Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The four ate their meal, talking amongst each other. Mark and Jack kept glancing at each other, a faint blush on their cheeks, but both kept silent. Marzia kept the conversation alive by asking Jack what he felt about the outside world. Jack seemed giddy and happy to talk, even though Mark could see the exhaustion and unhappiness in his eyes.

Mark and Jack stood up to get rid of their trays at the same time. Mark looked down and noticed Jack's wrists and widened his eyes. He looked across Jack's exposed skin, seeing marks, burns, and bruises, all of which looked recent. "Jack? What happened?"

"Hm?" Jack forced a smile. "What're you talking about?" Mark took one of Jack's wrists, trailing a thumb over a large mark. Jack sighed. "It's my punishment. For escaping."

Mark looked up at his eyes. "What have they been doing to you."

"I'm fine, Mark-"

"If you say that one more Goddamn time, I swear to God I'll smack you." Jack bit his lip. "What have they been doing to you?"

"The scientists call it shock therapy. They always use it on someone after they escape- they strap them to a chair and shock, burn, or cut them."

"Fuck, this place is horrible."

"I know. I've spent my whole fucking life in here."

A scientist approached the two. "You're Mark and Sean, right?" Mark nodded. "Both of you, please follow me."

The two hesitantly followed the scientist out of the cafeteria and to a hallway filled with rooms similar to the one Mark woke up in. They stopped in front of a window and looked inside. Mark forced a gasp down his throat when he saw an almost exact copy of himself inside, lying on the cold stone floor.

"What are we doing here?" Jack growled. "If you think I'm going anywhere near that thing, your insane. He tried to kill me two days ago."

"He what?" Mark asked him.

The scientist only shook his head. "No, neither of you are going inside." He looked behind Jack. "He is."

Mark and Jack both turned to see Sean, smiling at them. "Hello again."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

The scientist let Sean inside, then walked away from the room. The walls were thin, allowing Mark and Jack to listen to everything that was being said inside.

Sean approached the male inside. "Wake up." He kicked the man's foot.

The man rolled his eyes. "I am awake."

Sean tilted his eyes. "Why're you so formal?"

"Why are you such a bitch?"

"Wow. I just met you and you're already mean."

The man sat up, glaring at Sean with his red eyes. "Fuck off."

"What's your problem?"

"You are on everyone's good side in here, and for what reason?"

"The better you act, the sooner you get out of here."

"And how has that worked out for you or anyone else in here?" Sean was silent, and the man laid back down. "Exactly."

"So... what's your name?"

"I do not know. Make something up."

Sean tapped his finger on his chin. "Hm. Well, his name is Mark, so you're going to be Dark."

Dark snarled. "I hate it."

"Good, we're going to keep it." Sean sat next to him. "You know they're here, right?"

"It is not like I can see them through the window." Dark rolled his eyes.

"You know how they feel, right?"

"Yes."

Sean looked up at Jack and grinned. "Think they'll confess soon?"

"Mark already knows."

Sean gasped, turning to Dark. "Really? How?"

"Felix told him before Jack arrived in the cafeteria. And before you ask, they are indeed reciprocated."

Jack's breath hitched in his throat. "Mark? What are they talking about?"

Mark shoved his hands in his pocket. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

Dark's head shot up to stare at Mark. "Just fucking tell the man."

Mark glared back. "Leave me the fuck alone."

Sean smirked at Jack. "Hey, Jackaboy." Jack winced at the nickname, which once again came from the wrong mouth. "Mark loves you, too."

"Nope." Mark's eyes were wide. "I'm leaving. Bye." He walked away from the window.

"Wait, what?" Jack exclaimed. "Mark, hang on." Jack ran to catch up with him, grabbing Mark's hand. "Mark? Really? You do?"

Mark sighed, looking at Jack. "If I told you, we can't do anything." He looked at the white walls around them. "Not in here."

"You didn't answer my question."

"And I don't have to."

Jack's eyes filled with tears as he slowly let go of Mark's hand. "...I knew this would happen. Every time I try to get close with someone, I end up losing them." He stepped backward. "I get it. I'll just leave you forever. Just forget you ever met me."

"Jack, that's not what I meant-" Mark didn't get to finish his sentence, as Jack had already sprinted down the hallway. Mark heard a quiet sob from him before he disappeared into his own room. Mark looked at his feet, wiping his cheeks. "Great going, Mark. Just fucking great."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro