~•9~•

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Not edited!

The weekend was slow and Monday came fast. Hilda is away already and forgot about the issue. The debate is today and I'm nervous and worked up, we aren't done preparing for the debate. We never got the chance to finish up.

"Good morning class." Mr Akinlade entered the class. "Get a sheet of paper. Remember that test of the other day? Yes, that one. We're having it today."

The class was gradually becoming rowdy. Here am I, sitting in the class not remembering about any test. I began to panic, palms sweaty already. A junior knocked and asked to see the teacher. After few minutes of exchanging words with the teacher, the junior left.

"Ashley, Bakare and Tunbosun, looks like your test would be holding another time. Mr Kolade needs you to be in his office."

I've never been this happy to leave literature class. I hurried took my purse, my pen and the incomplete script with me. Tibbi went to get Harry and MJ in the science class. And yes, Harry is a science student. We have a huge problem, we aren't yet done with the script. I'm really tensed. What would I tell Mr. Kolade?

Ashley and I left for the staff room. She was trying to recall all she learnt why I was internally panicking. Mr. Kolade was waiting by the entrance to the staff room

"Good morning sir." We chorused.

"Where's your partner?" He directed the question at me.

"He should be on his way sir." I whispered. I think in should just talk now rather than later. "Sir, I'm not sure we can participate in this again. I'm not done yet with the write-up."

"What?! You should have told me earlier. I'm really disappointed in you. I thought you were the responsible one." He shook his head in disappointment. Ashley was silently laughing and I eyed her when the teacher wasn't looking.

Harry and Tibbi appeared from the other side along with MJ.

"Oh here's her partner." Me. Kolade announced. "Where's Eniola?"

"She's not in school presently. I heard she's having a photoshoot." MJ chipped in.

Mr. Kolade hissed and turned to Harry, "why is the write-up not complete yet?"

He smiled, "it's actually completed already. I guess Melinda doesn't remember." He handed the scripts to the teacher. I sighed deeply.

He scanned the scripts for few minutes, eyes widening, "wow, this is beautiful. You all should go to the bus. I need to see the Principal. I'll be with you in 10 minutes." With that, he dismissed us.

I exhaled loudly. Ashley came by my side, "what just happened?"

"As you know, I'm prince charming and I saved my lady in distress." Harry remarked.

What!

"That sounds odd, but thanks." I replied.

"You're welcome baby." He smirked.

I raised my eyebrows at him and everyone kept looking at us, especially at me. "Abeg, nothing is going on, let's go to the bus."

"Ouch, you broke my heart." He sighed dramatically, taking my palm in his.

"Harry, something is definitely wrong with you." Ashley hissed dragging me with her.

3 long hours later.

We've presented our debate already and we are currently waiting for the quiz to be concluded.

"Not a maths question, but what is the geometry of water?" The respondent asked. The hall was already silent.

Geometry is in maths, that I'm sure of. But how's geometry related to water?

"Angular or bent." MJ answered boldly.

The bell dinged to show that the answer was correct. Everyone cheered.

"With this, the quiz has come to an end. Crown High school came second in the debate and first in the quiz." The judge declared. Everyone in the hall cheered.

Our efforts finally paid off. We all went to the bus to wait for our teacher. I'm already exhausted and can't wait to eat the snacks given to us.

I sat at the extreme end in the bus. Harry came tho sit beside me. I could not but think about that nylon and the note that made my sister hit me.

"Why would he put it there? Why would he want to hurt me? What have I ever done to him? And more importantly, who is coming for me?"  I thought. I was drawn out of my thoughts by someone poking me.

"What is it ah?"  I fired.

Harry looked worried, "are you okay?"

My eyes softened, "uhm yeah."

"If you say so. I was asking if you would like to come over to my place today." He looked hopeful.

"I can-" I started.

"Please don't say no, please."

"Alright, I'll text my mom first. Now let me sleep." I pushed his arm lightly. He left for another sit when Ashley came to me. I groaned internally. She's probably going to start a quiz.

"Mel, what was he telling you?" She asked.

" He invited me to his house." I replied.

"Are you going there?"

"Yes, why?"

"Be careful around him. I don't like him."

I rolled my eyes, "yes mom. Going close to a boy would make me pregnant."

We both laughed. " I never said that. Anyways, I'm traveling on Thursday evening. I should be back by Monday. Mom said family gathering stuff. Ugh, there'll be too much fake smiles."

"Don't worry, I'll help you with the notes, besides, your fake smiles are perfect."

"I want to sleep." I yawned.

"No you won't." She giggled.

We engaged in conversations about everything and nothing till we got to school.

Feel free to point out typos.
Vote, comment and share🙏🙃

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro