Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Y/N - 18 years old - three days later)

"So you can't find them, then. Looks like they planned this very well, there's not a single trace to let us know where they left off. They even took their son and his soulmate with them, but they left their daughter behind. What a pity".

I close my eyes upon overhearing something that I wasn't particularly meant to hear.

I was going back to my room after using the bathroom on the same floor of the huge house I was taken to when I happened to hear Hae-in speak with some other men who were hunting down my parents from one of the many closed doors along the wall.

"What are you going to do with her, boss?".

"Well, I got people to look into her in the meantime. Ends up that she's quite the work prodigy, as far as I'm concerned. Took some run-down coffee shop and made it into the most popular hangout place in the area on her own. Changed the whole menu and redid the tables' layout to make the place look more inviting. That's giving me some ideas".

"So we're not using her as a whore?".

"No, not her. Would be a shame to use her that way when she's got so much potential with business. The problem is that she's got soulmates, four of them. They'll start searching for her if too much time goes by, they've been sending her plenty of messages already asking for her to answer, voicemail's bursting too. If that keeps going, the police will be pulled into this and I don't want to waste my time dealing with them".

"Should we kill them, then? The team could get that done by the end of the week if-"

"What are you doing here?".

I startle at the voice that is directed at me, and I turn around to see San staring at me with a disappointed shake of the head, after which he forces me to go back to my room by pushing me in the right direction while following behind, all of that before I can hear the rest of what they were talking about.

Are they going to kill my soulmates?

They won't do that, will they? Fucking hell, that would be... no, I can't.

I turn around to head back to Hae-in's office before it's too late, and I slip right past the dog's attempt at grabbing me by the wrist before I push the door open so it slams against the wall loudly while I walk inside, heart pounding away as I find multiple heads turning towards me with quirked eyebrows.

Not quite bothered by my presence, but not so pleased either.

"Don't kill them" I plead right away as I let my gaze fall on the boss who's sat in his chair leaning back with his feet on the desk, fingers holding a pen that he spins mindlessly, maybe to entertain himself during a conversation that he'd rather do without.

"Don't kill who?" he asks simply, as if he truly doesn't know who it is that I'm talking about, though his eyes fall on San who's bowing behind me in apology, I guess he was supposed to keep an eye on me.

"My soulmates. Don't kill them. I'll do anything you ask of me, but don't hurt them, please" I insist, knees shaking because the last thing I want is their death on my hands, I couldn't live with myself after that.

Jung Hae-in keeps staring at me, then motions for everyone to leave the room so we can remain alone in his office.

I wait with my heart in my throat as San closes the door behind him, and the boss waves a finger to get me closer to his desk as he settles his feet on the floor. He always has this weird habit of looking less threatening when he's with me and I find that unsettling.

"Yeah? What are you gonna do for me, then, sweetheart? What is their life worth in your eyes?".

I don't reply right away, though my brain is running a mile an hour. What can I do to make sure they're left unharmed? What is it that I can do to assure my soulmates safety? They can't be pulled into this, my parents can't get them in danger too.

I can't let that happen, not even over my dead body.

What he wants is no trouble, right? He doesn't want the cops searching for me, no soulmates to keep asking where I am. If I take that into account... the answer is easy to find, but goodness... I also dearly hate it.

There's no other choice, though. I've got to do this, for their sake.

"I'll... I'll reject them. Let me meet them one last time and I'll officially reject the bond. Then... you won't hear from my soulmates ever again" I murmur with a trembling voice, something that isn't helped when the man whistles, impressed by my offer.

"Wow. You must really love them, huh?" he says as he leans his elbows on the desk, more interested than ever with what he's got in front of him. There's a new light in his eyes that makes me shiver uncomfortably. "How do I know that you're not lying? You could go to them and ask for help".

I stand still right where I am, eyes locked on the floor and brows furrowed in nerves.

"I won't. Just as you're a man of your words, so am I. I'm doing this to keep them alive, there's no way that I would ever lie about that. Plus, I know that if I step out of line, the deal will fall. I'll work any job you ask me to do, as long as my soulmates aren't pulled into all of this shit game. If you promise to leave them alone, then I promise to do my best to earn you the money that my parents owe you".

He hums, apparently happy with what he heard from me.

"Interesting. You're a strange girl, Y/N. I knew that you were different when I saw that fire in your eyes, but you truly impress me. Fine. Set up a meeting with them, let them now that you're not going to see them ever again, then I promise that I'll never lay a single finger on them. Heck, I'll even make sure that not a single soul ever bothers them from this point on, how's that? Consider that a little... thank you for cooperating so nicely with me. I think we'll be able to do great things together, kid".

I bow lowly in front of him, the only thing I can do to thank him for what I assume is a grand and generous offer.

I'm not sure if I even understand what he meant with that last statement, all I know is that this life that awaits me is going to be hell but... it's my fate, now, isn't it? The one that my parents left behind just for me.

As long as my soulmates are safe, then I will endure anything sent my way. I might not be the one to make them happy in this lifetime, but I'll at least make sure that no harm falls upon them because of me. It's the least I can do.

"That... works for me. Thank you for accepting my request, I promise you won't be disappointed".

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro