~•10~•

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

THIRD PERSON'S POV

In a decent but hidden warehouse lying on the outskirts of the city. The 4 members of the 5 men gang sat comfortably. They were waiting for that one call. The one that'll determine the right time to strike. They are all casually dressed in different colours of t-shirts with black pants. They are also wearing different colours of shoes.

They already changed their location, security reasons.

"So let's go over the plan again. Leo said she closes at exactly 3:45pm on Fridays. Her sister comes at 4:00pm. She drives a tinted Toyota Camry 2018 model on Fridays. We already have the exact car and pick her up at that time. No double timing since her sister won't be in town that day. Her Mom would be coming to pick her up, I'll handle that.

Stoner, you'll be driving. When it's 3:55pm, you'll leave the car windows down, place the note on the passenger seat and get down from the car. Leave the car unlocked. Based on findings, she sits there everytime. Hide somewhere.

Leo is already at the location. Biggie and Jude will come separately through public transport. As soon as she opens the passenger door, reads the note, she'll turn around. Leo would make her unconscious and then blindfold her.  He knows the chemistry behind that. Thankfully, the glasses are tinted.

She'll sit at the back seat, in between Jude and Leo. Biggie would sit at the passenger seat. If anyone asks for your identity, her father sent you to get her."

Head puffs his cigarettes. It really took a while to come up and decide on this plan. It was the best so far.

"If you're faced with any hitch, you know the plan B and C. I won't be back tonight. Make no mistakes." He puts out his cigarettes.

Head looks a little disoriented. He believes the children should not suffer for the sins of their parents. But what if that's the only way? He kept on asking himself if it was the right thing to do. Is it only because of what happened in the past? He slammed his fist into the hard wall. The impact made him wince in mild pain. He wasn't used to hitting walls. He leaned against the table as he lit the cigarettes. The thought of having lung related diseases made him chuckle lightly.

The victim doesn't deserve to be here, but she has to. He might as well make her comfortable. He went round to ensure everything was in place. The cabinets were well stacked with foods and various provisions. The room was well adorned in her best colour, blue. He also made sure that clothes of her size were in the wardrobe.

He gave a satisfied nod and made for the door. He didn't want her to meet him yet, besides, he wasn't ready to answer her questions yet. He still had other businesses to attend to. He trusted his boys to do well without leaving traces and mistakes. This didn't mean they weren't armed. With one last look at the building, he stomped on the cigarette and got into his car.

~*       *       *       *       *~
   MELINDA'S POV

After what happened that day, I tried as possible to steer clear off him. This life ehn, after I thought we were already becoming good friends. What was I thinking? That we could be a thing? As much as I want that, I won't stoop so low. I'm a woman of dignity. I won't lose that easily.

Flashback.
        The driver came to get me from school today. I quickly took a shower, I didn't take long this time. I generously applied my nivea body lotion. I put on a high waisted black jeans then paired it with a light green long sleeved crop top. I went with my black fancy slippers. I lightly sprayed my victoria secret perfume and applied a clear lip gloss. I checked myself in the mirror and I was satisfied with my look. I took my phone, my purse and airpods. Some cash and my credit card were in my purse already. I dialed an Uber and was on my way.

Shortly, I was at Harry's place. I'm not used to knocking so I called his phone. He didn't pick up at first but showed up at the door.

"Hey." He beamed and ushered me in.

"I'll say this again, your house is beautiful." I gawked.

"Thanks baby." He replied. I tried not to add deep meaning to that.

"So, what are we doing?" I ask as he led us to where is supposed to be the kitchen.

"So I baked some cupcakes. Wanna try it?" He delightfully asked.

" So you can bake?" I laughed

"Of course."

I picked up one of the beautiful cupcakes to taste. "Hmmmm, tastes amazingly good."

"Wait, you got something by your lips. Let me help with that." Harry grabbed a napkin and moved closer.

So close that I could feel his breathing. Without warning, his soft lips crashed into mine slowly at first. I froze instantly. Of course, I didn't kiss him back. I was so shocked.

He pulled away with hurt visible in his eyes. "Get out."

"Are you shitting me? You kissed me without my permission and you're asking me to leave?" I scoffed.

"So why won't you kiss back?" He questioned.

"Why should I kiss back?" I fired.

"You know what? Just leave." He yelled.

I took a step back, "I was leaving anyways. I shouldn't have come here in the first place." I picked my stuff and stormed off.

**End of flashback.

School was already over so I decided to leave the class before others. I was going to complete Ashley's note when I get home.

"Hey." Tibbi appeared from nowhere.

"You startled me." I jumped slightly.

"I'm sorry about that, but I was just walking beside you and you didn't notice. You were probably deep in thoughts." He put both hands in his trousers pocket as we walked.

"I guess." I shrugged.

"I just wanted to walk you to your car. I think that's it." He pointed to a Camry vehicle.

"That should be my Mom. Do you still want to walk with me?" I asked. He looks alarmed so I added, "She's pretty nice." He relaxed.

"That calmed me a little, but I'm not taking any chances. I'll stay close by." He responded. I just laughed.

Once we were close to the car, he told me goodbye.

I advanced towards the car and opened the passenger side. The windows were unusually down. Mom wasn't in the car. I guess she went to the rest room. Something caught my eye,

"We meet soon :)"

I looked around, trying to find who ever it was. Tibbi was still standing at his spot.

Just then, a white clothing was firmly clamped over my nose and my head began to spin. I couldn't make out the face of the person in front of me. I faintly heard Tibbi call me. From my left side vision, I saw that Tibbi was shot in the chest. Tears began to cloud my vision. I'm sorry Tibbi.

I was placed at the back seat. Tears flowed without any hindrance. I began to feel dizzy and lightheaded. I saw black and welcomed the feeling of emptiness without trying to fight.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro