Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hahah, look at me actually give my characters personalities. Yay

—————————————————————

Cold.

Something cold was on his head.

With a jolt the star-spangled country shot up like a rocket, immediately regretting that decision as a headache pounded against his skull. A cold rag that was sitting in his head fell on his lap.

Groaning he tried to open his eyes. Everything was blurry and so d**m distorted. Where the hell was he?

The smell of the place was off. It smelled...fresh. Like chlorophyll and flowers.

All he could hear was a light breeze rustling tree branches and birds chirping.

Wasn't he at home? And this was just a really bad hangover? Some broad lying next to him?

No...

He was on a plane and... it crashed? His heart was racing. Something important was on the plane. What was it?

His stomach churned the more he concentrated. Rubbing his eyes, America's vision cleared up.

He was not in his room, nor a plane, nor any other conceivable place he could think of.

He was lying in a wood shack, admittedly well built but that's not the point. Why the hell was he here of all places?

Who brought him here?

As if on cue someone walked in the doorway to the right, gently moving the curtain draped across the frame.

"Oh, hello." A cheerful, but wary voice said. America looked them up and down. They held a tray in their hands. Squinting a bit more his first thought was they were Guatemala.

No, they had more gold, especially in their eyes.

"Who are you?" Ame's cold, direct voice rang out in the small room. The smaller country flinched.

"Ah... um..." he froze.

"I asked you a question shorty. Tell me who you are or I'll choke the answer outta that pretty little face of yours." Ame snarled.

Despite the throbbing pain in his head, Ame stood up and walked to the country who was now shaking slightly.

They didn't look like any country or territory Ame had ever seen.

"Y-you are a lot taller than I thought- uuuhhh, sorry, sorry, I'm...Brilis." The small country sputtered pitifully under Ame's harsh gaze.

Ame shoved Bri against the wall with a thud and glared into his eyes, their faces only a foot apart.

Bri was starting to regret having Joseph haul America all the way to his house.

"Brilis, huh?" Bri nodded.

"And where are we, Brilis?"

"M-my home. You should really sit, that concussion is pretty bad." The tray in Bri's hands was shaking but he kept a brave face on.

"Not until you tell me who the hell you are and what the f**k I'm doing here." Ame scowled.

"I have to insist." Bri countered.

"You're not the one in charge here."

"Actually I am. One punch to that cocky face of yours and you'd be out for another day." Bri took a deep breath and stared back at Ame.

"Please?" Ame paused, then decided this kid wasn't a threat and backed off, rolling his eyes. Bri sighed and moved to put the tray he was holding on the nightstand beside the bed.

Ame fell back on the bed with a groan, the headache almost getting worse.

"Here. I know you're not really supposed to drink sugary things but this will help cure that headache." Bri presented a cup to Ame.

"And no it's not poisonous." Ame at this point could care less if it was poisoned or not. He sat up and downed the strange drink in one go.

"Ew...." Ame laid back down.

"Brilis...I know I was an a**hole just a second ago but....where are we?"

"We're in my territory. The Brilis Isles or how you outside people say, the Bermuda Triangle."

—————————————————————

".....wait, what?" Ame's eyes shot open.

"Yeah, y'know, the big mysterious triangle that creates storms like crazy? We're, I'm assuming, smack dab in the middle."

Ame didn't know what to say. Or if he could even believe what was being said to him.

"You and your plane took quite the hit. Everyone inside was okay if you were wondering...Anyways, you should rest. That concussion isn't going away by itself. We can continue talking when you don't have a chance to develop brain damage."

"I'm f**king fabulous thank you." Bri sighed again, shaking his head.

"Honestly, you're more difficult than almost all the other survivors than landed here."

"Thank you. I pride myself in that." Bri felt around in his pocket and brought out a small packet.

"Well, I tried to convince you nicely." Ame looked up just in time to see Bri blow a cloud of powder in his face.

"The fu-..." He was out like a light. Bri clapped his hands together, trying not to breathe in the fine dust.

"Now look what you made me do. I'll have to deep clean this place." Bri heaved Ame's body around so he was laying on the bed correctly when he heard a knock by his window.

Carefully pulling the curtain back he saw Joe standing there, bags under his eyes.

"Hey, Joe. Have you gotten any sleep?"

"Nah, don't need it. Anyways here's the report. No one has woken up yet but it's to be expected. How's it with Mr. Sunshine over here?" Bri snickered.

"Peachy." Joe looked over Bri's shoulder and shook his head.

"Anyways, there might be some rain so we need some help setting up the tarps. Can ya help?"

"Yeah, let me just clean up here."

Bri waved to Joe as he left, then making sure the American idiot was still asleep, poured another cup of the tea medicine, wrote a note, and left the house, praying that nothing happened while he was gone.

————————————————————

Ame woke up again, half expecting to see someone kissing him after fairy dust got blown in his face. He could still feel that weird powder Bri threw at him in his eyes and mouth.

"G*d this can't get any worse." He says, getting back up and stretching his muscles.

His eyes landed on the cup and note Bri left. When he started reading he almost laughed.

"Who writes like this anymore? The last time I saw something like this was in my colonial days..." the note was written in such curvy and neat cursive Ame almost couldn't read it.

"Drink the tea...don't steal anything....outside...huh, sure, whatever." Ame crumpled the note, obliged to drink the strangely bittersweet tea, and stood up, glancing at the mess lying on the floor.

The Bermuda Triangle huh?

Bulls**t.

This was just an elaborate scheme to mess him up. Keep him from keeping a level head and making him do something stupid.

Like send nukes over to that f**king commies land without a hint of remorse.

Yeah, that would be nice and all, but Ame knew better. Or rather, the states knew that and prevented Ame from doing something seriously rash.

Game plan.

One, find out more about that kid, and maybe don't act like a complete jacka** while doing so.

Two, make sure the cargo in the plane didn't get damaged or everyone in a sixty-mile radius would be evaporated... most likely.

And three, get away from wherever this place was and get back home where piles of paperwork were awaiting him.

Ugh, on second thought... staying here doesn't sound too bad.

America turned to the window and flung aside the curtain.

The smell of wet gravel, rain, and overwhelming sense of chlorophyll filled his senses.

It was drizzling out, but that didn't detract from the sheer beauty from just outside this guy's window.

Ame was gobsmacked. The grey offices and meeting halls he'd had to basically live in for weeks could hardly compare to this paradise.

He could already feel another headache coming on from just looking at this place for too long.

Shutting the curtain, Ame shook his head and groaned.

Understanding any of this wasn't going to be easy, was it?

———————————————————————

Well, I think I'm getting better at writing so, there's that ((:

Thank you for reading!

Enjoy~

(1352 words)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro