Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"How fit are you?"
The girl eyed Arya from top to bottom.

"You tell me." Arya shrugged.

It's her first day after she got here in The Pit last afternoon.
She was appointed as a special trainee so she has been started to train separately from others.

"Let's start, shall we?" the girl cracked her knuckles, "let's see if you can keep up."

"One word." Arya stopped the girl,
"How old are you?"

"Doesn't concern you." The girl was still hard to crack.

"Well, I need to know if you are my junior if I am going to be trained under you," Arya shrugged lightly.

"Why? Will it hurt your pride?" The girl raised her one brow.

"How old are you?" This time Arya's voice was a little cold, "It is not a hard question, is it?"

"You see the last pole of the shooting range?" The girl was as indifferent as before.

"Yes. Why?"

"I want you to run up to it, circle it for two times, and come back."

"Girl..." Arya started but was interrupted by the girl.

"Don't make me lose my patience." The girl was cold, "unless if you want to quit even before you start, that is a different case."

"Let me..." Arya was interrupted again, "agent Akaishi, I'll count to three. Either you run or I'll report you. One..."

Arya stayed at her position, clenching her jaws as hard as she can so that she doesn't kill the girl in front of her.

"Two..."

Arya didn't move.

"Agent Akaishi."
The deep voice interrupted both of the girls weighing each other with their cold eyes.

The girl saluted Yoongi who gestured a little to get her at ease.

"You better listen to her." Yoongi was calm, "This is The Pit. Your authority is least expected here. So it would be better if you can cooperate."

"There is no policy against asking details about trainers, right?" Arya squinted and shot a glare at the girl.

Yoongi smiled slightly and eyed the girl standing and nodded a little towards her,
"Si-woo-sshi, please!"

"32 years."

"Holly molly!" Arya eyed the girl astonishedly, "Unnie, I thought you are only 24 or 25!" Arya patted her toned bicep in admiration, "how fit you are and still rocking!"

"Stop talking." The girl was again cold, "And if you are done with chit-chatting, run!"

"Unnie..."

"Should I add 2400 meters runs with it?" The girl shot a look in her direction, "or are you still gonna keep talking?"

"2400 is long!" Arya whined almost.

"3200 meters."

"Unnie..."

"3600."

"You are insane!" Arya yelled and ran for her life. That woman was crazy!

After three hours, Arya was flat on the floor where that woman had a thin line o sweat over her exposed skin only.

"Recent recovery?" Si-woo walked around her casually, "drug abuse, rehab and eating disorder and insomnia?" her questions were towards Yoongi who was now sitting on a chair beside hers.

"You covered pretty much everything there!" Yoongi nodded.

"Ex-Navy soldier, sergeant Si-woo." This time the words were towards Arya who was breathing heavily on the floor, "To answer your never-ending questions, Me- Age 32. You are my senior both in experience and position, but don't forget, I am still your elderly."

"You are my junior." Arya managed to reply.

"In defense force, WAS. In The Pit, I am no agent. You are in no position of being my senior. You can't have any authority over me just in case you needed to know."

"Hey, caveman?" Arya sighed and looked at Yoongi.

"Noona?"

"Are everyone in The Pit this crazy?"

"More or less," Yoongi replied with a slight smile in the corner of his lips.

"Why are you still sitting here? Don't you have works to do?"

"Someone told me to keep an eye on you to make sure you don't get in trouble on your very first day." Yoongi smiled.

"Who, Jin?" Arya asked curiously.

"I am afraid it was Hoseok." Yoongi smiled, "gotta say he knows you the most among us, so..."

"Oh," Arya stated quietly.

"How is your reflex?" Asked the man in black.

Arya rolled her eyes in annoyance.
"How could I know? And why is everyone asking me these? Just see for yourself dude!"

"Come here." The man called her forward.

Arya went and stood in front of the tall man.

"Give me your hands." The man placed his both palms in front of her.

Arya confusedly placed both of her hands on his palms.

"Everyone played this game growing up." the man continued looking at her hands, "try to save your hands so that I can't smack it, and at the same time, try to hit my hands. If you can do it three times, your point."

"Just this?" Arya frowned, "is this a joke?"

"Probably," shrugged the man, "Or probably not!"

"Why this place is like this?" Arya sighed, "everyone has this attitude problem"

"Hands." The man gestured her towards her hands on his palms.

"Right." Arya scoffed.

They started.
After ten minutes of playing, Arya's palms were red and stinging from the pain. On the other hand, she just could touch that man's hand twice, just lightly.

"I quit!" Arya yelled trying to hold back her groans and rubbed her palms together to ease the stinging pain.

"Who said you can quit?" that man was calm just like before.

"Wow!" Arya smiled a little, "you are even hurting me with a child's play, dude! What can you do when the real training begins?"

"This is no child's play. Why? Do we look like we like to play, agent Akaishi?" the man was curious for her feedback.

"Sorry." Arya just shrugged, bitter from the defeat in every training course she attended today.

"I want you to focus," said the man before he went on drawing a big "S" on the sand, "Did you memorize the pattern?"

"Yes," Arya answered.

The man brought out a black cloth from his pocket, made her stand in one end of the pattern, and covered her eyes with the cloth, "let's see how you remember the pattern. Walk on it for me."

Arya tried to walk along the lines drawn in the sand. It was tougher than she thought.

When she put off the blindfold, she realized she was off track just after the three to four steps into it.

"Again." the man draw a "W" this time.

After almost an hour, the man let her go and before she could leave for the next course he suddenly asked, "May I know who your previous mentor was?"

"Why? Do I have to inform him that he was terrible at it?" Arya mocked in frustration.

"How about saying a little 'thank you' when you meet him?" the man was a bit casual now, "He made you work three hours lesser than any rookie on the first day in my class.!"

"That is a good thing, right?" Arya was a bit doubtful, "or is it a bad thing?"

"He taught you well." The man answered, "now may I know who was he?"

"Kim Seokjin."

"Oh." the man frowned, "Oh hell!"

"Yeah, hell." Arya shrugged and smiled, "am I excused?" and instantly she frowned in disgust, "Why am I even talking properly like him? Eww!"

"Until tomorrow." The man nodded.

Arya dosed off in the weapons class, almost fell off her chair in the tactics sessions. To her luck, these classes were not alone. She did join the new batch of agents recruited in these classes.

But to bring back her memories about the academy, she did get punishment in almost every class she attended.
Guess people don't change after!

The next few days, it was nightmares for her.
She was doing well, but when everyone said The Pit was different, Arya now knew what they meant by it. She was probably the eldest among all the rookies, but who cared when she was trained separately?
The trainers were tough and particularly hard on her.
It took her quite a time to understand that actually none of them liked her.

Well, except for Nabi.
She even smiled when she handed her the tactics instruction results showing she failed miserably.

That girl- well, Arya knew why Hoseok was so much whipped for her.

First of all, Arya can swear that she'd be head over heel for her if she was a boy even.

That girl was tall and lean with long platinum black hair. Her hairs were always tied in a unique single braid that complimented her extremely keen eyes.
Those eyes were so attentive and sharp that it was hard for the young agents to be anonymous with their crushing over this extremely beautiful girl.

She was in charge of the tactics wing and to be fair, she was the best one in that job if Arya knew anyone.

And when Hoseok said that she was going to put Arya in for some tough tests, he wasn't lying at all. It took Arya a week to pass her first test.

Arya made friends quite quickly.
Well, she was never short of friends anywhere to be fair. And she was warned a few times to stay away from her ever-growing fan club. Those were increasing in number when she was getting punishments.

On her first evaluation test after the first month, Arya was first in her ranking.
The mentors didn't like her, but that didn't affect her evaluation.
They are unbiased, Arya already tested them. By trying to bribe them of course.
For getting a free pass in the courses.

Except for Yoongi, nobody received her iced americano. And Yoongi? He received her small 'Bribe', finished it, and gave her a 'D' in his evaluation stating she didn't get the idea of remaining fair and square.

These people were making her nuts.

And amidst all this chaos, Arya tried to reach Jin whenever she had a chance to get her hands on her phone. The Pit didn't allow any types of devices with the agents stating utter confidentiality about the training processes.

So, it always happened once in two weeks when they get their hands on their phones.
Arya eagerly waited for Jin to pick up her calls. And Jin never picked up.

Arya was sad, but she was more worried for him.
The last time she saw him, he was in a terrible state. She couldn't do anything to soothe him.
Probably she should have tried harder.

Relentlessly Arya called him every second she got and waited all day long just so her phone rang once or got a message beep.

But never did the phone come.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro