Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"If you think that I'm going to trust you with a knife, you're goddamn insane."

Jack pouted. "C'mon, Mark! I just want to help!"

Mark finished cutting the chicken breasts, setting the knife next to the sink. "See? I don't need it."

Jack groaned. "You're no fun."

"I'm just trying to protect you."

"I'm not a child."

"You're a year younger than me."

"Show off." Jack sighed. "Sorry, I'm just bored. I wanna go out and do something."

Mark nodded, putting sauce and seasoning over the chicken and shoving it in the refrigerator. "I know, me too. I want to take you out to town, but... I mean, who knows what other people will think or do?"

"I think it doesn't matter." Jack wrapped his arms around Mark's neck. "It's been two months. The warnings for me have been lifted. If they have a problem with it, then that's their issue. Not ours."

Mark smiled. "You're really brave."

Jack kissed his nose. "Comes from years of being trapped at the lab." The two heard a knock on the door, and Jack let go of Mark. "Go on and get it. I'll be in here."

Mark walked to the front door and opened it to see Matt and Ryan standing outside. He stared at the two for a second before groaning. "Right. I forgot."

Ryan looked at him curiously. "Mark? Are you okay?"

"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine. Listen, we'll have to push back the plans a little bit-"

"Why?" Matt smirked. "Do you have a girl over?"

Mark blushed. "What? No I don't-"

"Dude, let's meet her!" Ryan and Matt pushed their way past Mark and made their way through the house, heading straight for the kitchen first.

Matt stopped short as he saw Jack, sitting on the floor with Chica. "Holy shit, he's alive!"

Jack immediately looked up and grinned. "Hey, guys! It's been a while, huh?"

"Dude, what've you been up to?" Ryan pulled Jack up to his feet to give him a hug.

Jack giggled. "Nothing, really."

Matt stared. "Where're you're wings?"

Jack winced. "They're... gone. The scientists took them."

"Like, surgically?" Jack nodded, and Matt sucked in a breath. "Yikes. I can't believe they did that."

"I'm still getting used to not having the extra weight on my back. So what're you two doing here?"

"We were going to help Mark clean up the place." Ryan looked at Mark, who was rubbing the back of his neck. "We can come back, later, though-"

Jack smirked, an idea forming in his head. "No, it's fine! Mark and I were just talking about going out to town and doing something."

Mark's eyes widened. "No we weren't-"

"Yes we were, shut up. Do you two wanna join us?"

Matt was laughing. "He won't let you out of the house, will he?"

Jack pouted. "You guys are no fun."

Ryan linked arms with Jack. "Why not? Let's all go out."

"Ryan-" Mark tried.

"Shush. Let the child have his fun."

"I'm not that much younger than you three-"

"You're a child."

"Goddammit."

Matt laughed. "Come on, let's go. You could use a change of clothes, anyway."

"Why? What's wrong with my outfit?"

"It's kinda... basic. Looks like you just got out of the hospital."

"I technically did."

"Yeah, but I'm sure you don't want to keep wearing that." Ryan let go of him. "No offense, but it doesn't suit you. You seem like someone who likes things a little more... edgy. Have you ever wanted piercings or a tattoo?"

Jack's eyes sparkled as he smiled, nodding. "Yeah, actually. My friend Felix used to talk about wanting gauges. And his fianceé Marzia draws sometimes, when they let her- she made this really cool design for me, and I've been wanting to turn it into a tattoo."

Ryan turned to Mark, winking. "You scored yourself a good man."

Mark blushed. "Thanks."

Matt pulled on Jack's arm. "Come on, let's go show him around LA!"

Mark took Jack's hand, leading him out the door. "Welcome to my friend group. And welcome to Los Angeles."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro