[1: Jason's POV]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Prince of Illea. That's what I was. As an only child, all duties fell on me. Well, all princely duties that is.

It was nearing midnight and I still couldn't sleep. I got up from my bed, put on some pants and slippers, and decided to take a walk around the castle. My life was a mess, running a country is not as easy as it looks.

One thing I didn't like about the castle was all the space. You'd think I would love being prince, with all the space and freedom, but the truth was, I hated it. People were constantly all around me, so I barely ever got any privacy, and, of course that's what the camera didn't show. But everyday, I was practically ready to fall apart like a block castle, ready to be picked up and put back together again. I couldn't even imagine what my father, the king, felt like everyday.

I was nearing my fathers' study when I noticed the door was ajar, I took this as sign I could enter. Walking in, I noticed how cluttered it was, stacks and stacks of paper everywhere, barely any space to walk or sit. My fathers' head shot up out of the piles of paper.

"Oh, hello Jason what are doing up at this hour, you know you're supposed to be tucked into your bed." He stood up sleepily.

I chuckled. "Dad, you know I'm not 4 anymore, that was 15 years ago"

"Ah, the good old days. Seeing as you are 19 now, it's time. Time for you to hold your own selection" The words felt like slap. I had never wanted to find love. Love was a foreign concept. I was aware of my parents "Love story".

When Beryl Grace, the most "Beautiful women in the world"(My fathers' words, not mine) had walked into the throne room for the very first time, my father had rushed over to her and asked her to marry him immediately. She, of course excepted and they held the wedding shortly thereafter.

My mother was power- hungry, she had always been. I wasn't even sure she loved my dad, but as queen, she was expected to bare a child so. So here I was, 20 years later.

I stormed from the room, leaving my fathers' questions to fade into the background. My guard, Officer Jackson, didn't even question when I slammed my door and fell face first onto my bed.

Thank you for reading this! I had quite a lot of fun reading it! Make sure to vote, and add it to one of your reading lists!

Nora<3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro