13-Roots

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Roots~Imagine Dragon
C O L E
I groaned as I pick myself up from the ground. My arms were covered in dirt and my ninja gi had huge rips in it. And the worst is, my phone is totally smashed. I felt my face and thank goodness my mask was still there. I got up from the disgusting mud and looked around.

I couldn't barely see anything from the dim light. All I could tell I was deep underground. I stumbled around and it was a pretty bad idea. All I was doing was getting myself more lost.

My legs were finally dead, I slump right back into the dirty ground of dirt. Dirt clod. I laugh at what Jay used to call me. What a stupid nickname. Then my eyes got used to the dim light and I saw something.

"What the heck?" I whispered to myself didn't want to say it louder to ruin the silence of the underground.

It was a house. It looked like it was a nice, family house. I stepped a bit closer to it and opened the door. The door made a loud shriek when it was opened. I quietly step in, afraid to ruin this place. It felt like someone made it so perfectly put together.

The house was very dirty. The smell of mold filled my nose and I coughed the old smell. It smelled like Grandpa and Grandma's house. You know, the weird smell you get when your with them? It smelled like that.

I saw they had pictures. I immediately flip them up to see the faces. I gasp and back away a bit. I was really surprised at what I saw. It was Kai's family, what happened here? I grabbed my sword and swung at it at the wall of the house, just to see if it was a illusion. It wasn't.

I grab the photo, just to make sure. That was Kai, smiling and hugging his sister. I set the photo were it belongs as my eyes drags to a box in the corner. I open it and see books pilled on books. But one catches my eye. It was red with a jewel on it. I quickly open it to see a phone number and scroll.

I held the book tightly. I lean closer to see the small print on the scroll. I still couldn't read it, like it had a spell on it. The phone number was like glowing and my eyes kept going over to it. I need to talk to Kai's parents.

I stepped out of the house and continued walking. Trying to away from that house. I still had the book in my tight grip. Then I ran into... Kai and Lloyd?! I open my eyes, groaning, and trying to get my eye sight back.

"How did you get down here?" I said as Kai and Lloyd like red and green blurs.

"I have my ways." Kai said smiling at me as he help me up.

I immediately hug Lloyd. I turn to Kai, who seems he can't help but smile, and I asked, "How did you find him? Where was he?"

Kai just can't help but smirk as we seemed to walk at a direction. Kai seemed know where we were going. I had my full trust in him, but did he have it in me? I guess, I will have to wait when I talk to Kai's parents.

"I will tell you the entire story." Kai said smiling as Lloyd seem to give a 'please no' look, "Lloyd was in front of the Chen's Noodle House and the illusionist made him look like a trash can."

I couldn't help but laugh. Lloyd seem to groan. I punch his shoulder as I run up to Kai to walk side by side with him. Lloyd gave me a kissing face and pointed at Kai. I couldn't help but blush. Kai seemed to shudder. Kai immediately stop walking and I froze with him.

"What's wrong?" I said looking at his face.

"Reets." Kai said staring as the ground seemed to move.

"Roots?" I said looking him as seemed to roll his eyes.

"Reets." Kai replied seeming to know everything, "Or a name not by scienctists, Ground Eaters, the animal that cause earthquakes."

"I thought I was the only one who did that." I said saying a joke, Kai didn't even turn his head at me and it hurt.

Kai immediately grabbed me and pulled Lloyd into a little tunnel as the creature passed growling. I kept the book tightly in my ninja gi. Kai looked of his hole and made it a clear sign that it was good to go. I followed him easily keeping up.

Kai didn't clearly think I was keeping up so he grabbed my hand. I can't help but blush, but this just a mission, nothing more. Disappointment. That is how I felt. I want Kai for life not for some dance show he seems to put on for me. I want his quirks and secrets, whatever they are. I will find out. But I didn't know how close I was. That I was holding all the knowledge I needed in my ninja gi.

Then the Roots... or wasn't it Reets? Hit and they hit hard. I fell unconscious and the last thing I saw was fire. And I could think was save you self Kai from these...

Roots? I could barely even remember the name as I blacked out.

A/N
How was it? Cliffhanger! I love them! Can't u tell? See ya! Leave your opinions!

-Audrey

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro