[2: Piper's POV]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Getting the letter was my worst nightmare.

I was trying on dresses when my mother came to announce the news. She had almost touched the ceiling from jumping in excitement. Now, here I was, awaiting the arrival of my father, Tristan Mclean, so my mother and I could tell him the news.

The second he was through the door, my mother had already run over to him and demanded he sits down on the couch right that second. So he did.

"Piper my dear, would you like to tell him?" My mother, Aphrodite asked. I sighed, stood up, and walked over to my father. After I had told him, he looked shell-shocked, like he hadn't realized I was already 16.

"Are you going to enter? When did you get the letter? How will we be supported if you get picked?" He started rattling off questions like if he didn't I would already be gone.

"Hey, hey, it's going to be okay. She doesn't even know if she'll enter" While my mother was trying to calm him down I walk out of the room and start trying on dresses again

❤❤❤

That night at dinner I realize they both expect me to have an answer for them. The truth was I had almost completely forgotten about the Selection. But, as always, I have to come up with an answer quickly.

"I'll enter, but promise me that if I'm picked, that you'll try to take care of yourselves" I try to make a compromise. they look over at each other and I see the silent argument there having with their eyes.

My mother sighs and nods, suddenly looking very anxious.

We finish dinner in silence and afterward I go straight to bed.

Thank you for taking your time to read this! I know this chapter is a little short but that's only because I was a little distracted while was writing it.

Thank you!

Nora<3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro