~•5~•

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Not Edited!

INTRO- NF
(Doesn't have any relation but it gave an inspiration. You get the rhyme? Hehehehe.)

In the centre of the two hectares of land lies numerous mind blowing structures. In the eyes of ordinary men, it seemed like they were in heaven. The well mowed lawns, fleets of expensive ars, the waterfall placed conspicuously at the middle of the main building also added to the beautiful and serene environment. The sidewalks were well adorned with marble stones.

The marble stones shone from a far as the rays of sunlight hit the surface. The spotless windows glimmered under the morning sun. The large pool by the side of the golden gave a wonderful sight to behold.

The residence is heavily guarded by trained military men, positioned in each section of the building. Welcome to the private residence of a political godfather.

After security checks at the main entrance, a posh car belonging to Senator Bakare drove in. He didn't come with envoys this time around. Few senators are coming to this residence, using this place as their headquarters for a minor meeting.

"In the last few months, the revenue of this country has grown by 5%. This means that our income and share in thale national cake has gotten larger." The pot bellied man dressed in brown agbada spoke up. He seems to be in his late fifties. He confuses his "f" for "p".

"Hello gentlemen." Tobi greets as he's shown the way to his seat. The bodyguard was ordered to stay outside.

"It's good to see you amongst us once again. Hope your stay in the house of representatives was enjoyable." Senator Tanko, the supposed Godfather grinned as he twirled the glass of chilled champagne in between his fingers.

"Yes sir. I came here for something also relating to that." Tobi adjusts in his seat. Unlike others wearing an agbada, he's wearing a simple native dress.

"Go on young man." Senator Tanko replied.

"I want to run for a Senatorial post. I know it isn't a child's play, which is why I've come here today, to request for your backup and guidance. I was at the house of representatives, I found it hard to keep everything under my control, I almost even have up. But I'm happy that I was able to help my fellow citizens. The other time , they said I loved digging boreholes, but now, I want to do something bigger than that and I believe that I'll achieve that.

We know that the roads are bad, water is not readily available to all. The reason is not due to the lack of resources, but that the resources are not well managed. People like me would do that effectively."

"Senator Bakare, you just seem like a new person here. You don't even need a manifesto. We are dealing with the people here. Pretend that you care about the people and their needs." Senator Tanko spoke first.

"During the campaign, share bags of rice, beans, groundnut oil. In fact sef, anything will do at this point. " Another Senator spoke next.

"Promise the people that you'll fix their roads, give them constant  water supply, uninterrupted power supply, free healthcare. It just doesn't matter. Tell them you'll fix everything, and that you'll bring all round transformation."

"So on the day of elections, you'll just hire some thugs to snatch ballot boxes. This is the most important one. Win the elections, use your convoy of thirty cars to terrorize the people. Then they'll know that you really mean business." Senator Tanko concluded.

~*      *       *      *       *~

I squeezed the note and tossed it into the nearest trash can. I'm sure it's probably one of those guys joking around. I'm really just so exhausted right now. I took a left turn to my room. Hilda isn't back yet from work so I have the room to myself till the next few minutes.

I immediately pulled off my socks and shoes. I went over to turn the air conditioner on. Man, my feet are killing me. I undressed and made my way to the bathroom, with Burna boy's way too big playing in the background.

I turned on the shower and got under the cold water. The water against my hot skin made my relax involuntarily. I could feel my nerves relaxing. I just stood under the shower doing nothing for close to five minutes before I started washing myself. I already feel refreshed.

I checked my iPhone to see a text from an unknown number and multiple from our class group chat. I headed out of the bathroom and the cold air hit my body. I quickly got dressed in a plain white top and black joggers. By quickly, I mean it has already been up to one hour since I've been in here. I plopped down on the bed and made attempt to make out what that were discussing apparently on the group chat. They were trying to solve one question from the waec past questions. I hate how I remember that I have those exams in few months.

I went back to reply the message from the unknown number.

U: Hey, is this Melinda?

Me: Who is this?

Mum has warned me not to disclose my identity first.

U: Someone you know

Me: it's not that hard to block someone, I hope you know that. Nobody is above blocking.

U: Chill, it's Harry

Me: What do you want? How did you get my number?

H: You! I got it from that book that Mr Kolade asked us to write down our numbers.

I ignored the first part and thought, Why the heck would he want me? There are a bunch of other girls he could possibly want. Maybe he's just joking.

Me: oh okay.

H: Can we meet up? At my house?

Who the hell asks someone to visit them after one improper conversation?

Me: For what?

H: The upcoming quiz of course!! For what else??

I have completely forgotten about the quiz. But he doesn't have to know that.

Me: okay. Can't you come to mine?

Deep down, I really want to go over to his house, to see how it is. I've been crushing on him since year 10!

H: If you haven't noticed, my house is closer to the school. It'll be easier for you to come over, if tomorrow is fine with you.

Me: That's cool. It's a date.

U: A date?

I'm almost confused before I understood.

Me: You know what I mean.

I groaned as I tossed my phone onto the bed. I put on my nike slides and headed downstairs. Hilda's already in the kitchen talking with Mum about God knows what.

"Welcome sister, how did your day go?" I greeted as I sat on the kitchen island.

"It was great. I'm just so tired. My boss put me through a lot today." She sigh as she drank her glass of water.

"Sorry then. Can we eat now? I'm famished." I rubbed my tummy.

"When Hilda gets downstairs. Melinda, I hope you know that you're taking UTME in February." Mum said as she served our food.

Mum has this way of talking about serious issues like she's talking about the weather. What's with people discussing exams this evening?

"I am ?" I swallowed.

"Is that supposed to be a question? You're in year 12 baby, you'll take it whether you need it or not. I know you'll ace it." She pat my back. She looks so drained. I know I would Ace it.

Can God help me give her boss a light knock on his head?

Merry Christmas to you all❤️🎉

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro