Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Wonshik's eyebrows were scrunched in concentration, as he carved the fontane in the shape of a starfish, crouching over the marble counter.

"How's it going, Wonshik?" He heard his co-worker, Lee Hongbin ask him. Hongbin was new here, fresh out of college.

"Almost done. How are those red velvet cupcakes going?" Wonshik replied, his eyes trying to find any fault in the newly-baked cake.

"They're baking, boss." Hongbin slapped Wonshik's shoulder.

Wonshik let out a euphoric sigh of satisfaction, as he placed the fontane-starfish on the two-layer Finding Dory themed cake.

"Boss, wanna hear a joke?" Hongbin said.

"No."

"I went to the store to get camouflaged pants, but I couldn't find them."

The 'bean', as Wonshik liked to call him, had started cackling at his joke. Wonshik suspected if Hongbin's jokes were just a way of giving the listener diarrhea.

"You're so boring, boss." Lee Hongbin sighed, at his failed attempt to make Wonshik laugh.

"Why did you leave so early last night?" Wonshik interrogated his apprentice.

"I had someone to meet, boss. I have a personal life, you know." The bean scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"I can see." The baker's gaze traveled to the younger male's neck.

Hongbin gave a proud smile.

"Those red velvet cupcakes must be ready." Wonshik said. Lee Hongbin rushed to the oven.

Kim Wonshik, ran the Agape cafe in Gangam. As the Greek word in the name of the cafe suggests, this was one of those romantic bakeries. He had seen many lovebirds walk in through the heart shaped door, hand in hand. He had also witnessed a couple getting engaged, in the two years he had been running the bakery. The tourists were left fascinated by his cakes and bakery items.

The woman in front of him, though, was more fascinated by his collarbones.

"Good morning. What would you like to have?" Wonshik asked the blonde haired woman, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Morning." She replied in a thick British accent. "About my order. Well, my girlfriend's coming in a few minutes. I'll have to ask her too."

"Great." Wonshik replied, as he perfected the edges of the cake in front of him.

"Did you carve your jawline, or something?" Then she leaned in and whispered, "To be honest, I would turn straight for you."

He smiled at her, the way he smiled at all of his customers.

"Hey babe!" A woman who looked like she was in her late twenties walked into the cafe, smiling widely. "Did you order something yet?"

"Nah, what do you want?" The other woman asked her girlfriend.

"How about a slice of Tiramisu cake?"

"Sounds good." She turned towards Wonshik. "A slice of Tiramisu, and a cappuccino, please."

"That'll be 20,000 won." Wonshik manned the cash counter since his apprentice was busy with those cupcakes.

The tourists gave him the money, before walking over to sit at one of the tables.

"Hongbin! Make a cappuccino!"

Hongbin returned within a few minutes, a bit of white butter icing smeared on his left cheek.

"Yes, sir!" Hongbin did a comical salute, before getting to work.

Wonshik began packing the two-tiered cake. It had to be delivered within two hours. He then took a slice of Tiramisu cake out of the display, placed it on a plate, and instructed Hongbin to give it to the customer after he was done making the cappuccino.

The day went by quickly. It was time to close down. 

"Boss." Lee Hongbin called out, as Wonshik walked towards his car. "Can you give me a ride home?"

"Aren't you taking the bus?"

"No, boss. The bus is too over crowded for a person like me."

"Get in."

He drove the flower boy home, ignoring his stupid jokes along the way.

Wonshik collapsed on his bed, without even having a change of clothes.

He had been getting weird dreams for the past few months. He couldn't make much sense of them, but those dreams occupied his thoughts.

He feel asleep, anxious about what his dream would be tonight.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro