Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

After breakfast Chad and I walk out of Denny's hand in hand. He kisses my cheek. "I'm glad you didn't tease me in there. I'm not sure how I would have handled walking out here with a stiffy."

A smile spreads across my face. "Just because I didn't do it to you in my favourite restaurant doesn't mean that I've forgotten what you did to me in the lift at the hotel."

As soon as we get outside the limo door is open and we step inside. I put my belt on and lie my head on Chad's shoulder. He tells the driver to take us to the hospital.

I begin to dose off with my head on his shoulder.

Chad's POV

My phone starts to ring and I pull it out of his pocket. I look at it and tell Grace. "It's my mother. I hope she's in a better mood today." I slide my finger across the screen.

Me: Hello, this is Chad Kristofferson.

Mom: You're father is awake and asking for you.

Me: My wife and I will be there shortly.

Mom: I thought I got rid of that girl. Ow, well. Looks like you won't be able to say goodbye to your father.

What does she mean I won't be able to see my father?

I look out the window and see a truck drive through the red light. It crashes into the side door that Grace is sitting on and the window shatters spraying glass all over the place and her head hits the seat in front of her and then the seatbelt catches and pulls her back against the seat.

Inspecting her closely I see she has a cut on her head. I rip my seatbelt off and move over to my wife. "Grace, you need to stay awake."

She doesn't say anything to me and my heart starts to break at the possibility of losing my family before it can be complete.

I cradle her in my arms for a while until I'm pulled out of the car by the paramedics. They lead me to the ambulance and I wait for them to pull my wife out of the car.

Did Mom have something to do with this accident? She seemed sure that something was going to happen and there was going to be nothing that I could do about it. When I get my hands on her I'm going too...

What can I really do to her? If I kill her I will be as bad as her and I don't want my wife and child to know that I acted that was because they were injured or worst killed.

I place my head in my hands and I wait for the paramedics to bring my wife to the ambulance. It doesn't take long until my wife is loaded into the ambulance and then we're speeding to the hospital.

"I'm okay, Chad." I hear her angelic voice and my head shoots up in her direction. I look at her and she looks anything but okay. "You're not okay, Grace. I know you're trying to lighten the mood, but it's not going to work."

She reaches her arm out to me. "Tell your Dad about the baby when we get to the hospital. You'll have to do it without me."

I pull my phone out of my pocket. "I'm not going to tell him on my own. If I can't do it with you. Then we're going to say it on the recorder and I can play it for him."

A smile spreads across her face. "Okay,"

"I'll count down from three and then we'll say. 'We're having a baby." I put three fingers up, then put one down, then the next and then the third. "We're having a baby." Grace and both yell.

She winces at the end. "My head hurts." The paramedic looks at her head. "It's going to need a few stitches and then I think the doctor might give you a CT scan to make sure everything is okay."

"What if it isn't?" she asks.

He touches her hand. "Don't worry about that yet. Just take things as they come. Right now I need you to relax or you're going to..." he cuts himself off and looks at her belly.

Grace places her hand on her stomach. "I could lose my child? Is that what you were going to say?"

The paramedic doesn't say anything and she realises that he could be right and the last thing my wife could handle is the loss of our child.

She reaches her hand out to me. "I love you, Chad. So, does our baby. If anything happens to either of us promise me that you will move on and give yourself another chance to fall in love. If anybody deserves happiness it is you."

I move out of my seat and kneel next to her. "I won't promise you that, Grace. You're going to be fine and you'll be coming home with me. Where we will get the baby's room organised for his or her arrival and then..." I sigh. "I don't have a clue, Grace."

Her eyes begin to close and my heart begins to race as the machine connected to her flat lines.

"Nooooooooooooo," I yell into the ambulance.

Grace's POV

"Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace," Chad yells and his arms are flailing all over the place. "Don't leave me, baby. I can't live without you."

I shake him. "Chad, wake up. You're having a bad dream."

He opens his eyes and looks at me. "You're not dead?"

"No," I place my hands on his face and kiss his lips. "I'm very real, Chad. What did you dream about?"

He begins to tremble in my arms. "We were hit by a truck and you hit your head." Chad moves his hand to my forehead and moves his fingers across it. "You were bleeding and you blacked out. When the paramedics got you to the ambulance were awake and talking to me." His eyes become misty and a tear falls out. "Then you died. I saw the heart machine flat line and you were."

Looking out the window I see the hospital. I place another kiss on his lips. "I'm not going anywhere, Chad. Now, let's talk to your father." I use my door to step out of the car and I wait for Chad to join me.

Chad places his hand on the small of my back. "We're not taking the limo back to the hotel. I'll get a friend to drop my car off. I can't take the risk you dying from being in the limo." He places his hand in mine and we walk towards the hospital.

When we get to Mr Kristofferson's room we see his mother holding hand with her husband and he's awake. He looks at the door. "Honey, I want to talk to our son on my own. You should take a break and go home. Have a shower, sleep and then come back."

She shakes her head. "I'm staying here, but I will let you have a moment to talk to Chad." She stands up and moves towards the door. Her shoulder brushes against mine. "You should have left when I told you too little girl." She walks out of the room.

Her threat sends a shiver down my spine.

What if Chad's dream comes true? Will he be able to go on with me? Or will he try to off himself to join me?

I shake my head trying to clear my head from the threat and the dream that Chad had on the way here.

Chad grabs my hand. "What did she say to you?"

"She threatened me, Chad. After you're dream and what she said yesterday I have a bad feeling that something is going to happen and you're the one that's going to suffer from it."

He leads me over to the chair across his father. He takes a seat and pulls me onto his lap. He looks at his father and says. "Grace and I have something to tell you."

A half smile appears on his face. "I can't wait to hear your news, but you need to hear mine first."

"Okay, Sir."

Mr Kristofferson looks out the door where his wife just exited the room. He takes a breath before saying. "I need to tell you something, Chad."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro