1 - Those eyes...

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Joo-Won opened his eyes, failing to sleep for the third time that hour. His mind was full of the events that happened at the hospital. To be honest, he didn't even remember how he got home. He only remembered Xander running to him when he found his older brother sitting on the floor, trying to adjust his breathing. Joo-Won did remember Xander's worried face and how he was shaking him, but not the rest.

Joo-Won might not be able to remember, but Xander remembered it crystal clear.

Everything was going in peace when suddenly Min called him in panic and explained the situation. He didn't even have time to explain anything to Kyong, he just ran out of there. When Xander finally found Joo-Won, he felt terrified. Actually, terrified wouldn't be enough to explain the emotions he felt at that moment. 

Joo-Won just... He couldn't understand why he was like that. Why did everything suddenly come back after all those years... 

He thought he was fine. Healed, to be more specific.

That boy... He was too much for him. Ever since he turned his head to him, Joo-Won just couldn't breathe properly. He came to his dreams, staring at his soul with those eyes. He couldn't focus on anything without him suddenly entering his mind and making him shiver.

What was this feeling? Was he attracted to him, or was he scared of him? Was it normal that he couldn't get him out of his head? He could understand if he just thought he was good-looking but this?

This was some messed-up shit. 

(...)

Joo-Won woke up at noon, not even remembering when he fell asleep. But taking how sleepy he was into account, it was just what he was expecting. But what he was not expecting is seeing Xander dressed up, picking a tote bag downstairs. Joo-Won went down the stairs as his eyes widened from how surprised he was, and apparently, their mom was not expecting this either. She was looking at him like she was watching an alien.

When Xander picked up a black bag, he turned to them and stopped. He raised one of his eyebrows and stared back at his family. "What?"

"N-nothing nothing we were just..."

"Not really expecting you to suddenly want to go out, dear." Their mom said with a sweet voice, but it was clear that she was unable to hide her surprise.

Joo-Won blinked a few times and smiled awkwardly when Xander stared at him. "Not outside. I am going to the hospital."

A sudden shiver ran down Joo-Won's spine as those moments filled his mind again.

"Kyong called me an hour ago."

Joo-Won quickly snapped out and looked at him with a curious expression. "Wait, Kyong? The intern?"

"Yeah. He said he wanted to have lunch with me and hang out."

Both their mom and Joo-Won looked at each other as a smirk started to form on their faces while turning to Xander again.

He blinked a couple of times, then it hit him. He sighed and knitted his eyebrows. "Not in that way. Gosh, you guys are obsessed with my romantic life..."

The moments like that were when Xander felt... distanced from his family. It did make him happy to see how supportive they were, but it was the kind of support your friends would give you, not the parental type. Even though he did find those 'when I was your age...' advice cliché and utterly annoying, he would be lying if he said he wished their mom wouldn't say those types of things. Like a piece of motherly advice.

Joo-Won laughed while hugging him with one arm and lightly hitting his shoulder, which made Xander quickly snap out of it and forced a fake smile. "We just want you to be happy Xan. And Kyong is actually pretty handsome, right mom?"

Their mom quickly hugged Xander's other arm and smirked. "Oh yes yes. I saw him a couple of times when I went to visit your dad. He is very hardworking and a handsome kid!"

Xander rolled his eyes. "We just met. Like, a few days ago or something."

"I know! But keep him in your mind, okay?"

Xander sighed again, but this time, he silently nodded. Both Joo-Won and their mom happily hugged him.

After their weekly 'bugging Xander' session, their mom went to the kitchen to cook dinner and Xander took out his shoes from the shoe rack. Then, he turned to his brother like he just remembered something. "Oh, Joo-Won."

"Hm?"

"Are you coming?"

Joo-Won blinked a couple of times and took a step back. "What? Why do you want me?"

Xander raised one of his eyebrows again in suspicion. "Dude I can't go there alone like it's a date or something. Plus, Kyong would like to see you too."

"Is it... Is it possible for me to not come?" As Joo-Won realized his voice was getting weaker, he just shut up.

Xander's expression turned from annoyed to concerned. "Is it because of what happened the last time?"

Joo-Won silently nodded.

"Do you want to talk about it?"  As Joo-Won kept his silence, Xander smiled softly and gently patted his shoulder. "No worries. Just forget it, I can go on my own."

Joo-Won looked down, but then stopped him from going to the door. "Wait. I know you won't feel comfortable walking alone. Just... Give me a minute to change, okay?"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, no worries."

(...)

After changing into comfier clothes, they went to the hospital. As they were about to enter the building, Joo-Won couldn't help but stop and look down. The thought of seeing those eyes once again... was scaring him a little, not gonna lie.

"Joo-Won?"

"Hm?" He lifted his head and looked at Xander's worried face.

He took a step closer to his older brother and sighed. "Let's just go home. I can make up an excuse for Kyong."

"No! I am not taking away your opportunity to have a friend. Maybe even more~," Joo-Won said playfully with a smirk.

Xander huffed and hit his arm. "Shut up."

Joo-Won laughed and wrapped his arm around his shoulder. "Okay okay. Let's get in."

"Are you sure? I really don't want you to feel like this. I don't want to force you." The slight amount of anger in his eyes that was formed a second ago was now replaced by concern and caring.

Joo-Won smiled and patted his head. "Yep. Let's go."

As they got in, Xander called Kyong to ask where he is. He said he was taking care of a patient and he will be done for the day, and asked if they could wait outside of room 280 on the second floor. Xander said okay and now there they were in the elevator.

After reaching the room, they both sat down on the chairs in the corridor and started to wait. While Xander was playing with his phone, Joo-Won got up and started to wander around. The voice of Kyong could be heard because of the open door, and it seemed like he was having a chat with the patient.

Joo-Won knew he shouldn't but... the curiosity got the best of him as he silently walked to the open door of room 280. When he reached it, he looked inside from the corner of his eye. Kyong was sitting on the bed and fixing the patient's bandages. His face couldn't be seen because he was facing backward to the door, as well as the patients since Kyong's head was in front of his. Joo-Won's eyebrows started to knit in curiosity as he silently got closer.

"Okay Hwan, you are all good. Please don't do something like that again, you made all of us worried." The patient just nodded instead of saying anything. "Also I heard that a boy found you. Thank God he was there before something happened or your arm got worse."

"Wait... Was that... If only I could see their face..."

Like Hwan, the patient who Joo-Won heard from afar a second ago, read his mind, he slightly tilted his head and stared at Joo-Won dead in the eyes as Kyong turned to the door in surprise.

Joo-Won widened his eyes in panic and horror. "Fuck no. Fuck fuck fuck..!"

Joo-Won took a step back as he watched Hwan's eyes start to burn with anger once again. He felt like a weak puppy who was surrounded by giant dogs.

As Joo-Won took a step back in fear, Hwan leaned forward, like he was about to attack him. Joo-Won's eyes grew with fear as he gulped and cleared his throat.

Xander quickly lifted his head when he heard the sound. "Joo-Won? What is going on?" Xander came up to Joo-Won and looked where he was looking. "Kyong?" When he saw the way the patient beside him was looking at Joo-Won, he knitted his eyebrows. "What's going on?" His voice was colder than curious.

Kyong turned to Xander in great confusion. "I-I don't know." He then turned back to Hwan. "Hwan, what is happening? Do you know him?"

His concerned voice made Hwan turn to him. "Get out."

"B-but-"

"Get. Out."

Kyong blinked a couple of times, but then did what he wanted. He silently got out of his room and closed the door.

Before closing it completely, Joo-Won was shocked once again when he saw the tiny bit of sadness in the boy's normally angry face.

(...)

Joo-Won and Xander's mom (Park Jen, 42)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro