Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I am in the middle of making the second damper when there's a knock on the door. "Come in." I yell.

Joy and Jensen walk into the kitchen. She looks at me. "Are you making your own bread?"

"Yeah, do you know how to make your own?"

She shakes her head. "I wish I knew how to make it."

I smile. "I'll give the recipe and you can do it home yourself. If you can make a damper you can make scones."

"I know how to make those. I took a class that showed me how to make that. When it came to damper I think I had the day off as..." She cuts herself off.

"... The nut jobs," Jensen offers.

She laughs. "Yeah, the nut jobs told me to take the day off to clean there house for a party they were holding over the weekend. I had to take a week off to clean the entire mansion. All the rooms were a mess and they needed to be cleaned from top to bottom. Do you want to know where I was for the party?"

I shake my head.

"I was waitress for the entire night. If I did something wrong the nut jobs humiliated me in front of there friends. That was pretty much my life. All I have heard from everyone is lies. I just wish one person would tell me the truth."

Jensen wraps his arms around her. "I tell you the truth baby. That's not going to change."

She smiles. "You took me away from all the shit I put up with, but that was because of something that Grandpa McKellar came up with."

Jensen laughs. "He may have come up with it. It was because of you that I chose to stay. You were the best thing that old man did for me. If he was here right now I'd kiss him for giving me something so special. We have a child together." He places his hand on her stomach. "Soon enough I'm going to get you pregnant again. You glow when your pregnant and I love that more about you."

She pushes him. "Shut up,"

Jensen looks at me. "Where's Chad?"

I point to the door. "He's out there looking after the food. Can you make sure the foods not charcoaled."

He laughs. "That explains the smell of burnt bread in the kitchen. You shouldn't have trusted him to look after it."

I throw a dish towel at him and he catches it.

Jensen puts it over his shoulder and walks out the door.

Joy laughs. "He does the same to me. You won't see that towel for the rest of the night."

"We have plenty anyway. Do you want to know how many shelves of towels he has?"

Probably more than Jensen and I.

"I don't know."

"He has three. He says he's being prepared for if we have guests that want to spend the night unexpectedly. I don't see that happening, but before me he could have had people that did that."

"Have you had a party here since you two got married?"

I shake my head. "It's been hard with things that have happened since. Can you organise something. Just make sure that Abrielle doesn't know about it. I don't want her near me." I look at the door. "I have tell you something. Promise me you won't tell Jensen or Chad?"

She leans closer to me. "I promise."

I whisper. "At the hospital one night Abrielle was there and she told me that the baby she was carrying was Chad's."

"Did you believe her?"

I nod. "At first I did. Then her husband was in the room and he told me that the child was his. He said she wasn't doing well. I think she had a break from being kidnapped and losing her job close to one another."

Chad walks into the house at that moment and he looks at me. "Who had a break?"

"Nobody,"

He walks over to me. "Grace, I know you have kept something from me since the hospital. Are you going to tell me or am I going to have to call Levi?"

I cross my arms. "You knew?"

Chad nods. "I wasn't really asleep. Levi sent me a message and told me that Abrielle left the house. I knew she was going to make an appearance. She wasn't going to tell you anything while I was awake."

I hit shoulder. "I hate you."

He shakes his head. "No, you don't. You love me and I love you." Chad kisses me and I wrap my arms around his neck. I deepen the kiss.

"If you keep kissing like that there will be a second child in there." Joy says.

Chad and I step away laughing.

He looks at her. "I heard Jensen wants to get you knocked up again. Who's going to take over the company if you go on maternity leave again?"

Joy smiles. "My company is doing well Mr Kristofferson. Could you say the same about yours?"

He laughs. "It's been doing better since I've been working closely with my wife and you."

I look at them. "Isn't that a conflict of interest that she works for me, yet she's working closely with you." Joy shoots back at him.

He looks at the door. "I'm going to get changed now. Jensen is looking after the meat. If he burns it blame him." Chad walks up the stairs.

"You don't have to worry about Jen, burning a thing. He learnt his lesson when I was pregnant."

I look at the stairs. "It's Chad's Birthday in a couple weeks. Let's have the party then?"

She smiles. "Sounds good. Give me the the date and I will set something up with a new company that's come to LA. I have heard great things about this party planner."

"What's the name of the party planner company?"

"Masquerade."

"I think the surprise party would be great as a masquerade."

Chad walks down the stairs and he looks at me. "What are whispering about?"

"Nothing,"

He shakes his head. "That's not a good sign when your wife says nothing. You take it as its something he's not going to like."

Jensen enters the house with the meat and chicken. "Where do you want me to put this?"

"On the table." I say.

Jensen puts the plates on the table. He looks around the room. "What's going on?"

Chad walks over to the fridge and he pulls out two bottles of beer he hands one to Jensen. He opens his beer and takes a seat at the dining table. "If Joy was whispering to a friend and you saw and asked 'what are you talking about?' And her response was 'nothing,' what would you think?"

Jensen looks at Joy. "I would think she was up to something." He turns back to Chad. "We're not talking about me are we?"

Chad looks at me. "No, we're talking about me."

"Oh, boy." Jensen slaps his back. "Good luck with whatever she's planning for you." He looks at Joy. "If you plan anything for me I will..."

Joy crosses her arms. "Do what?"

Jensen rises and walks over to her. "I will kiss you." He kisses her.

Vote/comment/share/follow me

MissDredge

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Back-up Bride

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro