Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Present day: Gangam, South Korea

Soo Ah opened the curtains, and let the rays of the sun's rays rush into her bedroom, giving a healthy glow to her face.

She looked at the man who still slept in her bed, after her futile attempt to awaken him.

"Taekwoon, you need to wake up, we're getting late for work." She shook her boyfriend, fervently trying to wake him up.

He groaned, before opening his eyes slowly.

"You're up already? I thought you were going to be tired after last night, and you were going to beg for a day off." He pulled her onto his half naked body, as she blushed.

"Taekwoon, you know I can't take a day off." Soo Ah said.

"Well, that's right." He placed a quick peck on her lips, and went to freshen up without another word.

She went to her small kitchen and decided to make something. But when she opened the refrigerator, she realized she had nothing but raspberry yogurt and juice, which she had been eating for breakfast, almost everyday ever since she had landed from her internship in Gangam.

It was the first time, Taekwoon, her boyfriend-cum-boss, had stayed over. It was also Soo Ah's first time, well, doing things couples do.

She was hoping he would be okay with eating the yogurt.

And it turns out, he was okay with it. They chatted about a few things about the Archeology and research department, and were soon out of the door.

The office was buzzing even more than usual. Taekwoon went to his cabin, and Soo Ah went to her desk.

"Yo, Soo Ah!" heard the voice I was very much familiar with.

I was greeted by the cheerful face of my best friend, Lee Hongbin. He sat on his swivel chair, and that enabled him to go to her at anytime from across my desk with all the latest news, or as you would like to call it, gossip.

He wore a David Lynch Rules t-shirt, cargo pants and Converse. His nutmeg hair was combed neatly, which made me want to run my hands through it and ruin it.

"Hi." I replied, not paying to much attention, and opening up one of the files.

"So, did you have sex last night?" He asked.

She gulped. She already saw this coming. But how did he figure it out? Soo Ah hadn't told him.

"Um, no." She lied. "Did you see the project file-"

"Details, please." He ignored her. "How big was it?"

"Can you stop, I'm trying to get some work done." She rolled my eyes, and simultaneously hid her face with her hair.

"Oh please. Tell me, or else I'm going to mail everybody."

"About what?"

"About you and Taekwoon putting Kamasutra into practice."

"Okay, go ahead." She said, he wouldn't do that right?

She started her work.

Soo Ah was an intern at the Archeology and research department. She had finished college just a few months ago. This job paid well, but she had to work at Tim Hortons, part-time, to earn some extra bucks. The 22 year old had been dating Taekwoon for the past three months, and he had been a very nice boss. And to everyone's surprise, her childhood best friend had ended up in the same office as her.

"Y/N. You have one more chance." Lee Hongbin shoved his laptop onto her lap.

She read the email he had written.

"Lee Hongbin, you are not sending that to anybody." She said curtly.

"Oh yes I am." He took the laptop back. "Unless you tell me what happened last night."

Soo Ah let out a defeated sigh. "Yes, we did do it."

"Oh wow! Finally, you got laid." He smiled, showing off his cute dimples. "You were the last virgin in this department."

"No I wasn't." She retorted to her colleague. "You were one too."

"Not anymore." He winked at her.

"Oh my God." It was Soo Ah's turn to freak out now.

"I got laid last night too, hun."

"Who was the unlucky one?"

"She's probably lucky, because I think I'm the best in bed."

"Who's she?"

"Somebody. Chuck that. Did you notice, everyone's so extra busy, today?"

She looked around the office. He was right. Even lazy Rogan Lloyd had gotten up from his seat.

"Yeah, why?" She asked, turning her head back to Hongbin.

"They found something at the Anapji site. Something interesting."

"What?"

"You know Kim Wonshik of Yuan, right?"

She ran through her mental list of important people in Korean history.

"Yeah."

"They found his flute. Legend says, he used it to lure the princess of Goryeo."

Indeed, that story was very famous. The princess of Goryeo, Yoo Eunji and Kim Wonshik were infamous for the sad ending their love story had. They were considered the Korean equivalent of Romeo and Juliet.

"There's something carved on the flute, but since it's corroded quite a bit, it's hard to read it."

"When are they bringing it here?"

"I heard they're flying it in by next week, after all the polishing is done."

Excitement gripped Soo Ah. Finally, after months and months of doing nothing but boring data entry, she could finally put her skills to use.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro