Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Three months have passed since Jack escaped. Since then, Jack stayed with Mark at his house in LA. Matt and Ryan moved out shortly after Jack arrived, but the two stayed in touch. Jack and Mark spent almost all of their free time together, talking and laughing with each other.

Mark began to suspect he was growing feelings for Jack, but didn't dare to speak up. He didn't want to ruin what the two already had, and wasn't sure what Jack would think or do about it.

Jack wasn't suspecting anything- he knew he had fallen for Mark. It was how is friend described falling in love with his fiancé- the way your heart tugged from their smile, or their laugh, and the way you practically melted when they hugged you. Jack felt it, and he knew he was in love.

Both men were afraid to speak up, especially with the fact that Jack was still wanted in LA. If they were to get together, Mark would want to introduce his fanbase to Jack, but he couldn't. And Jack wanted to explore LA as a couple if they got together, but that also couldn't happen. So the two sat in agony, wanting to tell the other about their feelings, but not being able to out of fear.

Late one night, the two sat on the couch, talking to one another, as always. They had been talking about each other's friends, and how long they've known them.

"Felix was really my only friend, until I met you." Jack had said. "And his fiancé, Marzia. They've been at the lab for about five years now. They're the only other people I met there. They both have telekinesis, but never let it be known until they got engages. That's how they ended up at the lab."

Mark nodded. "I used to have a friend named Daniel. You would've loved him- he was funny, artistic, and just a great guy."

"What happened to him?"

Mark's face fell. "He... passed away."

Jack's eyes widened- he got the implication. "Oh. Mark, I'm so sorry-"

Mark shook his head. "Don't be. I'm getting over it, now. It's not hard to look back, anymore. I can do it. I'm fine."

"Good. That's good." Jack stared at Mark for a long moment, taking in the way the moonlight filtered into the room and fell onto him. Jack took a deep breath. "Have you ever had feelings for someone, but were too scared to speak up about them because you didn't know how the other felt, so you kept your emotions bottled up, hoping that eventually they'll go away?"

Mark smirked. "Sounds kind of specific, Jackaboy."

Jack's heart melted at the nickname- Mark started calling him that a week after he started living with Mark. "You didn't answer the question."

"I guess not. Yes, I have. And it sucks, because you can't talk about it, no matter how badly you want to."

"What would you say to someone who felt like that?"

"I'd tell them to just say it. They'll feel better after they let it out. Why're you asking? Do you have something to say to me?"

"I..." Jack shook his head. "I was just asking."

"Oh... alright."

Suddenly, one of Mark's windows broke as a small orb was thrown inside. Jack stood, walking over to it and picking it up. He looked at it closely for a second before widening his eyes, dropping it and racing to mark, pulling his arm toward the stairs. "We need to go-"

The orb erupted, sending white smoke everywhere. The two coughed as they heard the rest of the windows being smashed and people entering the house. "Get them both." A voice said. Jack felt his wings being bound together and his wrists being forced behind his back before he was pushed forward. He didn't try to resist and guiltily followed the commands, trudging outside and climbing into the back of a white van. Mark appeared next to him, and the doors closed before the van took off.

Mark blinked at Jack. "What's going on?"

Jack carefully and quickly removed his wrists from his binds and turned to Mark, working to remove his. "We're going to the lab."

Mark's eyes were wide. "What? No-"

"We are. And there's no fighting it." Jack wrapped his arms around his legs. "Not this time."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro