< 3 - "Seth." >

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[Seth's POV • Downtown Erokana • 3:00 p.m.]

I couldn't believe it when Blake told me about mom being home after so long.

My mom is... Well, she travels. All the time. And usually never has time to return home to see us.

It's been five years since we last saw her. Blake was 16 years old, and I had just turned 13. And the visit didn't go too well, either.

Blake may be my brother, but I'm not the son of my father. I have a different father, somewhere out there, but dad still adores me like his own. He had been very irritable that day, and so had mom.

"I don't want anything to do with you. Ever. AGAIN!"

That's the last thing I heard mom say to dad, which, broke our hearts.

So today was going to be a gamble.

"Hey Seth." My brother and I stood in front of the door to our house, thinking about how this would turn out. "Hm?" I replied. "You ready?" Blake grinned, as I nodded. He grabbed the handle, and opened the door. It slowly creaked as we walked inside. I had shut the door behind us.

And to my surprise, mom was actually laughing and talking to dad like nothing had ever happened. "Hey mom!" Blake said, as she turned around to see us. "Oh my god! You two!" Mom ran over to us, almost suffocating us in a hug. "You've both grown so much since the last time I saw you!" She squealed.

"Seth you're so tall!" Mom hugged me. "And Blake is even taller!" She laughed. "How old are you two now? 16 and 19?" She pointed at us. "18 and 21." I pointed to myself, then Blake. "Oh my... I feel super old now..." She frowned. "I trust that you've been taking good care of my boys?" Mom looked over at dad, who was sitting on the couch. "Yep." He nodded. "Well, that's good." She sighed in relief. "So, you two have girlfriends yet?" She snickered. "I do. But I dunno about Seth, though." Blake said, as I shook my head no. "Anyways, I'm just glad that you two are grown up!" She smiled. "That being said, an old friend of mine wants to meet up with me in a few, so I have to get going." She walked past us, towards the door. "What kind of mom leaves as soon as her sons get home?" I heard dad mumble. 'Bad move dad. Bad move...' I thought, crossing my arms. "Excuse me?" Mom turned around and walked over to dad. "Seth." Blake said my name. "You should go. I wouldn't want you to get involved." Blake suggested.

Smart move.

I nodded and left the house. I pulled out my phone.

Truth: Hey guys. Where at you?

I texted the others in a group chat that we had set up.

Gaze: I thought you and Blake went home earlier.

Veevee: Something happen?

Truth: Yeah...

Rise: I'm at my house if you wanna talk. :P

Veevee: I couldn't help you, man. I'm at home, and you know how that works haha.

Gaze: My sister is pestering me to take her shopping, so I couldn't help either, sorry dude.

Truth: Alright, I'll be over in a few, Haru.

Rise: okay! :3

I sighed, as I walked down the street. Haru lived two blocks away, so it wasn't a long walk. I knocked on her door. "Come in!" I heard Haru's voice. I entered her house, and saw her playing a rhythm game on her PlayStation. "Sup?" She said, mashing the buttons on her controller. I sat down next to her, and leaned back into the plush couch.

Once she finished the song, she turned to face me. "So, what's up?" She smiled. I told her what happened. "So... Your brother told you to leave before it got too serious?" She asked, as I nodded. "Yeah. It was a smart move, though." I shrugged. "I agree. Well, I think you should just forget about it and think of something else. Just so you don't worry too much, y'know?" She patted my shoulder. "Yeah..." I closed my eyes.

"You need a hug?" She grinned, holding her arms out. I shrugged, as she gave me a quick hug.

[Blake's POV • Downtown Erokana • 3:15 p.m.]

After Seth left, things began to unfold.

And not in a good way.

"I come home after five years and this is the treatment I get?!" Mom shouted, as dad sighed. "Then you shouldn't have bitched last time you were here!" Dad shouted back.

I calmly walked into my room, shutting the door behind me. I leaned against it, and sat onto the floor. I listened to the conversation, and closed my eyes.

Good call me, good call.

I took a deep breath. And I remembered what dad had said before I went to see Seth.

"Blake. If things go bad, tell Seth to leave the house. If things start getting even worse, tell your mom to leave. She won't listen to me."

The shouting started to stop gradually and I heard a door slam shut. My phone started to vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket and checked it.

Seth: Hey, is everything okay over there?

I silently groaned, knowing that he wasn't doing so well. I typed a reply.

Blake: Where are you?

Seth: Haru's House.

Blake: Don't worry about things here. It's all good.

Seth: Is it okay to come back?

Blake: ...I'm... Not sure.

I stood up and opened the door. Like I had thought, the coast was clear.

Blake: Yeah, I think it's okay to come back.

I walked over to dad, who was overwhelmed. "Everything okay?" I asked, unsure about the answer if receive.

"It is what it is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! It's me, Waffles!

So what I'm planning is to have one more chapter that's focused on another main character, being Aaron.

I've been focusing each chapter on a main character. Yknow, so you guys can get to know them and what they're going through. :)

So, I'll see you all in the next chapter! Bye bye! :D

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro