Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I just had to post this chapter today to keep everyone from suffering for too long, here is probably the worst angsty little piece of chapter from this story that will happen jsksksksksk. Happy holidays to everyone, and don't worry, I've got more chapters on the way so we don't suffer endlessly for no reason! I'll see if I could maybe post them tomorrow or the next day.
---

(Y/N - 18 years old - the next day)

It all happened so fast.

As soon as I messaged everyone, the group chat went mad as they all demanded to know what happened to me, if I was alright, hurt, sick. Jungkook even thought that I'd gotten into an accident and called every hospitals in the vicinity asking about me, something that really broke my heart.

How am I going to reject them without falling apart right in front of them?

I don't know how I'll do this, but I need to do it well if I want to keep them safe. I chose that for myself, I can't back down anymore. It's not like I have other options anyway.

San, the only hybrid who's kept me company since that day, is the one to drive me to the park where I told them to meet me today, and the drive there is as silent as ever, an usual thing when I'm left alone with this man.

He's not one of many words, that's for sure, but I like that. It keeps me from having to say anything when I don't feel like talking.

It doesn't take nearly long enough, and once we reach the right place, I only need to look out of my window to find my four soulmates standing near a bench not too far from where I am, nervous as they walk in circles, waiting for me.

I stare at them for a long time before I find the strength to walk out of the vehicle, and it feels like fucking forever. I honestly wish I could slow down time, pretend for just one second that this is just another fun date I'm going on with them.

But the truth is so heavy over my heart, and it is nowhere as fun as what I would've preferred. I can feel it crawl all the way into my soul, the pain of what I'm about to do, of what I'm about to take from them.

The promises that I'm about to break.

I don't know how they'll react to my rejection, and I can't believe that I'm about to find out.

It's a terrible, terrible nightmare.

San doesn't say anything, doesn't force me to hurry up, but I can feel his gaze on me as my hand remains frozen onto the door's handle.

Sometimes, it feels like he pities me for being in this position, for being taken by them. He's got that sad glow in the back of his black eyes that destabilizes me when he stares at me, but I don't know why.

Maybe he feels bad, guilty, but that's his problem, not mine. I've got enough on my plate as it is.

I eventually manage to push the door open, and when I do, I can't hear anything but my heart as it tries to tear a hole in my ribcage. It already hurts so much and I haven't even said anything yet, what is it going to be like once I see the betrayal on their faces?

What will Jungkook say? He whom I promised to never abandon?

Taehyung notices me first, and as he shouts my name before running over, the others are behind him just as quickly to reach my side.

Jungkook grabs me by the shoulders before looking me over carefully, and when he sees no wounds, my face is immediately pressed into his chest as he hugs me tightly, his body trembling with his arms around me, as if afraid that I might disappear otherwise.

I can't do this... but I don't have a choice. What a terrible world this is.

"Fucking hell, Y/N, where were you? Why didn't you reply to any of our messages? My calls? I went to your workplace and they said that they couldn't get through, that you hadn't shown up in days. I seriously thought that something went wrong and was so scared.

"I even... I almost went to your place even though you told me not to. Don't... don't you ever do that to me ever again, do you hear me?" he begs as he pulls back the slightest bit to hold my face close to his own, ears flattened on his head as tears already stream down his flushed cheeks.

My lips begin to wobble as I try to resist melting into him, why is he making this so hard? Why does he make me want to take his hand and run away as far as possible when I rationally know that it's impossible? I would doom us all to a horrible fate if I let my emotions rule my decisions.

It takes all of my strength, every single little drops of courage that hide in my bones and a gigantic dose of rationality just to force my mind to control my body before my heart takes over.

And it's the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life.

I manage to free myself from his hug, and when I do, I regret it instantly when I see the look over his face. I need to look at the others to find some respite, and Namjoon is who my gaze falls on as he stares at me with a passive expression.

As if he can already tell where this is going.

"Y/N? What's going on?" he asks straight to the point when I've yet to say anything, but hell, I don't even know how I should approach that subject. Does it show that I'm shaking? That I feel like passing out because my heart is pumping too much blood? Can the two hybrids hear it?

"I...".

A lump in my throat makes my voice crack, as if to keep me from saying more, maybe it's my body's way of preventing this horrible thing from happening, but my brain keeps remembering about the promise, about the threat, and I can't change my mind now.

They'll die if I don't do this, then everything will have been for naught. I can't back down now, I need to do this until the end, then I'll be out of their lives forever while I work like a dog in my parents' stead, as if that even makes sense.

"I... I called you here because I have something to say" I finally let out weakly, and Jimin's sweet face falls with something akin to fear while Jungkook tries to reach my side again, though I stop him with a hand and a step back that I feel in my guts.

"You're not... you're not rejecting us, are you, Y/N?" the sweet human asks, and it rips my heart right out, the tears that flow down my cheeks seen by all of them before I wipe them away with my sleeve, god damn it.

"I-I am. I can't- I can't do this. I didn't reply because I thought long about what I should do, and I came to the conclusion that... I need to reject the bond".

Jungkook shakes his head in denial while Taehyung and Jimin stumble back into a stoic Namjoon, the both of them in shock. Everything's been going so well up until a few days ago, so why's that happening now of all days? Why?

"No. No, this has got to be a joke, and it's not funny at all, Y/N. I don't find you funny at all" the panther says firmly, but I make another step back to avoid him when he tries to get my hands again.

His tail is sharp when it hits the air behind him, and I'm sure it would've left a bruise on my skin had I been in the way.

"I'm not joking, Jungkook. I mean it. I'm leaving. I don't know where I'll go yet, but I won't be staying here anymore. The four of you... I hope you stay happy together, yeah? Take care and-" I begin but Jungkook leaps forward to pull me in by the shoulders again, despair all over his face as he searches deep into my eyes.

"Y/N? What the... what's going on? You know you can talk to me, right? You can talk to us, we'll do everything in our power to help. That's not like you, Y/N, you said you'd never reject us, do you remember? You said you'd stay by my side, so why are you changing your mind now? Did something happen? Is it your parents? Did they do something?" he throws endless questions my way as tears stream down my cheeks over and over again, why is he making this so hard for me?

"Jungkook. Jungkook! Please- Jung- LET ME GO".

My shout stuns him into silence and I use that opportunity to free myself from his tight hold, the feeling of his fingers over my skin left behind from how much force he used on me.

Breathless and with my heart crushed into pieces, I turn my back to them in an attempt to lessen the impact of their eyes on me. I can't keep staring at them anymore, it hurts too much. Even Namjoon's mask is starting to fall to show his pain and it's unlike anything I've ever seen until now.

So... raw and pure. All of them combined is like a volcano erupting beneath my feet to pull me deep into its melted heart, and it's going to be forever etched into my mind.

"Nothing happened, okay? It's all... me. I just changed my mind, that's all. I'm human, I do stupid shit too, apparently, and I lie too. I'm done with you, it's... too much work. I'm just..." I hold back a sob at the words that I know will break them apart, just like I am.

"I'm so tired of needing to keep track of your need for constant comfort and affection".

Hearing Jungkook's sobs turn into cries makes it all the more worse, and when I start walking out of the park feeling dead in my soul, it's with the feeling of my soulmark burning in my hand. Like it too is dying.

I sit back in the vehicle, and San takes one look at me before making us leave the area, before anything else happens.

I look down at my palm, the life pulled out of my soul as I finally see what I've done.

The once vibrant lines have grown barely visible anymore, and the red outline of my irritated skin feels like a punishment for what I was forced into doing.

My connection to the bond is officially dead, and because of that, my soulmates will live.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro