Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Joy slips a card into the private lift. She turns towards me. "This room is one of a kind and I think that you're going to like this until Chad comes for you."

Looking at her I say. "How do you know he will come for me? He was the one that walked pass me like I didn't matter."

The door to the lift opens and she steps in before me. She presses the button. "Grace, you're hormones are all over the place because of this pregnancy and things got worst with the stuff that Chad's Mom said to you. That woman is just angry that her husband is dying and she letting her anger off at everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if she was cruel to her son."

I frown. "Do you think that's why he ignored?" I look at the ground and start moving my wedding band on my finger.

I'm not being a good wife. I should have stayed at the hospital and waited for him to talk to me.

Joy touches my shoulder and she looks me in the eyes. "Grace, you don't look so good." she touches my head. "When we get in the room I want you take a warm shower and then get in bed."

"Okay," I whisper.

The lift opens on the top floor and I start to feel dizzy. I grab onto the wall and steady myself. "Can you get, Chad?" I ask.

Joy looks at me. "I'll get him, but first I need to warm you up and then I'll put you to bed before leaving for the hospital."

My teeth begin to chatter as I begin to feel cold.

Joy helps me to the bathroom and she turns on the shower. She pulls down the shower seat and looks at me. "I want you to sit down in the shower. I'll get your supplies from the bag." she walks out of the room to get my stuff.

I throw my head back and let the water warm me up.

Joy returns with my shower stuff and she passes them to me through the shower screen door.

"Thanks," I take them from her and start to clean myself. I wash my hair and then step out of the shower. I dry myself off and get changed in the pants and long shirt that Joy left me to wear.

When I walk into the room I see Joy with a chair close to the bed and a blow dryer in her hand. "Sit, I'm going to dry your hair before you go to bed." I sit on the chair like she asked and she blow dries my hair.

Once my hair is done she slips two tablets into my hand. "Take those. It will help with your cold."

I look at her. "Are you sure?"

She nods. "During my last pregnancy I had to take it."

I put them on the table. "I don't like taking tablets. I'll see my doctor later tonight and get something from him."

"Okay," she looks at the door. "I'm going to let you get some rest and I'll be back later to check on you." She puts the card on the table. "If you go out before I return the key is on the nightstand."

"Thanks," I climb into bed and wrap the blankets around me.

The door to the room closes and I pull my phone out of my handbag. I call my doctor.

Chad's POV

After Joy told me that Grace isn't feeling I knew that I had to go to her and tell her that I'm sorry for ignoring her after my mother got to me with her unkind words.

Joy leads me to the car and I climb into the passenger front seat. She waits for me to buckle up before pulling out of the parking lot.

I don't say a word to Joy as she drives through the city and heading towards her hotel.

Her phone starts to ring and she doesn't take her eyes off the road to look at it. "Who's on the phone?" She asks.

Looking at the phone I see Jensen flash across it. "It's Jensen."

She sighs. "Can you answer the phone and tell me that I'm busy at the moment and I'll give him a call later."

"Okay, but as soon as I get off the phone you can tell me what's going on with you and Jensen."

"Deal," she continues to scan the road before switching lanes.

I answer the call.

Me: Hello, Joy's phone.

Jensen: Who are you and why do you have my wife's phone?

I laugh.

Jensen: What's so funny, asshole?

Me: I'm surprised that you don't recognise the voice of your friend. It's Chad.

Jensen: Thank, god. She's will someone I trust. Why are you with her?

Me: She's driving me to her hotel where my wife is.

Jensen: Why is your wife at the hotel and not with you?

Me: My father is in the hospital dying and my mother isn't handling it well and she said a lot of harsh things to me. I didn't know how to handle and I walked pass my wife without saying a word to her. She packed her bags and left.

Jensen: I'm going through something similar with Joy. Those damn hormones are terrible with woman. One minute they can be fine and the next they are in tears throwing shit at you.

Me: I didn't think about the hormones making Grace do something out of the ordinary. If your wife didn't come to me I wouldn't have known my wife left me until I got home.

Jensen: Do you think your Mom could have gotten to Grace while you were away?

Me: Probably, I won't find out for sure until I see. I'll get Joy to call you when we're at the hotel.

Jensen: Okay, thanks man.

I hang up the phone and turn towards her. "You'll have to call him when we get back to the hotel. I'm not going to have my friend chew me out because his wife is stubborn and she didn't want to call him."

"Okay," she takes her eyes off the road for a second. "So, you want to know why Jensen and I aren't talking?"

"Yes,"

Her hands tighten on the steering wheel until they turn white. "He thinks I'm making a mistake by letting a girl back into our house after she set fire to it and lied to us."

Is she talking about Grace's daughter?

"Why would you let someone like that into your house especially with the kids the child you have?"

"She doesn't have anyone in her life that can take care of her and I was actually starting to care for her as my sister."

"Does she know how you feel?"

"Yes, that was until I let them throw her in the juvenile detention centre."

I whistle. "That's harsh. When does she get out?"

"Tomorrow and I'll be meeting her at the gates with the guardianship papers. I told the courts that I want to take care of her even with all the things she did to me."

She's a great woman and an even better mother. I just hope that having the girl in their lives won't hurt them.

Joy pulls the car into the parking lot of the hotel and she turns to me. "She's in the private suite on the top floor." She pulls a keycard out of her pocket. "I'll be up there shortly. I have a phone call to make."

I take the card from her and walk to the lift that's going to take me to my wife.

When I get to the room I see Grave asleep in the bed and I walk over to her. "Grace,"

She slowly opens her eyes and looks at me. "Hey, Chad." She looks around the room. "What are you doing here?"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro