(#7)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Quick A/N. The italicized dialogue means that it's in Russian, not English). 

Dear Diary, 

I'm actually really excited right now. For months and months, I've been waiting on a break for Ray and Sophia's friendship. So far, we had nothing, and it had been going on for months. Now, we got something, and I'm jumping inside of my boots. 

Do you remember when I said that parent teacher conferences were a good chance for Ray and Sophia to rekindle their relationship? Welp, it kind of happened! The best part is, I got to see how it all unfolded right in front of my very own green eyes.

So, Sophia's mom and I and my mom and I decided to meet up there so that we could be able to do the conferences together and not get bored, I guess. So anyways, what happened was that we got there, and the next thing you know, we were waiting in line for our math teacher to finish up so that our parents would be able to talk to them. 

I mean, even though we both had A's in the class ﹘ with me having a bare A minus ﹘ our parents still wanted to talk to her to make sure we weren't fooling around or losing sight of our work. All that jazz. So anyways, we got in line, and the line was longer than a tightrope. So, we decided to sit tight and just talk and have some fun. 

When we were almost to the front of the line, we saw another mane of blonde hair strutting towards us, with an almost identical horse coming by, with a dark mane instead. I looked at Sophia, who had an eyebrow raised, and then the next thing you know, we heard, "Serena!" in a very noticeable Slavic accent. 

Sophia's eyes widened, and then her mom turned around, and saw Ray's mom standing right behind her. Ray followed behind her, and then Sophia's mom smiled. "Oh, Ramona! How are you doing?" she asked, as they started to have a little conversation together. 

Sure, it was brief, but oh man, it was so satisfying. Sophia looked over at Ray, and she meekly said, "Hi, Ray." Ray gave her a shiny smile, and said, "Hey." I felt like I was going to scream at that moment. Nothing was more satisfying than seeing the two people who were once best friends get so close together. 

When I saw them both, it surprised me to see how different they were. Ray, who was definitely not much older than Sophia, seemed to be a skyscraper compared to her. He was already at least 5'5", while Sophia was only about 5 feet tall. Her kind brown eyes greatly contrasted Ray's intense blue-green eyes, and overall, they just kind of were like polar opposites. 

Sophia is a sweet, somewhat introverted girl, while Ray is bold and extroverted. But then again, opposites attract, so you never know. Mrs. Richards then turned to my mom, and said, "Hi, how are you? I'm Ramona." I raised an eyebrow, and proceeded to listen in, because this was definitely going to be entertaining. 

My mom then replied, "Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm Nadia. Are you Russian?" I was surprised at how well they seemed to get along so quickly, but then again, they had known each other only for like 10 seconds. 

Mrs. Richards replied with, "No, my dad's Czech and my mom was Estonian, but I learned a bit of Russian growing up." I smiled a little bit, and then looked over at Ray and Sophia. Sophia was awkwardly fidgeting a little bit, and Ray just kind of looked at the ground and did nothing much. 

I resisted the urge to drag them both in the janitor's closet, lock them in, and make them talk whether they liked it or not. They both needed to talk to each other, but honestly, I would take it right now. This situation is a lot better than the one they were in for the past few months. 

Honestly, I would've taken it any day. It's a start, for sure. Other than the awkward ish talks that they had, nothing else was interesting for parent teacher conferences, except for the compliments that I was getting showered with. 

Overall, it's definitely a start since this has been one awkward couple of months. I mean, they've only been "communicating" through body language, and today was definitely a change in what's been going on for the past couple of months. But overall, things are looking really good. And I mean really good. I guess we'll have to see how it all turns out. 

Love, 

Sonia.

________________________________________________________________________________

Oh gosh, I thought the last one was the shortest one. I was so wrong. I think, since I started writing seriously, this is my shortest chapter, ever. (not counting the poems and the author's notes and casts). Shorter than some of Victoria's chapters in INI. Damn. So, anyways, not much happening, but it seems to be the stepping stone for something crucial. Any predictions? Let me know in the comments. 

Hey everyone! How are you all? I didn't put actual Russian in the text, because I just wanted you guys to imagine the conversation yourself. Plus, I knew the Cyrillic was going to be a pain for you all to decipher, so I didn't put it. 

Speaking of such things, do you all know a language that's got a unique script? My mother tongue does. But what about you guys? Let me know. 

That's pretty much it. Hope you all liked this chapter! 

Please vote/comment/share/follow/message if you like my work! See you all next Sunday with a new entry for Sonia's diary! Have a great week!

Love you guys, 

Shree

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro