Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I am woken by someone whispering. "I'm pregnant, Gracie. Your husband is the father of my unborn child. I hope your not comfortable with being his wife. I'm going to take back what's mine. Even if I have to bury you." She laughs.

"Come on, Abrielle. You shouldn't be in this room." A male says.

"Why not? That bitch took my husband from me and she's getting away with it."

"You're mine, Abrielle. You have to let go of Chad and better yourself for the sake of our child. If you don't I'm going to take our child from you. Then you won't have anyone. We're married now."

"I don't want to be married to you. I wasn't given a choice about being married to you."

I open my eyes and I see Abrielle's silhouette in the room and a guy standing with her.

His eyes land on me. He takes a step toward Abrielle. He puts his finger his mouth. "Shhh,"

I look around the room and I see Chad asleep on the make shift bed in the corner.

Why can't he hear them?

I see the male stick something into Abrielle's neck and she begins to fall.

He catches her and puts her over his shoulder. He moves towards the bed and I move up toward the headboard. I grip my sheet. He stops beside me. "Don't be afraid. I'm Levi Capitani. I'm Best Friends with Chad."

Shit! My husband is Friends with the most powerful mafia guy out there? What the hell has he gotten us into.

Levi looks at Abrielle. Then back to me. "She's not having Chad's baby. It's mine she's carrying. She's got this delusion that she's Chad's wife."

I look closer at the man and he sends shivers down my back. "You took her on the day of the wedding."

He nods. "Chad asked me to take her. He wanted to marry the beautiful kind woman he met at the bar. He told me on a number of occasions that he screwed up when he went home with Abrielle. He regretted the moments he could have had with you instead of her."

I look at Chad and he opens his eyes. I look away from him. "He's lucky that I'm going to chose to stay with him. Even though he did get his fiancé kidnapped the day of his wedding." I look at Abrielle. "You need to get someone in to talk to her. You kidnapping her could cause some mental damage."

Levi looks at her. "I'll do that." He pulls a card out of his pocket and he gives it to me. "If you need anything don't hesitate to call me."

I take the card from him. "Thank you, Levi. I hope I don't ever see you learking around my room again."

Levi moves toward the door. "You won't. I'll have to put my wife n a shorter leach." He exits the room and closes the door behind him.

Chad climbs off his bed and he moves toward me. He wraps his arms around me. "Im glad your awake, princess. What happened?"

I look away from him. "I was driving when my phone started to ring. I reached over to the purse to get my phone. The rise tipped over sending everything everywhere. I leaned over to get the phone and I took my eyes off the road to get the phone. The next thing I know..." I cut myself off. I shake my head. "I don't know what happened next, Chad."

"You had an accident and your car flipped. You were in a coma for a couple of days." He kisses my lips. "You're awake now and that all that matters to me."

I look around the room and I see a clock in the corner and it says it's 4:30am. "Can I have your phone? I need to call someone."

Chad pulls his phone off the bedside table. He looks at the time. "Who do you need to call this early in the morning?"

I look at him. "Joy, I bet she's worried about me."

Chad gives me the phone. "She didn't want to leave the hospital. But, Jensen had to play dirty and tell her that Savannah needed her."

I dial Joy's number.

Joy: Hello? She croaks out. Sleep is evident in her voice.

Me: It's Grace. I wanted you to know that I'm awake.

She screams and I pull the phone away from my ear.

I hear Jensen ask. "Who's that?"

"It's Grace she's awake."

"We'll see her at a decent hour. You need to get more sleep before our daughter wakes up for her next feed."

Joy: That's great. I'll see you later.

Me: K, goodnight.

Joy: night!

I hang up the phone.

Chad smiles. "I knew she would react like that. That's why I left the phone call for you. She would have asked me a million questions."

I look at him. "I'm so tired."

Chad laughs. "You should get some sleep. Sleeping Beauty. I'll be here when you wake." He rises.

I push him back onto the bed. "I don't want you to move from the bed. I need my snuggle buddy."

Chad pulls me into his arms. He strokes my head. "I don't know what I would have done if you died, Grace. Next time your driving and the phone rings ignore it and call me back when your somewhere safe."

"I promise." I mumble. "I didn't mean to have an accident while reaching over for my phone." A tear slides down my face and be wipes it away.

"You just had to learn a lesson the hard way."

That true. I did learn it a hard way. I put my life at risk and I could have died. But, someone was looking over me and thought that I deserved a chance you live.

I look up at Chad. "Chad, I want to start a family with you."

He smiles. "I need to give you a month to heal before we do that."

"I love you." I close my eyes.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

️MissDredge

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Back-up Bride.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro