~•6~•

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Not Edited.

The week has been busy as usual. Everyone went by like a blur. It was Friday already.

"Hello babe." Ashley hugged me from behind.

"You startled me." I shrieked as I hugged her back.

"So any gist?" She hooked our arms together. We are currently making our way to the junior block. The teachers are having a meeting so the year 12 students were distributed to different junior classes.

"Well, not really. I'm writing UTME in February." I sighed.

"So that's it? Don't worry jare. We'll do it together." She squeezed my hand. "When are you even coming to our house? My mom has been asking of you."

"Very soon. Besides, Aunty Tayo is always busy." I laughed. We both entered into the allocated class. The looks the students were giving us wasn't pleasant.

I spoke up first. Senior prefect mode activated.

"Since the teachers are having a meeting, the sports prefect and I here would be staying with you all. In the meantime, find yourself something meaningful to do."

"We do not need a sitter." A voice from the students said.

"Did I hear some talk?" Ashley pushed her glasses up the bridge of her noise.

"Nope." They murmured.

"That's what I thought. Take out something meaningful and get busy. No noise or detention after school." She smirked. I love my bestie.

They grudgingly pulled out their books from their spaces and laid them on their desks.

I signalled to Ashley to move backwards.

"Do you remember the quiz we have in the next two weeks?"

"Oh shit. I already forgot."

"Okay, would you work on the quiz while Harry and I work on the debate?"

"Hmm... Low key, you just want to spend time with him but I'll act like I don't know. I'll do it."

"It's not like that o. I was just thinking."

We both monitored the class for the next fifteen minutes till the teacher got back.

"Thanks to you guys." He thanked us.

We both made our way back to our classroom. We don't sit together so I went to my desk. I tiredly say down when I saw a note peeking from the side of my bag;

"You're going to learn about loss."

" Wonders shall never ceases to want to end." I thought. I quickly text Mom to remind her that I'll be back home late because of the quiz. I groaned inwardly, year 12 life is stressful.

I'm not really sure if I should be bothered about any note. For all I care, one of the guys could be joking around. Besides, this isn't the first time it has happened.

As I concluded on taking a quick nap, I was interrupted but the numerous voices in the class.

"Thief! Ole!! Ashewo!!! Soneye Tiffany held on tightly to the collar of Eniola's collar.

(Ole: yoruba word for thief, ashewo: prostitute)

Tiffany and Eniola are sworn rivals since their first day in the school. It just started with their hair bond. One thought the other was fake, I never wanted to understand their story.

Tiffany is Tibbi's cousin. She's half breed. Her grandmother is Irish who got married to a Nigerian, but her dad is Nigerian. I forgot to mention, she's the social prefect too. Trust her to give hot and juicy updates.

I don't know what happened this time around. Every week, expect this sort of drama. It's mostly over little things.

"What have I done? I'm not ready for all this childish actions please." Eniola cooly said.

"Who's childish here? Be acting like you don't know. You stole my hairstyle." She deadpanned.

Really

"Oh please, hairstyle which is over two weeks? I thought you were an instagram babe. You're not even trending." Eniola laughed.

What still amazes me is how good she is at mathematics. She's even a science student. I mean, how can you be like this and be like that? If you get what I mean.

"So na ordinary hairstyle wey make una dey shout abi. Big wahala o." Samuel clapped.

(So it's because of hairstyle you are shouting? There's trouble o.)

I decided to be a mediator, "but really, all these are not necessary."

"Madam, mind your business." Eniola said with her sinister smile. I recognize that smile even in my dreams. It simply means, "something bigger is coming your way."

I remember her words from the other day vividly and I paled. I turned back and sank deeply into the chair.

Within few minutes, slaps were flying around. I carefully packed up my stuff. I checked my watch, it was remaining five minutes till closing time. I got up and left the class. It's not me and you they'll punish together.

As I turned to take the stairs, I heard a loud baritone voice. I know it even in my sleep. That voice always seem to haunt me.

Mr. Akinlade's voice.

I waited to hear his conversation. "Year 12 students again." No one needed to tell me that he has that smile on his face. Good for them. I skipped downstairs.

I sat down at the waiting area. I brought out my phone to text Harry. I haven't seen him in school today.

Me: Hey!

I typed like twice trying to send a coherent message.

Me: I'm texting to ask if you're at home so that I'll come over.

I got send before I change it again. He replied almost immediately.

H: lol😂. Are you texting your mom? Y so formal? I'm at home

I smiled as I replied,

Me: You're not used to formal? Send your address.

He sent it shortly after.

I saw someone's silhouette and hid my face in my palms.

"Ohhh. Melinda, you think you can run from me abi?" Ashley hit my shoulder lightly.

"No ma. They were making noise in the class." I laughed.

"I heard that everyone involved are in the staff room. Thank God I went to play basketball." She giggled.

"You know you're not supposed to be there right?"

"Oh please. I'm the sports prefect. I was testing the new ball." She laughed as she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"Flimsy excuse." We both laughed.

Ashley's face morphed into seriousness. "Seriously, it's been a while we hung out with each other."

"I know. School has kept us busy." I replied.

"That's true. I have a quiz to prepare for, and you have somewhere to be. I don't like Harry, be careful with him." She concluded. "Bye." She smiled giving me a tight hug.

Hola :)

Well, sit back, for we haven't started yet lol.

Please feel free to tell me what you think about this book.

Who thinks something bad will happen when Melinda visits Harry?

Vote, comment, add to your reading lists and share!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro