Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

When the van stopped, Mark and Jack were forced out of the van and pushed into the large laboratory. They were led to a white, bland room, where they waited for a few minutes before Professor Kelley walked in, a smirk on his face.

"Did you really think w would believe your little lie?" The professor asked Mark, who scowled in return. "We've been keeping tabs on you two, watching you through the cameras we hacked into. You somehow became friends, and you decided to fall for Sean's lies."

"Leave him alone." Mark growled. "He's done nothing."

"Do you even know what Sean is capable of?"

"He's not a bad person. He wouldn't harm anyone."

The professor shook his head. "I wouldn't say that."

He turned to the door, just as another man was pushed in.  He stumbled for a moment before looking up and grinning sadistically. Mark held back the gasp that formed in his throat. The man looked like Jack, but Mark immediately knew he was different- that he wasn't his Jack. There was something darker about him.

Jack growled. "Why is he here?"

"To prove a point." The professor answered.

The man walked up to Jack, standing dangerously close. "Well, hello again!"

Jack took a step backward. "Get him out of here."

The man pretended to be offended. "Wow! You don't want to be around your own brother?"

"You are not my brother." Jack spat at him.

The man turned to Mark and grabbed his chin. "And you replaced me! Cast me aside, for..." He pushed Mark's head away. "Trash." He paused for a brief moment before his grin appeared back on his face. "I can read your thoughts, Jackaboy." Jack froze at the nickname. "This man holds a... special place in your heart. But you never told him. Oh, too bad. I guess he'll never know."

Mark glared at him. "Who are you?"

The man sank into a low bow. "I'm the real Sean. The Sean Jack refuses to be."

"So that makes you his opposite?"

Sean scowled. "His opposite. Very funny, Mark. I'm not his opposite. I'm what Jack could become. I'm the better version of Jack. The more powerful one."

Jack pushed him away. "Get. Out."

Sean huffed. "Fine." He turned on his heel and approached the professor. "The vial you asked for." He pulled a small vial and a needle out of his pocket, handing it to the professor, who took it and nodded before Sean walked out of the room.

The professor stepped toward Mark and Jack, as two more scientists walked into the room. "Right, now that that's over." He held up the vial, and Jack's eyes widened. "We've been wanting to test this on a regular person for some time now. We've already tested this on others, including Sean here, and it's perfectly safe."

The two scientists each grabbed Mark and Jack. They both struggled in their grasps. Jack looked up at the professor with desperate eyes. "Please don't. Not Mark. I'm begging you."

The professor ignored him. "For some, this gave them incredible strength. For others, nothing at all. For Sean... well, you already saw what happened to him."

Mark looked at Jack. "What's happening?"

Jack looked at Mark with sad eyes. "It's the orange liquid. The one that created Sean." His eyes quickly widened again. "Please, no!"

Mark looked back at the professor, who jabbed the needle into Mark's forearm, directly into a vein. He forced the liquid in, and Mark tensed in pain for a moment before dropping to the ground, fainted.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro