Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jin was restless in his mind.
They had to leave keeping Yoongi's team on the shore, his heart wasn't agreeing on this.

"Radio communications, Sir," the radio operator declared above his shoulder.

Jin punched the key on the handle of his seat, a sound of panting came through the secret speaker. A female voice spoke, "Si-woo reporting, sir. We are in danger."

"What happened?"

"Probably that underground base has some kind of trigger mechanism and our team has breached that. Cause a whole team was deployed towards the cave entrance just now. I tried to communicate with Yoongi sir but couldn't. Maybe they are now underground. I stayed back for lookout. Now I have to go four to five miles if I want to warn them. Looks like the military will reach there before I do."

Jin got up from the seat and paced around a little, "one troop? I can send a backup team but that will take a few hours." Jin didn't express his frustration. He knew he wouldn't come in any sort of help. What will happen will happen before he can do anything?

Even sending Hoseok back from his position would also take time as he was almost near Seoul right now, calling for the lookout at the flight of the North Korean delegates.

The communication officer handed him one fax. Jin glanced at the content. He was looking for this document for the last two hours. NIS provided the data and information about that US frigate they were chasing now.

"No need to send anyone," Si-woo's voice came through. "I am passing one mile per eight minutes. Will be there soon. There were more than twenty men in that troop. Hope I can take them by surprise."

Jin's concentration was now divided into two parts. He was now in front of the navigation computer, "hold on a minute, Si-woo-sshi," he punched the GPS number and the coordinates of the US frigate in the computer, and the computer showed the satellite history of the trail of that ship.

Reading the information on the screen, his face turned even sterner.
He put the monitor off and said, "radio me after reaching the cave, Si-woo-sshi."

"Yes, sir!" the line was disconnected.

A light was blipping in the overhead display, Jin watched it for a few seconds and finally looked at Jimin, "Jimin, adjust the course. I want to go to that frigate as soon as possible."
His voice was so intimidating that everyone looked back to see him.
And the very next second, excitement spread across the whole operations center like an untamed wave.

"Course laid, hyung," Jimin confirmed.

"What is the ETA if we move it at full speed?"

"A little more than three hours."

"Let's go."

Every crew across the ship heard the sound of the alarm. It was the most famous alarm on the ship often played during the drills.

When Haenyo would gain its top speed, everyone would feel like riding a horse. All loose items have to be put into drawers, the utensils in the kitchen will have to go straight into the specialized cabinet so that they remain intact.

The magnetohydrodynamic engine was speeding up the ship smoothly, the cryopumps were screeching their lives out in resistance. It was a good thing that those noises didn't reach human ears. If there were any dogs in the ship, it would be crazy in fright now.

Jin got seated again. He opened the specification of the US freighter in the computer screen once again.

That one was a modified US frigate, came into operations in 2009. The name was Sundew. Weighted 1400 tons. In length, it was two-third of Haenyo- 313 feet. Haenyo was much more modern in its weapons technology, but that frigate was a real powerful battleship.

The deck contained four 30-inch cannons, a few SS-N-2C Styx ships-ship missiles, and a Greco rocket. The last one will cover the whole ship in time of danger.
For air assault, there were 30 mm cannons. Torpedos can be released from the deck launcher and the stern can launch mines anytime they want.

Jin went into Gen's review site and looked at the pictures of the frigate. Sundew was one hella mean-looking vessel. Narrow bow, antennas were hanging from the radio mast. The upgraded sensor system was behind the chimnies.
Three inches cannon guns were noted in pairs on the armored turret in the front and back.
The anti-ship missile launchers were just behind the pair of cannons in front.

Observing the whole frigate for a few minutes, Jin knew Haenyo can defeat that ship if they engage. Haenyo's ship-to-ship missiles have a greater range than the Styx missile system of the Sundew.
But Jin didn't want to attack the frigate from far away.
That will give the frigate advantage of using their advanced sensor system to attack Haenyo from afar.

He has to land on that ship. He has to stop the Trident by hand-to-hand combat if necessary.
And he has to find the two persons he values the most in his life.

"That one, right?" Sung-ho, a naval commando stopped beside Jin, "saw that type of thing in paper before."

"What do you think? Can we land in that ship?" Jin looked at him.
Sung-Ho was in charge of the commandos in Haenyo.

"You have seen its radar specks, Sir. They'll know that helicopter is coming from fifty miles beforehand. Besides they have triple-A and SAM missiles in them. We'll have no chance."

"But we need to take Haenyo beside that one."

"We'll fight them face to face, right?"

"But we have to distract them first if we want to go there." Jin was thinking out loud now.

Sung-ho remained silent. Naval warfare has changed dramatically since the invention of missiles. No longer battleships covered in heavy armors bombarded one another staying side by side anymore. The maximum time, the two parties stay a few hundred miles away and carry out the war with torpedos and high explosive tipped missiles that can penetrate the armor plates easily.

Haenyo was a tough vessel, but the canons of Sundew can penetrate anything. And besides, if a few Styx missiles can make their way up to Haenyo, it's going to be nasty. Besides with a team that will land on the deck during Sundew will be busy raining cannonballs and missiles on Haenyo.

"After we stop the Trident and rescue our agents, we have to sink that frigate too." Sung-Ho quietly remarked.

"Yes." Jimin opened his mouth this time, "maybe we can sneak into their ship like thieves but we'll just retreat after we finish our missions- the Americans will not have it. They'll come after us, even the government will be under fire if the Americans know that this was Korea's work. We have to sink the ship."

"What will you do, sir?" Sung-Ho again asked Jin.

"Thinking. Don't know yet."

"Have to drag their attention somewhere else. But how? We won't be able to go a mile nearer to them even!" Jimin said frowning hard.

"I don't know what to do yet. But we'll attack in dark. You think too about distraction. And one more thing..." Jin stopped.

"Yes, hyung?"

"It will take a minimum of twenty minutes to sink a frigate like a Sundew. They can launch a few missiles on Haenyo within this time."

Frowning on Sung-Ho's brows got deeper, "is it normal that I am afraid? Who knows at whose face my day has started today!"

"Another call, Sir!" The communications officer interjected.

"Sergeant Si-woo?"

"No. From NIS. The Cheif."

"Connect it." Jin took the headset and wore it. Tapping two times on the keyboard he answered, "yes sir."

"How is everything, Seokjin? All good?" a heavy voice came through.

"Yes, sir."

"I called you for updates. How is the situation?"

"Yoongi and Taehyung went to North with sergeant Si-woo and captain Nabi. They'll cover the second Trident." Jin informed him about the situation.

"Good. Any news from them?"

"No. But I think they'll manage. I trust them." Jin's voice was calm.

"No news from Arya or Jungkook?"

"No sir."

"This is a mess." The cheif went silent. After a moment he again spoke, "The meeting is a wreck here. The delegates are going back, we tried to hold them back as long as we can. But Namjoon left without any notice in the middle that made the situation even more complicated. He was in charge of delaying them you know!"

"Where is he?" Jin frowned.

"No idea." the cheif sighed, "and the defense meeting has been scheduled with the USA tomorrow, no way to evade it."

"It doesn't matter now." Jin was calm, "be the defense meeting held or not, both the country is now in a race of finishing us off. We need to pacify both of them."

"What is the plan?"

Jin could imagine the cheif as if he just lit a cigar and waited with a frown on his brows.

"We will land on that frigate and rescue Jungkook, disarm the trident, and sink the ship."

"That will be a mistake," his voice was stern.

Jin paled a little with the scolding of the cheif.

"You can't sink a naval vessel of any country, especially from the USA. They are the biggest allies we have. If you get caught, nobody in this whole world will help you."

"Sir, what if we don't take permission from NIS?"

"You mean we don't even know you?" the chief's voice was a little rough.

"Yes, sir."

"I still have an objection. I can't permit you knowing the risks all along!"

"What if we don't ask your permission either?" Jin was heating up.

"You never went against my words, I know you won't do it this time too. You need a little hint of agreement from me, right?" again a minute of silence. Then the voice came again, "I know what to do, and I know I have no other way. But you guys are the best boys I had ever had, Seokjin. But it hurts to give you this permission, my boy!"

Silence.

"You all are grown-ups. Do whatever you think best!" this time his voice was sharp.

"Thank you, sir. We'll talk this through with everyone involved."

"Keep me updated as far as you can."

"Sir, we will try not to sink that ship if possible."

"Best of luck." The line was disengaged.

Jin knew he will be restless from now on until knowing the fate of the boys till the end. Even Namjoon is not there on whom he can pour down his frustration.

Where the hell did Namjoon go out of all time?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro