining to his parents that he needs to go away for a short while but he couldn't bring himself to tell them why, at least not yet. She knows he's going to keep it vague and she knows they'll be upset. But everything will turn out fine, funny enough the words of Avi Kaplan himself.
     Avi is coming to New York with her where she can keep an eye on him. But for the first month he is going to be in a rehab centre. Kirstie is beyond proud of the steps he's taking at her suggestion. And after the rehab he'll stay with her until she's due to come back to California at the end of her stint on Broadway. By that point Avi should be strong enough to come back into the environment where he'd made bad decisions but focus on his music which he truly loves. But he'll still live with Kirstie because she knows now that she never wants to lose him as a friend again, that and she only fully trusts herself to keep him on the straight and narrow.
     Everything is going to work out, she can feel it. And now she can smile too, especially when Avi walks back into the room. She stands up and pulls him into a tight hug, he squeezes her back. "You can take a shower then we'll be on our way, our flights are tomorrow because the centre wants you there as asap, and you're not getting into my car smelling like this. You're lucky I hugged you. Now go," she gestures over her shoulder with a chuckle.
     "Kirst, I just wanna say thank you, like thank you for caring when no one else seemed to. Thank you for being blunt with me because that was surprisingly helpful. So I'm just saying it for everything you know, thank you," he smiles and they share another tight hug.
     "You're so welcome. But please go and have a shower because I refuse to hug you again until you do," she steps back.
     Avi laughs, "You're the best Kirst." He gives her another warm smile as he leaves the room.
She smiles back, feeling goofy, her stomach all warm, her smile drops. She did not! Repeat, DID NOT Like Avi! Unfortunately her body is telling her something else.

A/N: Short: yes, sorry: also yes. But I have to tell you something, originally the story was going to end here and it was just going to be a long one-shot and then I thought but I can't just leave it there, I can't do that to you guys, have Kirstie feeling like that and not continue. So I have about 100 pages of my notebook filled with sorting this out. I hope you like what's to come ;)

What are your predictions for the coming chapters?

Hannah.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro